Plumfoodie's diary and ramblings

- 0.4 lb this week. The small loss was not a surprise after the sweet drinks at the party last Friday and also an incident involving a bag of Kettle Chips... TOTM has a lot to answer for. I'm pleased though - any loss is a loss - as yesterday I was 1.4 lb heavier than today. All that salt and TOTM must have caused a lot of water retention.

I'm feeling positive about continuing to plan my meals and also about doing some exercise when I can. My M.E. has been acting up for the last week or two so it hasn't been much! Also this morning I fit into some yoga pants that I hadn't been able to wear for a couple of years, which was nice.

This coming week I'm going to really try to be extra good. Because I weigh in lbs now I never realise what I am in stones and pounds, but I'm teetering at 12 stone 1.2 lb and it would be nice to hit 12 stone in the next week or two. But we'll see!

I've decided to change my Minimins and ticker start weights. This might seem like cheating but it's really not! When I first started tracking online I had already lost a few pounds and so in my head I keep saying 'well the ticker says 27 but I've really lost 30' which seems silly to continue doing a year later. I've been wavering about changing for awhile (it does feel a bit like cheating even though I know it's not) but I'm going to bite the bullet and just do it.

Congratulations on the weightloss Plum! Also congrats on fitting into those yoga pants! That's really wonderful that you can fit back into them again, wear those pants with pride and a big smile, you've worked hard to get to this point:)

You'll reach 12 stones next week:)

Darn those british kettle chips, I'm a complete sucker to them. They're so good, and crunchy. The cold weather is not fun when having to deal with illnesses:( I know it triggers my pains and makes me tired.

I think that's great that you changed your ticker:)

Thank you Cali! :)

To remove household temptation I've been taking unopened packages of excess Christmas snack food into work! Maybe naughty but I figure that if my colleagues are happy to stuff themselves then that's their affair, LOL!

I forgot to mention a couple of other non-scale victories. Recently I wore skinny jeans with a tunic top and both times I got compliments! I feel a bit silly at my age wearing them (although secretly quite like them, they let me pretend I'm a teenager again - I see that now they're even doing the ones with zips at the ankle; now all I need is an oversized Guns'n'Roses t-shirt and a scrunchy, ha) but as my tum is still podgy and I'm tallish I figure I have to work with what I've got. :D Although I refuse to say 'jeggings'. Maybe snooty but along with 'jorts' I do not consider this a word. After all, people didn't go around calling formal shorts 'forts', now did they. Ahem. Anyway. :D

Also at Christmas my in-laws finally gave in and agreed amongst themselves that I had lost 'loads' (their word) of weight. Which after all that time sort of made me LOL. ;)

Note: today's post has been brought to you by the words 'tangent', 'rant' and 'whydidthe80shavetoend'. :D

I enjoyed that post so much it's made me smile :) and laugh a lot

Skinny jeans are for all to enjoy but i agree jeggings is not a word!!! It should not be used and it should not be on clothing rails!!!

Well family are funny my gran won't say I've lost weight until I tell her I have lol she has a big problem with family members putting on weight even tho she is overweight herself!!!! Strange one

I love NSV's

Well done plum

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Plum, I missed you, it's always nice to see your posts! :)

I'm going to respond to dumping food on other people on my section, because I don't want to hijake your diary:)

Congratulations on skinny jeans and tunic top! Rock it girl! Do you remember the skinny jeans from the 80s with zipper ankles and bows on top? Hehe I was young but I remember them and thought they were so cool back then, hahaha:)

Also Congratulations on your inlaws saying and noticing your weightloss!:talk017:

Thanks ladies!

And Lauren I think family are just generally funny aren't they!

That reminds me, my mom has started a low carb high fat diet. She's apparently feeling pretty good on it so I'm supporting her but have told her to stop trying to convert me as I am just not interested personally! Cali I am always mindful of how awful you said you felt after doing LCHF, it definitely isn't for everybody.

OMG, Cali - I'd forgotten about the bows. I remember I had one pair with bows and *also* a super-hot pair of bows on safety pins that could be attached to any jeans. My, those were the days. :D

Don't do it Plum! Don't go to the low carb side! Sure you lose weight quickly, but there isn't that clean energetic wonderful feeling from the food. Also once you go back to eating any little carb you stop losing weight, or gain a good handful of pounds back.

Also if you're more of a veggie and fruit person, you'll be kicking yourself in the shins being on low carb, as it's very very limiting on what you can eat. 20g of carbs a day isn't much.

Oh cool you had ones with bows, and the bows on safetypins, I so remember those. Do you remember the big poofy hair, like the poofier and higher the hair the better? Also the abuse of hairspray back then?

Don't worry, Cali, I'm happy doing what I'm doing. I'm happy that she's happy doing what she's doing, too. We're all happy. :)

And oh, yes, the days of Aquanet abuse! Heh! :D

This week's weigh-in: -0.8 lb

A new low weight this week which is nice. I had a pretty good week, I thought, apart from two days where meals and snacks were wildly off schedule (yesterday I had my at-work and at-home snacks plus dinner all within an hour of each other, as was mega-busy from lunch until then). Maybe that is why the weight has been the same for four days running.

I also think I lost more quickly after Christmas as 'new' weight has always been quicker to go for me. I am obviously back to the old stubborn fat now. ;)

Three more weigh-ins until my Feb goal of 165, which is 3.4 lb to lose. Hmmmm.

Congratulations Plum! You're doing wonderful, I'm so proud of you! YOu'll soon reach your goal weight!

well done plum. Even if it doesn't happen by the start of feb I don't think it'll be long before you reach it!!

This week's result: -0.8 lb

Which is just fine considering I had an unrestrained meal out. :)

I have changed my flexible goals slightly but that's ok. That's why they're flexible! It would be nice to hit my first target before going to see my parents in Cyprus at the beginning of May.

Have come down with some virus so trying to find soothing things to eat that are within my calorie target. Hopefully kick the bug soon!

Last edited:
Congratulations on the weightloss Plum! You're rocking it!

Congratulations on your weight loss. A holiday is always a good motivator.

I hope you're feeling better. Maybe this cold snap will kill off all these horrible bugs that have been going around.

Thanks skerry. :) I visit my parents in Cyprus twice a year so it's nice regular milestones for me. :)

Germs finally seem to be retreating somewhat. At least I haven't really been feeling too hungry while poorly this time, sometimes I'm a real starvin marvin!

This week's weigh-in result: -1.8 lb

Absolutely no idea how that happened tbh! I've been pretty good this week but not done anything special apart from starting to take a chromium supplement. I'll give it another few weeks though to see if it's really helping; this might just be a fluke this week.

I hadn't done my measurements for awhile, but since last time have also lost:

1 inch from waist
0.75 inch from hips
0.5 inch from bicep
0.5% body fat

I'm taking the body fat % with a grain of salt, my hydration level was also different and that can affect the result. 0.5% is perfectly within normal fluctuation range!

Pretty pleased though, I'm definitely under 12 stone now and less than 2 lb away from being in the healthy BMI range which will be very exciting for me! Also my waist measurement is now in a lower health risk category and my waist:hip ratio is 0.007 away from being 0.85 which is considered a 'healthy' number.

Congratulations Plum on your weightloss! Really wonderful with all the results:) You're kicking some major butt and that's awesome!

You're also really close to your goal! You'll be there in no time!

This week's weigh-in result: +1 lb

Completely deserved and expected, I had what can only be described as a properly massive Valentines day dinner. I'm not upset about it as I knew it was coming. Roll on the new week! :)

(I'll write more later when I'm not using my phone)

Last edited:
Back