• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Please help save my bean chilli!!

hjanea

Silver Member
S: 13st11lb C: 13st6.5lb G: 9st12lb BMI: 32.4 Loss: 0st4.5lb(2.33%)
Hi, I've made a big pan of bean and quorn chilli today-onion,garlic, tinned tomatoes, quorn mince,mixed beans in water, handful of lentils and chilli powder. Its ok but really seems to be lacking something. I used mild chilli powder because although I've had it today I want DD (6) to have it tomorrow. I just don't know what I could do to improve it-anyone got any ideas?
Helen.xxx

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

hjanea

Silver Member
Oooh thankyou, no I haven't but that might help. I'll give it a try.
Helen.xxx

Sineadw

C: 11st10lb G: 10st12lb
loads of fresh coriander might do the job and I normally find just a small tsp of sweetner brings out the flavour of the tomatoes x

What spices you used cumin and some ginger is a nice addition if you use chopped toms add a bit of lemon juice as it brings out the flavours :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

hjanea

Silver Member
Thankyou all!
I put more passata, sweetner and (after taking out a portion for DD) some hot chilli powder and it was much better-loads left to freeze though!
Helen.x

smnw42922

S: 12st10lb C: 11st13lb G: 9st0lb BMI: 31.6 Loss: 0st11lb(6.18%)
i add peppers and lots of fresh coriander to mine to bring it to life :D

ermintrude

Gold Member
S: 27st8.5lb C: 17st3lb G: 16st7.5lb BMI: 36.6 Loss: 10st5.5lb(37.65%)
I put garlic, stock cube, chilli, onion and a square or two of dark chocolate in mine.

If I want to keep the heat down for someone else I just separate it into two halves once all the main cooking is done and chuck some chilli powder/sauce/what have you into my half. I do that a lot with coriander cos I adore it but the OH says it gives him stomach ache.