Please help!! ... thank you!!

Thanks for that!

Well I managed 6.8 for breakfast this morning (which, when you think I have been doing 1.8 and usually no more than 2 is not bad going!) ... I shall try and vary lunch though ... surprised to find Heinz tomato soup is ok ... about 8 I think offhand, so that was my lunch ... dinner will be an Asda Good for You meal about 7 or 8 so it's a big step up!

I think my struggle is breakfasts really ... eggs would have been the easy option .. maybe finding a cereal that is a bit higher in fat but not too high in cals is the way to go ... other than that, all I can think of is to have a handful of nuts to make the fat content come up to what it should be at!

Do you guys watch the cals as rigorously as the fat grams? I have been doing about 1100 ish but judging by the calorie counters I have tried, I think I need to be doing toward 1800 ...

Btw, am not weighing myself till tomorrow .. then I will have been on the higher fat for two days and should see some sort of change ... wish me luck!!

Hi there

As yet have only been looking at the fat grams but then again I am only on my first week and still floundering around. Got very excited last night when I managed to do popcorn in the micro with no added fat - hoorah a fat friendly snack.
I think I will prob need to look at the cals too in the near future cos I do tend to carry on eating if I do not have a limit and there are lots of no fat things I like that I can eat too much of.

Vanda

OOooohhhhh Vanda .... my mouth is watering! What brand/make of popcorn was it that you tried? I'd just have to close my eyes and imagine it was dripping in butterscotch sauce!!

I'm just like you ... I can eat and eat and carry on some more (probably why I feel more comfortable with microwave meals, so I can't pile up my plate!) but today, having upped the fat allowance, I haven't felt hungry at all so it must be doing something for me! *L*
I also eat EVERY meal in a bowl ... I bought a rather snazzy cereal bowl so everything I eat looks a lot in it if you see what I mean, rather than using a plate and losing my meal in the middle of it!

I still feel like I am floundering a bit tho ... from what I have read on here tho, different people seem to lose at different levels of fat ... some do really well on a low fat and others need to add more fat (up to the 10-15g a meal limit) in order to kickstart a weightloss.

Hey, I almost sounded like I knew what I was on about then!! *L* ...

Hey, I think it's all trial and error really. Everybody is different, so you just need to try having more fat in your diet to see what kind of effect it has on you. I agree that you probably do need to add more fat into your diet, but keep an eye on the calories too. It's easy to forget how many calories you're eating if you're just checking the fat content, so limit yourself. You seem pretty sorted though, I hope you see the change you're looking for soon :) x

I too am just looking at fat content at the moment. Can't cope with too many numbers, my brain is too tiny for that lol

Am learning to curb my eating too and stopping when I feel full even if there is still food on my plate.

hiya hun...im in a similar situation...i started Xenical 4 weeks ago with a virtually identical diet to yours, very low fat and keeping to the 1200 calories limit.In the first week i lost absolutely ZERO weight, in the second week i actually put on 2 pounds(!) and in the third week i actually ended up at my starting weight!!!!so frustrating!!anyway this week i had a few very high fat meals and i have lost 6 pounds!
anyway what confused me is that my diet from the first three weeks was enough to lose weight just on its own so why wasnt i?i think its a combination of the low fat diet and the Xenical making me constipated as it had no fat to work with....

Hey hun

I think that maybe you have been on too few calories and your boddy was holding on to them for dear life!!!

Have you tried going on a calorie counter to so how many you should be having to loose weight?

You havent put how much you weigh but when i went to my docs 3 weeks ago I was 15st 4lbs and I have 1300 cals and unlimited fruit and veg. I rarely go over 9 - 10g of fat and I have been loosing 2+lbs a week.

love katie

xx

myfitnesspal is a great source to count calories and fat etc...even what excersise you do too :)

Hi folks ... *S*

Well I have been to town .. thinking that I would get some nuts to boost up my fat intake after reading on here that some people do it ... but I am more confused than ever now!

If we are supposed to be sticking to the 5g of fat or less per 100g, then there is no way people should be having nuts!

Lemme get my list (yup, I was a saddo! I stood there and wrote it all down!! Are you sitting comfortably?!)

Right ... hazlenuts ... per 100g are a stonking 63.5g of fat!
Cranberry and macademia mix is 22.8 g per 100g
Walnuts per 100g .. 48g
Cashew nuts ... per 100g ... 48.2g!

I'm in total shock! ... I mean, obviously, if you only eat a couple then it is less, but they are way over 5g per 100g so that's breaking the rule isn't it?

Pssst ... nope, I was good and didn't buy any!

