"Plump Polly".....golden oldie..........Newbie

Sounds lovely, my nephew goes to middle school in September to. This heat wow, I was at the hospital yesterday and one of the receptions had the heating on. Enjoy your day!

Sent from my iPhone
1st weigh in 24/6/13 -1lb (-57lb)
1/7/13 - 3lb (60lb)
8/7/13 - sts

Hope WI was ok Polly! Don't stress if you don't get the result you want, it happens to us all at some point. There were lots of small gains and STS at my group last week, and everyone was putting it down to water retention due to the weather. As you know by now, if you stick to the plan, it will show eventually xxx

OMILORD Lucy! the heating on? everyone must have felt like passing out!
It was a really memorable occasion, and I loved every minute.
Well WI was ok, pleased actually, I lost another 1.5 lbs, so it's slow but sure.
2 ladies at group had great losses this week 1 x 4.5lbs, and the other 5lbs. Just shows how different our b odies work, the first one had stuck to plan and made sure she'd had her syns etc, and the other was like me, picking at fruit through the day, didn't want any hot meals...didn't have all her syns and HEs...and lost 5lb! WHY DIDN'T I?
:8855:
Still on the right track for Christmas LBD ...a couple of weeks ago it wouldn't have surprised me if we had snow...this week it's like being on the Costa!! xx

Did both you ladies have a break and come back...between the 2 of you, you've lost a whole person!! lolol

Hi everyone, so pleased it's a bit cooler today. This heat is so tiring and oppressive. I've been doing small spurts of exercise with my sand balls and on my twist and shape, but I'm almost exhausted before I start!
Going partying tonight and having a Chinese, have worked everything out to the last syn...............have been saving those...and if I go over a little bit it won't hurt. Don't go out like this very often so am definitely not going to be picky about calories. Got 4 days to get over that if I do!Just got THE BIGGEST LOSER on in front of me...how some of these people don't have heart attacks, amazes me!
:eek:
have a good weekend everyone x

:help2:If anyone looks in, can I ask for a bit of help please? Am trying to find out about deleting some of the subscribed threads on my list. I have 2 full pages and some haven't been replied to for 3 or even 4 weeks, so would like to take them out. I looked at the tuts and on one there is a screen shot of THREAD TOOLS, but I can't see how to do it. Can you help please? thanks xx

Well done on your loss Polly, enjoy your Chinese!
On my phone at moment so not sure about unsubscribing on computer.

Sent from my iPhone
1/7/13 - 3lb (60lb)
8/7/13 - sts

Hi Lucy, it was lovely, but much too much, so half went in the fridge and I had it yesterday! Also bought home lots of spring onions and cucumber so extra salad stuff! I weighed //measured my Bacardi before I went, much to my friends amusement, I turned up with it in a screw topped beaker! lol...unfortunately that ran out by 11.00pm, so they gave me vodka instead! Good job I'd saved lots of syns...and STILL had 4 days to work the excess off...hopefully anyway.
Well done on your loss! I just couldn't be counting points or calories any more, I've tried it so many times, but sts is very disheartening if it lasts for more than 1 week.
have a nice day xx

:help2:If anyone looks in, can I ask for a bit of help please? Am trying to find out about deleting some of the subscribed threads on my list. I have 2 full pages and some haven't been replied to for 3 or even 4 weeks, so would like to take them out. I looked at the tuts and on one there is a screen shot of THREAD TOOLS, but I can't see how to do it. Can you help please? thanks xx

Hi Polly when you go into each thread, left click on THREAD TOOLS and a drop down box appears. Second item is "unsubscribe from this thread". If you click on there should unsubscribe you

:wavey:ooh! Thanks Christine, I never once noticed the thread tools on there. I had about 40 threads in all where I'd replied, and then the threads were just left (hope it's not me being a thread stopper!! lolol!) So many people join then just seem to disappear into the ether, but if they don't post then there's nothing to reply to is there?
How are you doing this week? x

Evening Polly - I'm home but with not a cat in hell's chance of catching up quickly!
Hope you are well chica and I'll try to catch up over the next few days.

