Plumfoodie's diary and ramblings

Ever since the cold weather hit, it's been a lot harder to resist the temptations. Plus the fact that a lot of yummy foods that only come out for this season are all over the stores, people's houses, etc.

AshieFan said:
I know how you feel Plum. I have not been able to keep on track this past week.

It's a struggle sometimes isn't it and so frustrating as you can see it happening but still it continues. My plan for the next couple of days is to take it one day at a time and try to keep in plenty of low GI healthy foods so that at least if I overeat it won't be on rubbish. Watch this space!

CaliSweden said:
Ever since the cold weather hit, it's been a lot harder to resist the temptations. Plus the fact that a lot of yummy foods that only come out for this season are all over the stores, people's houses, etc.

I think as well that bad carbs create a physical craving for more bad carbs and thus create a vicious circle cycle, which as well as being no fun is also very difficult to say 5 times fast! :D

Oh Plum, you are so right about the vicious circle of bad carbs. It feels so good when your system is free of them. Just need to bottle that feeling for when we are tempted to indulge in the high GL foods.

You're right Molly. Maybe I should put a card in my purse outlining the bad ways the bad carbs affect me! As it's never worth it in the long run.

So, I managed to defeat the bad foods today and eat good foods. It was a struggle around mid-afternoon, I have to say! But somehow I managed to come in at exactly 1500 calories according to MFP. It always makes me chuckle when that happens.

Breakfast: low GL granola + all bran, seeds and milk

Lunch: lowfat sausage casserole, cheese oaty bakes and a pear

Snack: pistachio nuts

Snack: milk

Dinner: chicken and soba noodle stir-fry

Great stuff Plum. One good day will follow another! So here's to another good day tomorrow.

Food looks good Plum. Soba stirfry sounds yummy!

This week my weigh-in is back to Thursday. I was expecting a gain as I'd been showing one for most of the week and my food has been off-plan quite a bit.

So I'm fairly pleased with a 0.3 lb loss, although I don't feel I deserve it!

That's really great Plum!

Congratulations on the weightloss!

Woohoo, a loss is great news. It's a great boost to see the scales going in the right direction.

Today was a very cheesy day. But within my calories, so hurrah.

Breakfast: err, um. oops.

Lunch: spiced couscous with light mozzarella, tomato and olive salad

Mega-I-missed-breakfast-snack: oatcakes with peanut butter, apple, lowfat cheddar, and a coffee with milk and low GI sweetener

Dinner-is-late-and-I-might-kill-someone-snack: mini babybel light

Dinner: ginger/mustard pork chops, cauliflower/garlic puree, steamed carrots and cabbage, small amount of stuffing (it is Thanksgiving :D )

Evening snack: lowfat hot chocolate with milk

It's a bonus to stay within your cals so I hope you've enjoyed the food. Some days can be a test but then when we count them up we discover we have not really gone overboard.

Dinner sounds really yummy Plum. I love the dinner is late and I might kill someone snack, I know I've had those plenty of times. It's like the hunger Hulk comes out.

Today has been a funny old day - really busy at work and we had to leave home early this morning too, no time to make breakfast or a packup. There weren't many good choices in the office canteen (it was either what I had, or sweet and sour something with rice, or a baked potato) and I wasn't able to get a sensible afternoon snack so I waited until I got home to have something. I need to follow my own advice and keep a little stash at work including some seeds to have with my breakfast. At least it's the weekend now!

Breakfast: work porridge with small drizzle of golden syrup (must get out of this habit, I don't do it at home!) and milk

Lunch: jumbo sausage, fried egg, a few chips and a few onion rings (which somehow I justified as being less bad than chips as only the outside is starchy - the inside is onion! :D even the available veggies today were starchy, on Fridays they do fish and chips and all you can get are peas, mushy peas, sweetcorn etc)

Snack: spiced chicken fillets, mini babybel light

Dinner: chicken and soba noodle stir-fry again, with mushrooms and cabbage, 1/2 bottle non-alcoholic beer

Snack: tiny dark chocolate bar

You did your best with what the day brought you. Days like that will happen.
Enjoy the weekend.

I think you did really well. Onion rings are very yummy, and hey it's made of onion :).

A good day today I think! Meals were quite late though as I slept in, thus no afternoon snack.

Breakfast: spinach and mushroom omelette

Snack: low GI banana/pb/oat cookie (had the baking bug)

Lunch: couscous salad with chickpeas (represent!), olives and other bits

Dinner: beef and barley stew (yay slow cooker) with cabbage, and berries with fromage frais for pudding

Today was a bit funny schedulewise but I was pleased to find the M&S 'feel fuller longer' flatbread sarnie which seems like a good compromise if having to grab something to eat on the run. The amount of bread was really well balanced with a lot of filling.

In the usefulness stakes today was great, we've almost all of the non-food Chrimbo shopping done, I'll definitely take having to get emergency lunch to accomplish that!

Breakfast: poached egg on soya/linseed bread with Parma ham and mock hollandaise sauce

Lunch: aforementioned flatbread sandwich (chicken and pesto) plus a few cocktail sausages and a slightly naughty yoghurt smoothie - less naughty than it might have been, I only had half

Dinner: wholemeal macaroni broccoli cheese

Back