Hi folks ... *S*

Well I have been to town .. thinking that I would get some nuts to boost up my fat intake after reading on here that some people do it ... but I am more confused than ever now!

If we are supposed to be sticking to the 5g of fat or less per 100g, then there is no way people should be having nuts!

Lemme get my list (yup, I was a saddo! I stood there and wrote it all down!! Are you sitting comfortably?!)

Right ... hazlenuts ... per 100g are a stonking 63.5g of fat!
Cranberry and macademia mix is 22.8 g per 100g
Walnuts per 100g .. 48g
Cashew nuts ... per 100g ... 48.2g!

I'm in total shock! ... I mean, obviously, if you only eat a couple then it is less, but they are way over 5g per 100g so that's breaking the rule isn't it?

Pssst ... nope, I was good and didn't buy any!

Hey hun!!

Yep the nuts is defo not a good idea!! In my eyes anyway!! They are over the 100g rule and xenical only takes out a 3rd of the fat so your absorbing the other 2 thirds if you get me!!!

I only have about 5-6g for breakie, 10g for lunch and 13g dinner at maximum any way so i dont hit the 15g and still am loosing weight. I defo think the calorie count thing is the issue. I found this out my self as i was eating meringue nests after dinner with are 0.1g fat and 50cals and 3 hours later id have eaten 4!! So 200 cals on top of my dinner was upping my intake when id stayed inside the rules!

Well at the moment i am a size 18. When i started dieting i was 16st 8lbs and was a 20.

I bought a skirt from ebay with the tags on from asos in a size 16 and everyso often i try it on. i can get the zip up now but id does dig in a bit so im gunna put it away for a week or two and try again later lol!!

how much are you weighing at now? Im hoping whe i go to the dos next thurs i will be in the 14s!! My scales at home are very bad!! They weigh me a whole 5 pounds more!! How RUDE! so i obviously go of here scales but it is V confuzzling to work out hahaha

Love katie

xxxx

OMG thats a lot of fat!!!!!!! Good on your for not buying any

I'd be afraid to try even a few nuts after my experience with sardines on toast!
I'll stick to my salted popcorn micro popped in a micro bag with no fat - until I overdo my cals and have to cut this down too then will rethink but too much thinking in one go not good for me when I'm working mornings.

Vanda

hiya kae, i weighed myself today to find i'd lost 7 pounds in a week!!so i'm 14stone5pounds now:D

Congratulations! That's a fantastic loss! :D x

Hey hun!!

Yep the nuts is defo not a good idea!! In my eyes anyway!! They are over the 100g rule and xenical only takes out a 3rd of the fat so your absorbing the other 2 thirds if you get me!!!

I only have about 5-6g for breakie, 10g for lunch and 13g dinner at maximum any way so i dont hit the 15g and still am loosing weight. I defo think the calorie count thing is the issue. I found this out my self as i was eating meringue nests after dinner with are 0.1g fat and 50cals and 3 hours later id have eaten 4!! So 200 cals on top of my dinner was upping my intake when id stayed inside the rules!

Well at the moment i am a size 18. When i started dieting i was 16st 8lbs and was a 20.

I bought a skirt from ebay with the tags on from asos in a size 16 and everyso often i try it on. i can get the zip up now but id does dig in a bit so im gunna put it away for a week or two and try again later lol!!

how much are you weighing at now? Im hoping whe i go to the dos next thurs i will be in the 14s!! My scales at home are very bad!! They weigh me a whole 5 pounds more!! How RUDE! so i obviously go of here scales but it is V confuzzling to work out hahaha

Love katie

xxxx

Hey Katie ... thanks for replying!! I am 13st 7lbs but I am into a size 20 ... oh I would love to be a size 16 .. even if it was tight (which it probably would me for me!!)

I could have cried when I saw the fat grams in those nuts! I love cashews and had set myself up to have some every morning with my Special K! Ah well!!

I feel a bit better now that you've said that you have a low count brekkie ... my Special K and milk come to just under 2 so I guess I can have a yoghurt with that and it will be ok! I was trying to have 10g for brekkie and there's only so many slices of toast you can have without getting sick to death of the stuff!! Ha ha!

I've done 29g today though ... a HUGE amount more than I was having at the start. Got weighed this morning and no change, but it's only been two days since I upped my totals so here's hoping!
I suppose if it doesn't work for me I can always go to the lower fat approach.

One good thing is that I am not having any bad effects for upping my fat grams ... whew!!

Can I ask you what calories you are sticking to per day? On a number of fitness sites they give me different answers, from 1200 to 1800 so I am not too sure ... I have been sticking to 1500 or just under yesterday and today ...

