Please lose weight for yourself now don't be like me.

artdeco

Hi everyone, trying minimins for the second time and exante for the first time. I have a huge amount of weight to lose 12 stone plus, and it has now reached a state of do it or die. I am 52 weight 24 stones and housebound. When i first dieted age 20 i weighed 10 stone 3 (5foot 9inches) and i thought i was really heavy. Since then i have dieted on and off, losing a couple of stone and putting it back on plus extra. I have been married for 33 years to an emotionally abusive man and always coped by secret eating. Now i am physically unable to stand for longer than three minutes, breathless on any exertion, painful knees, and suffering from dreadful depression. Please i beg you, if you can stick to your diet and lose what you need to, not to be beautiful or younger but so that you don't end up like me.Your health is so important take charge of it before you lose it like me. I am trying,perhaps for the final time, to lose weight as my life at the minute is not worth living. My goal is to lose weight so that i can take care of myself and return to work and get a divorce. I have been reading this site for a few days and the support is brilliant, just what i need.
i hope that my message is not too depressing but i just wanted to let you know how important being a healthy weight is, and if my story can make you stick to it then it is worth my sharing.
sorry for the long message.
i wish you all a happy and healthy 2012.

*hugs* I hope that your goals come true, this diet can really work wonders in a short space of time. if you can stick it out for the first 5 ish days you will find it gets easy to follow.

I understand where you are in life, My mum is in a similar situation - she is 55 and has been house bound for years. She was almost 30 stone at one point - she has had a lot of health complications and although she was never a small woman she was given too many steriods years ago and had huge weight gain (she actually has to take them every day for the rest of her life) she now has all the health problems that go hand in hand with the weight - she is only 5ft 4. she had weight loss surgery years ago and is now about 19 stone. We were meant to do this diet together but she was not in the right place to do it but I have promised her I will help her all I can in the new year to find something that works for her. It is hard for me because when I started the diet I was almost 17 stone and so there was not much difference between us then and I feel bad that i didn't try harder with her, but on the other hand I know you have to be ready to do it for yourself.

I hope you can do this for you and have a chance at the life you should have been living all those years ago - it is never too late to be who you want to be and get healthy, good luck in everything you do!

What can I say?

I cried when I read your post.

What a brave and kind soul you are , to share your sadness with us.

You are a young woman still, and you have a lot of life left. I am no stranger to secret eating myself - and also know the spiralling situation that produces.

I am so sad that you have spent so long in an abusive marriage, and wish I had some wise words to help with that.

I can offer some thoughts about Exante. It works, it really does! Name the diet and I have done it. I have gained and lost weight more times than I can care to think about. This has been the only time I have felt truly in control of what I was eating.

Ultimately, we can each of us only truly do this for ourselves. However, use the support here - it is invaluable. When you feel the urge to comfort eat, come here and talk about it. It has saved me from a few wobbles along the way.

Please take care of yourself - for you are truly worth caring about.

:grouphugg:

Hey artdeco
Just wanted to call by and wish you loads of luck. I really hope this is it for you and get all you want and deserve from life x much love and best wishes xxx

Thank you so much for sharing your story, you will achieve your goals and live a happy and healthy life. Im a real secret and emotional eater, and while I lose the weight this time I am going to try and focus on liking myself better and knowing that I deserve to be slim and healthy and then when I have an argument with someone instead of binging and punishing myself ill dust myself off say Im too good to punish myself in that way and go for a walk or a bath or something nice for me.
Best of luck, I will be following your success story all the way!!

thank you all

Thank you all for being so kind and sending me great encouragement. I am going to do it this time and i have decided other things since my forst post. I am going to learn to play the alto recorder!!! after all if i have something in my mouth then food can't go in!! and also i am going to do some legal secretarial training so that i can get a job when i am fit and capable.

thank you all so much you can really have no idea how much it has meant to me to read kind and caring messages. hope you all have a good and happy christmas speak to you again in the new year.

Hi artdeco...
I wish you lots of luck in your quest.... and look forward to reading how you get on :)
Marge
:)

Hello artdeco,

You sound as if you have the determination and the motive to do reach your goals, and after everything you've been through you DESERVE to reach those goals too!! Good luck honey, you're on the way to a more fulfilled, healthy, and vibrant life!! xx

How brave to have posted up such intimate detail about yourself. I wish you all the strength and positivity to progress and succeed in this journey. You seem in the right state of mind so I am certain that you will make a markable difference to your life. There is a wealth of support and information in here, the stickies are an excellent place to start full of info on exante.

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress xxx

Wishing you all the success you deserve. Make 2012 your year, put yourself first and reward yourself for your efforts (anything not food related)! Can't wait to hear how you get on, Im starting on the 2nd Jan and we are all here to help you on your journey! Good luck and happy new year to you!

just stopped to say i wish you all the luck and happiness in the world you can do it!! xxx

artdeco your post brought tears to me eyes. I'm so happy that you seem focused and determined to lose the weight and get on with your life, you are going to succeed I can tell!

My mum is the same age and roughly the same weight as you and I wish she was like you, maybe I'll show her your post so she can see that even though she's older life is still worth living and the extra weight needs to go.

Thank you for sharing your story with us, I wish you lots of luck. You sound very determined to achieve your goals (((hugs)))

Art, you have the ability to turn your life around ... you have demonstrated that by bravely posting your very honest portrait on here. You will get loads of support, and by popping on here regularly you will also keep motivated.

It will be hard, but you can do it! Your life, one chance, live it to the max - you can have the life you want (and deserve) :) .

<<hugs>>

Artdeco, I wish you all the luck in the world. Thank you for sharing your story. Onwards and upwards - you CAN do it x

Back