Don't worry about it, you know everything you need to to make it work, and you've done SO fantastically well, no wonder people say you're their inspiration! Concentrate on you for awhile......and your Mum is probably a bit down because you've gone home, it's only natural xx

Don't worry about it, you know everything you need to to make it work, and you've done SO fantastically well, no wonder people say you're their inspiration! Concentrate on you for awhile......and your Mum is probably a bit down because you've gone home, it's only natural xx
Thanks chica - off to bed now. Speak tomorrow!

Well, I'm back up again as I woke at 05:30 (my time) and couldn't get back to sleep I was so hot.
SO I got up and it's nice and cool out here so I'm catching up on diaries!

If you want to delete multiple threads at once then click on SETTINGS at the top of the page.
Then select VIEW ALL SUBSCRIBED THREADS at the top of the next page.
You should find that all your threads come up with a little box at the right.
Click on the box for the ones you want to get rid of and a tick will appear.
Then scroll to the bottom and click on the down arrow on SELECTED THREADS
And the 2nd option will be DELETE SUBSCRIPTION.
Click on that and then press GO
And Voila - they have all been deleted at once!

Hope this helps.

I like the measuring your drink out before you went and next time you need a bigger beaker lol! I'm going to a BBQ on Friday and thinking of doing something similar!

Sent from my iPhone
1/7/13 - 3lb (60lb)
8/7/13 - sts

Oh Bev,I sat here for about an hour, taking them out one at a time! lol!! I shall remember this in future lol! :thankyou:You've been missed y'know...and I think Kally has gone into hibernation...or whatever they call it when the weather is too hot!
Hi Lucy....there wasn't even 2 inches in the bottom of my beaker.......it looked such a silly little amount, no wonder it went before time! lol
How's WW going, still well I hope?
WI tomorrow, and I have everything crossed! x

Hi Polly lost 1.5 lbs at WI today. Lost total of 6.5lbs to date; really pleased with that although compared to a lot of people doesn't sound a lot. I really find it hard to lose weight now. I like to think it's an age thing but then some people seem to disagree with that. Oh well any loss is an achievement in my book. At the moment I'm having up to 20 syns a day as I'm having an ice cream each afternoon and we always have drink and nibble around 6.00pm while we're in France (something we don't do in UK!!!) so pleased that I've still had a loss. Good luck with your WI x

Hi Polly I'm having a bad week food wise, I'm blaming it on being very tired and TOTM. I'm out tonight to red hot buffet, tomorrow a BBQ and sat cinema and Italian for my fella's birthday and our anniversary for when we meet.
My fella had a good idea, he said as we are not having a holiday count this as my holiday week!

Sent from my iPhone

I don't blame you Lucy, just enjoy it. You can't just become a hermit...been there done that, now I'm trying to lose mine for me. We've all still got to live haven't we? I would just go a week off plan.......I've done with whittling about it. I don't understand the people that pay every week though, and then write on FB that they've cheated almost every day, what a waste of money. You've done incredibly well, I just hope my willpower lasts as long as yours has! Enjoy all your special days, have fun and eat what you want, and Happy Anniversary!!. x
Hi Christine! 1.5 lbs is good, and I think the older you are the harder it is to lose, I'm 66...almost 67 (September) and I don't have the energy (or the knees and back) to go to the gym umpteen times a week. I have a sedentary hobby (card making) that does nothing for my nether regions, so that doesn't help! I incorporate a little exercise...and try to do a bit extra each day. I'm still the opposite with syns, very rarely have anywhere near what I should have. My close friend who does it from home, is always trawling the net to see what goodies (sweets, popcorn etc) have the least syns. I'm quite the opposite, I don't have any. That's not that I don't like them, I love choc, biscuits cream cakes, custard and puddings!.......everything I like is either improper, illegal or fattening!! (that's a quote BTW!......LOLOL!) I just avoid them all, or I would NEVER be able to stick to it.......oh...and I WOULD really like a Cornish icecream!:ashamed0005:

Evening chica - how did WI go? Was it today or Friday?
Weather still scorchio here - but mum says it's cooled down a bit in Manchester. How is it where you are?

Losing weight is definitely harder the older you get. I find that it's more difficult now that it was 7 years ago when I fisrt started. Even to lose a pound!
Your metabolism changes after the menopause and "middle age spread" is fact not fiction.
We acquire more body fat and change shape. It's a reet boooger!
Hey ho - the things we have to put up with being a woman.

Back