I think my home scales weigh me more too than the doctor's! I had to cancel my first weigh in though (swine flu!!) but she okayed my prescription for my second pack without seeing me ... I should make an appointment and get weighed on those scales again, see what they say!

I'd be afraid to try even a few nuts after my experience with sardines on toast!
I'll stick to my salted popcorn micro popped in a micro bag with no fat - until I overdo my cals and have to cut this down too then will rethink but too much thinking in one go not good for me when I'm working mornings.

Vanda

Ah, too much thinking is a bad thing at any time ... *L* ... for me, anyway!

I'm lucky with fish .. I HATE the stuff! I can't eat it, touch it or even walk through a fish market ... *shudders*

I musta been a cod in a past life!! *LOL*

hiya kae, i weighed myself today to find i'd lost 7 pounds in a week!!so i'm 14stone5pounds now:D

Hey you well done!!!!!!!!!!! Thats fantabulous!!!

xxxxx

Hey Katie ... thanks for replying!! I am 13st 7lbs but I am into a size 20 ... oh I would love to be a size 16 .. even if it was tight (which it probably would me for me!!)

I could have cried when I saw the fat grams in those nuts! I love cashews and had set myself up to have some every morning with my Special K! Ah well!!

I feel a bit better now that you've said that you have a low count brekkie ... my Special K and milk come to just under 2 so I guess I can have a yoghurt with that and it will be ok! I was trying to have 10g for brekkie and there's only so many slices of toast you can have without getting sick to death of the stuff!! Ha ha!

I've done 29g today though ... a HUGE amount more than I was having at the start. Got weighed this morning and no change, but it's only been two days since I upped my totals so here's hoping!
I suppose if it doesn't work for me I can always go to the lower fat approach.

One good thing is that I am not having any bad effects for upping my fat grams ... whew!!

Can I ask you what calories you are sticking to per day? On a number of fitness sites they give me different answers, from 1200 to 1800 so I am not too sure ... I have been sticking to 1500 or just under yesterday and today ...

I think my home scales weigh me more too than the doctor's! I had to cancel my first weigh in though (swine flu!!) but she okayed my prescription for my second pack without seeing me ... I should make an appointment and get weighed on those scales again, see what they say!

hey hun!!

Thats really strange! So your 13st 7lbs and 5" 8 and a 20? Cos your taller and lighter than me! I dunno i Dont get the size thing!!!

Well i stick to 1300 cals and have unlimited fruit. SO i guess mine would be around 1500 cals so yeah that sounds about right! Ive been on a few different sites and they have ranged me from 1200 - 1800 cals so just stick with what you are comfy with. If you have 1400 and are struggling up it to 1500 an see how it goes!

For breakie i have been having porridge and a slice of toast and a a dairy lea light triangle spread on top and a banana and it sets me up for day!! And its 8 grams of fat. Or on a sat i might have 1 whole egg one white scrambled, 2 mattersons turkey rashers, mushrooms and a slice of toast and that 9 g of fat and 284 cals

Are you doing much exercise? Co that has a massive effect on your weight loss! I was getting fed up with 1 or 2 lbs so have started swimming. AND IT IS KILLING ME!!! LOl only kidding i feel really good!!

Hope you are well love katie

xxxxxx

Isnt it amazing how people's sizes are so different yet are the same height. I too am 5ft 8 and now weigh 16st 9 but in a size 18 clothing. The lowest weight i ever got to was 11st 4lb and a size 10 yet i was still classed as over weight.

Hey ladies!

Katie ... thanks for the brekkie ideas! Shopping day tomorrow so I think those turkey rashers are calling me *L* .. and the dairy lea light too!
Exercise is usually a no no for me .. I've got fibromyalgia (pain in all the muscles) and arthritis from a car accident back in '93 so if I do any exercise, it usually aggravates things to the point where I can't do anything else for a number of days after ... frustrating as hell!
The only thing I can do really is to try walk more, say when in town or going a few times round the supermarket.
I do have a treadmill and go on there now and then (hands up here .. probably once every time the moon turns blue) but even ten minutes on there knocks me back otherwise I'd be on there running!!

It's amazing how I can go into a shop and the assistants will hand me a size 16 or and 18 and say here you go ... and they don't believe me when I say there is NO WAY I could get into that! I have to admit I have sometimes tried things on right in front of them just to show them!!

Having said that, I have seen some people who I've thought of as being slight, yet couldn't believe how much they weighed, so I guess we're a deceptive lot *L*

Am gutted this morning ... 3 days into the "upping the fat" and I have put 3lbs on ... did you all experience a weight gain at first, eating more fat per meal? I am just skirting the 10g a meal so am a bit upset!

Back