Please please read.

Nasreen.U

I've been on LT before, after i had to stop i'm back on.

But i'm really scared.

I was 15 yrs old when i started and i was 18 stone.

(too much info coming in)

I had, well still have flabby gut, flabby arms and flabby thighs

I'm really scared about loose skin, I really don't want to get it and you can't excercise properly when your on the diet and it really upsets me since it's not my fault i got like this and I have to suffer for it.

(Fukcing crying while typing this)

I hate to seem attention seeking and i know people have said because i'm young it might not be that bad but i'm still really scared.

I don't want loose skin.

Hi hun,

I don't want to be mean, but, in all honesty - if last time you lost weight your skin was quite loose it's it will more than likely happen again. Do you have stretch marks? I have bad stretch marks & my skin is pretty loose, however, it'll spring back to a certain extent (I hope).

If you lose weight slower it will lower the risks - so, if that's a major concern, maybe this isn't the diet for you??

Hannah

Im starting LT tomorrow and i was talking to my partner about my skin once i have lost weight and he really made me see sense and realise i can cover it up and no one will see apart from him and we would both rather be fit and healthy than be overweight because of abit of loose skin.

My tummy will be the worse because i have had 2 babies but ive come to realise if i wanna do LT then ive gotta get over it.

But what would you rather have; loose skin or a healthy, slimmer body???

Why isnt it your fault that you got like this? At the end of the day (im sorry if this is very negative) but im sure you were the only one putting the food in your mouth.

This diet isnt scary - personally i think its the best in the world. Dont be scared of it - consider it a challenge, one that you can complete if you put your mind to it. A bit of loose skin can be 'fixed' if it was so bad. But look - i've lost 8st and am 22 and i really dont have much loose skin at all - i have a small amount and i mean small on my arms and thats about it. :)

i'm with the others hun, i'm 29 and have 4 lovely kids so am kinda on the flabby side lol (she says at 14 st ish) i'll be joining the team on here tomoz cos i did ww for 3 years the most i lost was 33lb which was good but then got pregnant and "BANG" it all came back, been a while since i did LT but failed after 4 days (hangs head in shame). So now i feel ready and i know with the help of others i can do this, and well saggy skin and size 10(ish) clothes or size 18 clothes for me there is no question, will deal with the skin if it happens i can always cover it up.

Everyone on here is so lovely its fab anytime u need em there they are listening.

thanx everyone your all great x

when i say it wasn't my fault i meant it was because of my parents. since i was 2 or 3 all they did was shove fast food down my throat and it didn't help with the comfort eating when i got older. I know i shouldn't pit blame but i feel like if they fed me properly i'd be like everyone else my age.

Hi Nasreen, welcome to the club. Don't worry about the loose skin too much. Yes its not a nice thing but its quite trivial compared to the dangers you are in for being overweight. You are young enough to have a better chance of it "springing" back, especially if you use lots of lotions and potions like Bio Oil - which I heard is meant to be quite good.

Its a big fear of mine to have loose skin, and I am much older than you. I have some already after losing just over 5st so far and I still have another 3-4 stone to go. I will be covering myself in allsorts of lotions to try and help it. With regards to exercise - you can do some - mostly resistance or toning training will help. Its only recommended not to do too much cardio work especially in the first few weeks, but then it depends on how you feel yourself. If you want to do exercise then by all means do it but take it easy to start with. Try the toning or resistance that will help.

In the long run you will be so much more healthier when slimmer and as said by others above, you can have ops to remove the skin, you can dress to disguise it etc.

Good luck :D :D

Wow 8 stone, how long did it take you?

Took me 31 weeks - which included 3 weeks of refeeding :)

when i say it wasn't my fault i meant it was because of my parents. since i was 2 or 3 all they did was shove fast food down my throat and it didn't help with the comfort eating when i got older. I know i shouldn't pit blame but i feel like if they fed me properly i'd be like everyone else my age.

But my mum and dad fed me properly and yet i still turnt out overweight. I think firstly you need to stop passing the blame and really think of how much you want this. Losing weight will be the best thing you ever do - so hop on board with the rest of us on here :) xxx

I used to have this mindset - well, not so much thinking I was 'force-fed' by my parents, but, their abnormal use of food was the reason for my own. Which, undoubtedly, is where I learnt to use food as an emotional crutch. But, it does you no good to be blaming other people in this situation - if you do I feel it makes it considerably harder to deal with the problem. You have to accept that, yes, in the past this issue may have been introduced to you by your parents/someone else, but, ultimately, what's done is done & you now have to take responsibility for changing it.

Oh, also, I meant to say, that if it is a big issue, the NHS do offer tummy tucks & the like if you've lost over a certain amount & can prove you've kept it off. So, you know, it can be sorted if the worst comes to the worst.

Hannah

Back