Please help !!

Hi everyone, i've been reading some of your fantastic threads and signed up to ask you for a bit of help. I have only been doing SW for about 6 weeks (have done it previously and had the same problem) and although I've lost just over 8lbs, I am stuck - I keep STS and it's breaking my heart. I literally dont know what else to do.

I have asked me leader to check on my food diary and she hasn't come back to me. I am avoiding class to be honest because it's costing me too much and I am dis-heartened and feel like quitting.

Anyone else hit a stumbling block and how did you overcome it? I have tried changing between EE weeks, green and red.

Any tips ?? Thanks so much in advance. :cry::cry::)

Firstly, 8lbs is 6 weeks is a perfectly good loss, it equates to about 1.4lbs a week which is within the healthy target of 1-2lbs.

Can you post your food diary on here so we can have a look? When you say you 'keep' STS, how long have you STS?

Don't avoid class, and stay to group too. Your consultant can't help you if you don't stay.
We have so many people in your situation, they get weighed, sigh and then leave.

If she hasn't got back to you, give her a bell and ask her for some help.

Sometimes we do get stuck in a rut but the only way to get out of it is to keep on going.

Good luck hun. x

You are doing brilliantly! If you are being honest and sticking to your plan then it will all even out eventually. Try not to focus on the weekly weight loss but look at it on a 4 weekly / monthly basis. You have to stay to the meeting and ask the other members for some tips / help etc. I have 2 members of my group who are my text buddies and they almost always manage to talk me out of going off plan when I need help!

Hi - thanks for your replies, I will post my food diary as soon as I get chance (I'm at work at the mo) Even staying to class you can wait over an hour to speak to her, we've over 60 members on our weigh in day and there's a queue of people there.

I've spoken to her on the phone, and via email and text and she just keeps saying she'll ring me back or have another look, I think it's because she can't see where i've gone wrong, i've stuck to the book religiously.

And I've STS for 3 weeks now dreamslim. Thanks for your replies everyone x

tryingtobeslimjim said:
Hi - thanks for your replies, I will post my food diary as soon as I get chance (I'm at work at the mo) Even staying to class you can wait over an hour to speak to her, we've over 60 members on our weigh in day and there's a queue of people there.

I've spoken to her on the phone, and via email and text and she just keeps saying she'll ring me back or have another look, I think it's because she can't see where i've gone wrong, i've stuck to the book religiously.

And I've STS for 3 weeks now dreamslim. Thanks for your replies everyone x

Wow, you lost 8lbs in 3 weeks? That's brill. Still, it is really frustrating if you're being 100% and sts. Definitely think the food diary is the way forward, sometimes our body needs a bit of a kick-start to get the weight loss moving again so hopefully we'll be able to give you some pointers. Good luck. Xx

Hi - sorry it's long winded, this is my food diary for the week I sts and was most disappointed:-

Saturday - red day
Breakfast

Bacon (3 rashers of lean, not a trace of fat) with fry light egg on toast,using 2 x 40g WW brown loaf (HEXB), cofee, with sweetner and dash of skimmed milk - butter and tomoto sauce counted 4 syns

lunch

salad, lettuce, cucumber, spring onion, pepper, boiled egg, 30g cheese (hexa), vinagarette, orange and apple to follow

tea

spag bol with home made ragu, passatta, chopped mushrooms, onions, garlic with EX Lean mince, pasta counted as HEXB

treat - bag maltesers 9.5 syns

Sunday - red

Same breakfast as above

Lunch, 2 chicken drumsticks, no skin, with salad, as above - salad cream counted as 2 syns

tea - spag bol sauce from above, with hexb jacket spud (plain), pineapple, strawberries, muller light and an orange

monday - red

breakfast, cereal - counted as 4.5 syns, hexA skimed milk

lunch, home made soup - onions, passatta, carrots, mushrooms, leek, pepper, 2 xstock cubes with 2 x hexb bread

tea - 2 x chicken drummers with salad (as above) counting salad cream again. with cherries, pineapple and an orange

tuesday - red

2 x tesco light sausages on toast (hexb) with sauce as 2 syns, sausages at 2 syns grilled.

