Plumfoodie's diary and ramblings

In another positive today, I was looking at my graphs (I use an iPhone app) and over the last little while I haven't been eating 'to lose' but my weight has stayed within a 3lb band over all that time. This gives me some hope that my natural choices now are better than they used to be, so hopefully when I reach target it won't be too much of a struggle to stay there! I know Slimming World allows target members a 6lb band (ie +\- 3lb from target weight) so this seems like a reasonable natural fluctuation to expect!

Just wanted to wish everyone a very happy holiday season! I won't be online much now until January when, as Molly said, it'll be back to the trenches!

Go you with a loss in Christmas week!!! Have a great time and hope all the party planning goes well.

Great job Plum, you're amazing! A weightloss during the holidays, you're a true inspiration to us all :) Keep up the good work!

What a good Plum you are, a weightloss before the big weekend. Well done, you.

Have a fabby time. Make sure you go for that nap and enjoy the rest. Happy Christmas. :)

Aw guys you made me blush! It was actually more than one week's result as I veto'd the reading of the previous week!

I had an interesting experience yesterday. After all the family left I allowed myself a 'naughty' morning, up until then I'd been having the odd mince pie or chocolate or wine (plus cheese, pasta, creamy foods etc) but avoiding most crisps, crackers and other white flour or sugary things - I didn't feel deprived, just like I was enjoying the things I really wanted in moderation.

Well anyway, I ate a handful of crunchy snack mix plus several chocs and a mince pie, and just felt awful within about 5 minutes of finishing. Salt overload, unpleasant sugar buzz, and a general yucky feeling like my body was toxic. My body obviously now expects me to behave myself and is willing to show its annoyance if I don't! It was such a bad feeling that I won't be doing that again in a hurry! And as others have reported before, the crunchy snack mix didn't actually taste all that good anyway - my tastebuds have obviously changed!

Hope you're all enjoying the festive period!

I don't even want to *think* about the amount of chocolates, sweets, shortbread biscuits, more chocolates, cake, more chocolates that passed through my lips around the christmas period at work. At home I was eating completely sensibly, but as soon as you put me into a room where 20-odd staff had all brought in Christmas treats.... But you're right Plum- I didn't even really enjoy it- I just felt bloated and sick. But somehow I didn't stop either !

Funny isn't it! I wasn't really enjoying the snack mix but I think I kept eating it because a small part of my brain was trying to insist that it was my treat as I'd chosen to allow myself it, and therefore I must persevere and eat it anyway!

I'm going to be a little bit kind to myself and skip today's weigh-in, heh. Normal service shall resume next Thursday. :D

(off the record, I'm up 3lb, but most of that appeared overnight so I'm not sure if it's 'real' yet! does make me wonder how much I must have gained in previous Christmases when I was eating everything in the world!)

Nice surprise today, I needed to buy a new belt - I had had to punch a hole in my previous one to make it smaller but for some reason wasn't expecting to buy a whole size smaller. A nice feeling to be a medium in something rather than a large!

Sigh. This morning's unofficial weight (after an admittedly dodgy food day yesterday) was 173. It's kicked me in the backside and I've done my food plan for the upcoming work week now. I'm eating sensibly today but am back on it properly from tomorrow!

Today's food:

Breakfast (missed, slept in big time)

Lunch: chickpea, olive and sundried tomato salad with herbs/garlic, rocket and grilled light halloumi (I've had this 3 times in the last week, it's so yummy)

Snack: string cheese

Dinner: turkey, mushroom and white bean meatloaf, plus steamed veggies

Last edited:
Don't take any notice of those unofficial weigh-ins - they are just there to make you feel bad. :D

I think the best advice I can give you is EAT YOUR BREAKFAST!! You seem to go a bit haywire when you miss your breakfast (although you have done alright today! :rolleyes:). It's usually a sign that you are stressed. However, it's great that you have planned everything out - there is no excuse for missing any of your meals!!!

LOL you're not wrong Ashie. Breakfast (or the missing thereof) is my nemesisisis. My schedule all goes to pot in the holidays as I'm a night owl by nature but no excuse now as it's back to work tomorrow morning!

Hard to drag myself out of bed this dark morning! But nice that it was still a little bit light after work. :) We really had the rain today too, I feel bad for those with flooding.

Food today has been on plan and I got to try my Christmas pressie of a new soup flask. My old one was a bit better but developed the fatal flaw of letting things go cold!

Breakfast: porridge with berries and soaked almonds

Lunch: Tuscan bean soup, salad with slow-roasted tomatoes

Snack: Nakd bar

Snack: homemade hummus with carrot sticks and a few multigrain/seed crackers

Dinner: salmon with spinach, tomato and caper sauce, a little wholemeal macaroni in pesto, and steamed veg

Will probably succumb later to either a chocolate or a marzipan fruit!

Wow -that sounds a really tasty day of food - have you got a receipe for the tuscan bean soup as that might help me with my target of veg and beans -thanks

Plum, you did very well on all fronts over the Christmas break. Successful entertaining of all the family and only a few pounds up!! Win win, I say!
Good luck for getting back on track.

A fairly unremarkable day today! Lunch got split in two as I didn't want it all at once. Nice to have a batch of muffins in the freezer for occasional noshage!

Breakfast: low GI oat/walnut/spelt muffin, hardboiled eggs

Lunch: Provencal bean soup

Snack: Nakd bar

Second lunch: salad with lowfat feta and olives

Snack: hummus with cucumber and pepper strips

Dinner: chicken and lentil stew, green beans

Snack: small piece of chocolate

Ashie has inspired me to put my small victories for today, so here they are:

- did a little bit of exercise this evening

- kept a positive attitude in the face of people being muppets at work, which helped avoid stress calories

- went to M & S after work and only bought veggies and eggs, no tempting naughties

Back