Pls help me get out of this rut!

vixmania41999

Silver Member
For the past week and a half I've been so unmotivated its untrue. All my meals have been SW friendly, I'm just picking at everything in sight and I can't seem to stop myself. We're so skint I can't afford to keep buying fruit and veg to snack on and it only lasts a couple of days so I'm really struggling, when I'm hungry there is nothing in thats any good snack wise so I last as long as I can then crack and eat DDs biscuits or DHs pack up crisps then once I do start eating c**p I can't stop.

It doesn't help I've got a cold and now a bad throat, I've stopped smoking and had 2 star weeks in the last 3 weeks, I guess I'm just a bit run down.

Anyone have any tips or give me a kick up them bum?

Got my WI tonight and I'm staying to image therapy so hope this will give me some much needed motivation again, especially with my holiday fast approaching!

HELP lol

We all have weeks like this, you're not alone! I've been known to put on something I want to fit into (normally with me, it's a pair of jeans, but my friends have used things like swimsuits etc. too!) and thinking about how awesome I'll feel once I've gotten into it!

Why not make up some small pasta salad's etc and keep them handy in the fridge for snack attacks, as pasta is cheaper to buy than fruit and veg?

I also try and make low syn alternatives to 'naughty' things, like scan bran cake (with a curly wurly in, it's actually quite nice, especially eaten warm :) ). It's also pretty filling as a quick fix snack :)

Image therapy will also be a great help - good luck with your WI!

Hey!!
I feel the same way tbh but I've been a bit poorly so I think I've lost half a pound this week lol. I usually snack on pom bear crisps only 4.5syns, cadbury's light mousse 2.5syns, muller light (I freeze them so they last longer), low syn chocolate like kit kat 5.5syns.
I also snack on super noodles, bachelor's rice and pasta 'n sauce, I know they arn't all syn free but they are very filling and low in syns :).
I also keep my Healthy B thingy for 2x alpen light bars, lovely with a cup of tea.
hope this helps

I really sympathise :( I was so unmotivated last week, kept eating chocolate and cakes and ignoring the fruit. I was feeling depressed and couldn't motivate myself to do anything.

Personally, I think going to weigh in is a tremendously good step in terms of refocussing as you are facing up to the reality and possible consequences of snacking all week. For me, I got back on track by giving myself 2 days of easing myself in gently. Rather than saying "right, strictly back on plan in the morning", I started slow, have good SW friendly meals but allowed myself some excess syns in the evening. This gently got me back into the right frame of mind and I got back into the full swing on it on monday.

Try and set yourself a short term goal - do you have any social events or holidays coming up? Even something as simple as meeting friends or family in a month or so. Look forward, focus on a little target and see what you can achieve by then :)

Thanks guys!

Cholecat, I'm going on holiday on my birthday 31st july and I wanted to lose another stone before I go and I've got 9.5 lbs left to go, that was keeping me really motivated but this week I've not even been bothered. I need to refocus on this I think.

Thanks for the support/ideas everyone, really appreciated!!

I had a week like that not too long ago, if you had put sugar on socks i would have eaten them!!!
I went in to class not dreading what the scales said because what ever they said, it didnt matter the bad week was in the past and now with lots of support from the class i'm back on track!

I hope your feeling better soon!
Never give up and always think about the feeling when you see those pounds melt away!!

Good luck for the WI were all 100% behind you and you can do it!!
xx

Back