lunch - soup as above with 6 x wholegran crackerbread with a packet of wafer thin ham (mini one)

tea - chicken breast with salad as above

snacks, pineapple, cherries, grapes, strawberries, muller light

wed - red

cereal - 4.5 syns with milk, hexa

lunch - ham salad as above

tea - 2 x chicken drummers, no skin and home made veg soup as above

fruit - strawberries, grapes, orange, and a yoghurt

thurs - green

bran flakes - hexb
milk - hexa

lunch - spaghetti hoops, 2 x ww bread hexb, butter, syn'd at 2

tea - jacket spud, salad, cheese hexa

snacks, maltese buny, 8 syns, strawberries, apple, orange, yoghurt

friday - red

bran flakes and milk , hexa and b
lunch - ham salad
tea - beef and mushroom from chinses, half a portion, syn'd at 4 with carrots, cauli, green beans, hexb new potatos

treat - kit kat, 2 finger, and fruit - strawberries, apple, orange and yoghurt

Have made some note for you below hun,. Excuse the capitals,but no bold or anything on the iPad

Saturday - red day
Breakfast

Bacon (3 rashers of lean, not a trace of fat) with fry light egg on toast,using 2 x 40g WW brown loaf (HEXB), cofee, with sweetner and dash of skimmed milk - butter and tomoto sauce counted 4 syns

A HEB IS 60g WM BREAD SO YOU SHOULD BE SYNNIG THE OTHER 20G I THINK - UNLESS THE BRAND IS SPECIFIED AS A HEB AT THOSE AMOUNTS?

lunch

salad, lettuce, cucumber, spring onion, pepper, boiled egg, 30g cheese (hexa), vinagarette, orange and apple to follow
WAS YOUR VINAGERETTE FREE? I'VE NEVER BEEN ABLE TO FIND A FREE ONE.
tea

spag bol with home made ragu, passatta, chopped mushrooms, onions, garlic with EX Lean mince, pasta counted as HEXB

WAS YOUR PASTA WHOLEMEAL. ONLY WM PASTA IS A HEB ON RED DAYS

treat - bag maltesers 9.5 syns

Sunday - red

Same breakfast as above

Lunch, 2 chicken drumsticks, no skin, with salad, as above - salad cream counted as 2 syns

tea - spag bol sauce from above, with hexb jacket spud (plain), pineapple, strawberries, muller light and an orange

monday - red

breakfast, cereal - counted as 4.5 syns, hexA skimed milk

lunch, home made soup - onions, passatta, carrots, mushrooms, leek, pepper, 2 xstock cubes with 2 x hexb bread

tea - 2 x chicken drummers with salad (as above) counting salad cream again. with cherries, pineapple and an orange

AS LING AS YOU HAVE SYNNED THE CEREAL RUGHT THIS IS FINE AS A DAY, THOUGH SOME MORE SUPERFREE IS NEVER A BAD THING.

tuesday - red

2 x tesco light sausages on toast (hexb) with sauce as 2 syns, sausages at 2 syns grilled.

lunch - soup as above with 6 x wholegran crackerbread with a packet of wafer thin ham (mini one)

tea - chicken breast with salad as above

snacks, pineapple, cherries, grapes, strawberries, muller light

BLIMEY - I'D BE STARVING!

wed - red

cereal - 4.5 syns with milk, hexa

lunch - ham salad as above

tea - 2 x chicken drummers, no skin and home made veg soup as above

fruit - strawberries, grapes, orange, and a yoghurt

AGAIN ALL GOOD BUT SERIOUSLY HOW ARE YOU NOT STARVING?

thurs - green

bran flakes - hexb
milk - hexa

lunch - spaghetti hoops, 2 x ww bread hexb, butter, syn'd at 2

tea - jacket spud, salad, cheese hexa

snacks, maltese buny, 8 syns, strawberries, apple, orange, yoghurt

NOT ENOUGH FOOD!

friday - red

bran flakes and milk , hexa and b
lunch - ham salad
tea - beef and mushroom from chinses, half a portion, syn'd at 4 with carrots, cauli, green beans, hexb new potatos

treat - kit kat, 2 finger, and fruit - strawberries, apple, orange and yoghurt

Kingleds, many thanks for taking the time out to read my gigantic post !! The bread I've been having is the small weight watchers wholemeal and it does state in the book that its ok as a Hexb - I do think that maybe I've not been varying, especially my breakfast and lunches (getting up a bit too late for the school run and grabbing what I can for lunch at my desk !) And believe it or not I'm not particularly hungry, although it does look likeI live on mainly salad and chicken drumsticks lol!!!

I have been probably too over cautious because I know how disheartened i get when I STS but maybe I should be slightly more daring - it just doesn't feel right to eat plate fulls of meat etc (accompanied with veg of course !!!)

The pasta I used wasn't WM and I definitely went slightly off track there, thanks for pointing that out. Does it have to be WM even on a green day ??

Vinagarette - I've been using a kraft light french dressing - is this not free??

