Please help - I think i'm slipping!

sharron12

:cry:
As the thread said i think i'm slipping.....

I am doing exactly what has happened in the past. Do 5 weeks really well and then for some unknown reason i am starting to get bored/eating too many syns (only a few extra but they are soon adding up)/not writing things down etc etc :sigh:

I need some advice (or a good talking to!)....

Anyone else been through this? Have only slipped for 2 days but worried it might be the start of a pattern.....

Hi there, i dont think anyone can stick to plan perfectly 100% everyday but the fact that you have identified this, means you want to again.
I would say tomorrow start a fresh forget the past few days and dont beat yourself up. No one is perfect but you have lost 9 and 1/2 lbs and your Stone award is not far off. Think how you felt when you got half a stone and that feeling doubled will be a stone.
Good luck and dont give up you can do this.

Last edited:
Thank you. You are right, just need to imagine how happy i will be to lose weight and how down it makes me when i put it on!
Tomorrow is another day. Am going to go back to green as have been doing EE and really overdoing the portion sizes i think. I can do this, will just forget the past few days. Think it's meant to be sunny in manchester tomorrow so will get the buggy out and do some serious walking to speed the weight loss along!!

why don't you get back to writing down everything you eat again ... i find that if I begin to wonder off plan, it really helps me focus - sometimes uts a wake up call to how many extra syns I am having too.........

I was thinking of posting a similar thing this morning. Over the last two days I've been naughty with my syns and gone waaay over.

I woke up this morning with a positive attitude in that today is a new day and I'm back on plan.... but it doesn't take away the fact that I feel disappointed with myself and I feel kind of like "ah well, I knew you wouldn't be able to stick to something..." you know?? :sigh: I've only just started this plan and I can't stick to it!

I was also thinking of maybe writing everything down again too and also, maybe alternating between EE, red and green days?? Because like you sharron, I think I've been over doing the portions on EE.

The only advice I can give is to read your books again, go back to being a week one 'newbie', write everything down & look at what you are doing, are you slipping because you have got into the habit of eating the same stuff & you are getting bored with it? I know that this is something I do if I am not careful & you do it without realising, try jazzing it up, if you have been doing EE mostly stick some green & original in there to shake it up. At least though you realised what you are doing and want to do something about it, you have done really well so far.

Vary your food, make meals exciting. Cook new recipes, try different B choices.
You know where you are going wrong because you've said it! Only you can lose this weight and, believe me, it's worth the work in the long run.
What are you bored of? Bored of SW or bored of what you are eating? There is no need to be bored with all the foods we can have freely on SW!

Try new recipes! That always helps me when I'm having a blip - trying new stuff!

That's great advice, it's certainly helped me.

A bit of variety and writing things down seems the ticket. Thank you :D

Hi, I am going through a phase of STS and it's annoying me. So I'm going to spend this week eating as much speed/super speed food as possible (once the tesco guy comes with my order LOL), switching bread for ryvita and drinking lots of green tea! Oh and trying to squeeze in some exercise!

Back