Plumfoodie's diary and ramblings

Still have my cold thing but got back to my kettlebell exercises today after a two week break. I'm sure part of the reason I lost so much last week was because I wasn't doing them or my stretches, so I'm just hoping for a STS rather than an exercise-related gain this Thursday!

-0.5 lb for me this week which I'm more than happy with in the circumstances! I've been pretty poorly and so not very active at all apart from a core exercise routine on Monday.

-0.3 lb this week, I'm pleased though because I've had two days in a row where my bodyfat % has been in the next number down, so things are going in the right direction. :)

Well done plum foodie. Especially for resisting the PMT cravings, they are hard to ignore.

Really pleased today, a 0.5lb loss (which is what my calorie goal is set for) and I met my initial August bank holiday goal early. :D I've set a new one to lose a further pound and get under 11 stone by then, fingers crossed anyway. :)

Lack of an official weigh-in this week. I was very depressed Thursday morning as I'd gained a load of water weight overnight. (Wednesday I had an exceptionally unplanned Indian takeaway at a friend's house and, although I didn't go mad with it and didn't drink, takeaways always make me puff up.) So I decided to skip this week and see what next week holds instead.

I'm going to have to do pretty well this week to meet my new bank holiday goal, so we'll see. It would be easier without tomorrow getting in the way, we're going to be at the mercy of some in-laws and will have no control over lunch (apart from how much gets eaten, of course). No plans other than that until the end of the week, though (when different inlaws arrive for the weekend, and we WILL be in charge of the food, hurrah), and I'm feeling determined!

Sometimes life gets in the way of our eating plans doesn't it. I don't do well on takeaways either. Not sure if its the MSG or the salt or something else, but I get a raging thirst and headaches. My kids react the same way too, but hubby's immune.

Lost a big fat 0.2lb this week, which is technically a two-weekly result. Before today it would have been a gain, though. I've been sticking to plan but have been very bloated.

Going to slip the days for my maintenance week to be Monday-Sunday I think, to have any chance of hitting my under-11-stone mini goal by Monday morning. This is less convenient as we have houseguests arriving tomorrow but I'll see how it goes.

Mini goal not achieved but I'm ok with it as had monthly bloating!

An exact STS this week, which I'm happy with as am doing a week at maintenance calories and didn't track at all on Monday (and ate, drank and was merry). :)

Somewhat gobsmacked by a loss of 1.7 lb this week! I've been eating at maintenance calories all week and only re-introduced kettlebell workouts on Monday after a week off them as well. I actually weighed myself three times and moved the scale around to make sure it wasn't dodgy batteries or a wonky bit of floor.

The only thing I can think is that one of the things I've been trying to help improve my M.E. has also caused some weight to drop off. I've started taking a supplement called resveratrol, which is supposed to activate the same so-called 'skinny gene' and other health benefits as intermittent fasting (which I cannot do because of my health), have been avoiding cow's milk (but not cheese/yoghurt), and have been avoiding wheat as much as possible without being terribly militant about it.

Since my main goal is now for my body fat % to go down (and hopefully my muscle mass to go up) rather than major weight loss, I'm going to experiment this week with staying at maintenance calories now that I've re-started the kettlebell workouts. I read that the only way to build new muscle is to not eat at a deficit (and indeed possibly eat a bit more than maintenance). I suspect I'll need to do a combination of the two to increase muscle and lose the fat remaining, but you never know, if I managed to build some more muscle then I guess it will help burn some of the fat. I guess I'm entering uncharted (for me, anyway) territory now and I'll just have to see how it goes!

Im just not losing weight :-(
Not a blooming ounce since I come back from my hols 4 weeks ago ... I feel awful about myself ..!!! I'm 10st 2 and was 9st 12 pre holiday ..!! I run or exercise 3-4 times a week ... Feel ugly ... And I don't know what to do x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Im just not losing weight :-(
Not a blooming ounce since I come back from my hols 4 weeks ago ... I feel awful about myself ..!!! I'm 10st 2 and was 9st 12 pre holiday ..!! I run or exercise 3-4 times a week ... Feel ugly ... And I don't know what to do x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Edited as there was never a reply from this lady.

Last edited:
Ops posted in wrong section.

Last edited:
Back