Thanks once again, I really am trying so hard, and am close to giving up already. x

Your meal plans looks great to me! Only thing i would say to boost the weightloss is maybe have some more superspeed food with your cereal in the morning? I'm no sw expert as i'm a new starter, i'm sure some of the sw veterans will have some better advice, but i've gotta say 8lbs is a fantastic loss girl ;) keep it up! xx

Thanks chick x

tryingtobeslimjim, if you don't have much weight to lose then this could be the main reason as to why you're finding it difficult. I'm only able to shift large amounts of weight in such a short period because there is so much to lose, however those with less weight to lose generally find that losing weight is much more difficult.

You may have a small amount of weight to lose and a portion of the loss you've had already could be water for example (i'm not saying it is, just saying it's a possibility based on your particular circumstances).

How much do you have to lose if you don't mind me asking? Congrats on the loss so far by the way, never give up!

Pasta can be any type on green, but as a B choice on red it must be wholemeal and you only get 35g dry weight - I'd rather have 230g baked potato as a B choice instead!!

Kingleds, many thanks for taking the time out to read my gigantic post !! The bread I've been having is the small weight watchers wholemeal and it does state in the book that its ok as a Hexb - I do think that maybe I've not been varying, especially my breakfast and lunches (getting up a bit too late for the school run and grabbing what I can for lunch at my desk !) And believe it or not I'm not particularly hungry, although it does look likeI live on mainly salad and chicken drumsticks lol!!!

I have been probably too over cautious because I know how disheartened i get when I STS but maybe I should be slightly more daring - it just doesn't feel right to eat plate fulls of meat etc (accompanied with veg of course !!!)

The pasta I used wasn't WM and I definitely went slightly off track there, thanks for pointing that out. Does it have to be WM even on a green day ??

Vinagarette - I've been using a kraft light french dressing - is this not free??

Thanks once again, I really am trying so hard, and am close to giving up already. x

I'm not sure on the dressing front hun. Its got to be less than 40cals per 100g I think to be free & I've never found one that is so I just use a bit of balsamic vinegar now if I really want a dressing on my salad. But I will definitely look out for the kraft one.

There's definitely somethingot be said for a bit of variety. IF you like spicy foods then I'd suggest you try & cook some of these. Cayenne Pepper is really good for weight loss, and spicy foods in general do dspeed up your metabolism a bit. i tend to eat alot of carribean, indian, mexican & thai food now as its all has a bit of spice in it. It also stop food being bland!

You could cook your chicken drumsticks in some tandoori curry powder mixed with fat free yogurt to make them more interesting.

Or maybe use a few syns on some olives & anchovies for your salad occassionally. In the summer i eat so much salad I have to keep it interesting with other stuff!

You will get there!

I'm not sure on the dressing front hun. Its got to be less than 40cals per 100g I think to be free & I've never found one that is so I just use a bit of balsamic vinegar now if I really want a dressing on my salad. But I will definitely look out for the kraft one.

There's definitely somethingot be said for a bit of variety. IF you like spicy foods then I'd suggest you try & cook some of these. Cayenne Pepper is really good for weight loss, and spicy foods in general do dspeed up your metabolism a bit. i tend to eat alot of carribean, indian, mexican & thai food now as its all has a bit of spice in it. It also stop food being bland!

You could cook your chicken drumsticks in some tandoori curry powder mixed with fat free yogurt to make them more interesting.

Or maybe use a few syns on some olives & anchovies for your salad occassionally. In the summer i eat so much salad I have to keep it interesting with other stuff!

You will get there!

yum Im guna to try chicken with tandoori curry powder mixed with fat free yoghurt yum!
I love spicy foods i use pri pri spice alot and usually cayenne pepper but run out coz i use that loads!!xx

Oooo spicy - hadn't thought of that to be honest.. I love Curry so will have a go at making a syn free chicken curry at some point, I'm just not brave enough with experimenting, although I do meticulously write everything down as I go along and check it against the book as it doesn't feel right to be eating something as normal as it sounds!!! (if that makes sense !)

I think a lot of the problem for me is that I generally ate like this before I joined SW, fruit, veg, home made cooking etc so its not been a dramatic life change for me, it's just trying to cut out the crisps and stuff in the middle, so maybe thats part of the reason it's taking it's time.

Despite that I do have a lot to lose, i'm only 5ft2 and over 13.5 stone - I was over 14 which isn't heathly at all for me height. I want to get down to about 11st and see how i look/feel before I set a target weight. I also have a fair amount of excercise naturally in my life, walking the dog twice a day, running around after kids etc, but maybe i just need to up the ante.

Once again, thanks for your replies, it's been a great help x

Back