Plumfoodie's diary and ramblings

Hi Plum! I haven't had my Valentine's day meal yet, we're waiting for Friday after weigh in, so I'm cheating on that part >_<

Today is a new day and a new start, so no worries. Valentine's day comes only once a year, you're allowed to celebrate it with your hubby:)

So, I've been trying a couple of new things over the last few weeks:

- chromium supplements. Too soon to tell yet if these are helping me burn fat, but I do notice that my blood sugar seems more even, and my awful mood swings if I haven't eaten are greatly reduced. Worth it for this alone!

- kettlebells. I got some teeny tiny kettlebells and am doing a few exercises with them. They're kind of fun!

- calorie mixup. I've been having different calorie limits on different days, to average out for the week. Again, too soon to tell whether this is having any effect (I have a completely unscientific thought that this may keep my metabolism on its toes, but who knows) but I definitely like the day when I eat my maintainance calories. :D

- veggie mixup. We bought a spiraliser, which is a kitchen gadget that lets you cut spirals or noodle shapes out of vegetables. I try to always eat plenty of vegetables but was getting a bit tired of big heaps of steamed veggies; now they are fun again! Whee!

Food has been pretty on-plan, I'm in one of those fortunate phases where I just sort of get on with things, follow my meal plans and don't sit around being sad about the foods I want but can't have. Long may it last! (but it probably won't ;) )

The spiral thing sounds fun:) Also great that you're mixing up the calorie intake. I look forward to hearing how the calorie mixing up and chromium work out:) I think you're doing great Plum!

This week's weigh-in result: -0.8 lb

Happy with this (very happy) as I had a *very* naughty night out this week and was expecting a gain!

Re the calorie mixup - if you're a daily weigher you have to either have nerves of steel or a cool disinterest in the daily weight, as it goes up after the maintenance day and doesn't come down again until quite late in the week!

Hi- I also like the sound of the spiraller machine as I struggle to fill my plate with half of veg (other than salad) --where did you get it from ??was it very expensive?

I got the spiralizer from Amazon, if you do a search different ones come up at different price points - be sure to read the reviews as some are rubbish! :)

This week's result: +1 lb

I'm not surprised to be honest, whenever you start a new type of exercise your weight can stall or go up a little bit because your muscles retain fluid to protect themselves (short version).

The good news is that all my measurements have gone down slightly and according to my scale, body fat has gone down and lean body mass has gone up.

I'm not expecting a good result next week, as I'm off for the whole weekend to see friends. I'll make good low GI choices but won't be tracking my intake.

I'm so proud of you! That's great that you're doing so well with your exercises:) You've come a really long way with it:)

I remember when I first started getting into my exercise, my weight stalled for awhile. But I did lose inches and that was the best part:)

Really gobsmacked at this week's result: -1.2 lb

Not sure how this happened as I ate plenty on my weekend away!

I've done two kettlebell workouts this week and really enjoyed them. :)

Congratulations Plum! I believe your exercise is really paying off:) You've become so strong now!

Thanks Cali, I hope I'm on a roll now (shouldn't jinx it, lol) as really hoping to get into the healthy BMI range this month!

This week's result: -0.3 lb

I feel ok about this; I've had two meals out this week (I didn't pig out, but I ate what was available). I'm out again this Saturday, so who knows what next week will bring.

Still enjoying the kettlebell workouts and can see/feel that my muscles are more toned, so am not too worried about what the scale says today.

Out for a meal at Bella Italia tonight, really trying to keep on track at the moment and so have looked at their nutritional info online and chosen what I want. Looking forward to it!

Wow Plum!! You are doing so fantastically. Weight is all going in the right direction. Exercise is now part of your life too. You are a great role model for us. I hope you get another good loss this week!

Congratulations Plum you're doing great! You're really close to goal! You can do it!

This week's result: -0.6lb

Happy enough with this; I had a meal out and also a day where I just had to make the best of what was available. I'm feeling more toned from my kettlebell workouts and my body fat % has gone down a bit which I'm pleased about!

Hopefully a good week ahead, I don't currently have any plans that might jeopardise it!

I forgot to say, I've had a few non-scale victories lately too, either nice compliments or fitting into smaller clothes, which is always a boost. :)

Back