"Plump Polly".....golden oldie..........Newbie

Hi Bev, lost 2.5lbs so if I do that next week I'll reach my club 10. Already got the middle aged spread, and way past the menopause...just have to fight that flab!
Men get it So easy, they can even lose more weight and faster!!:rolleyes:
It's quite nice here this evening, well it's morning now. Nice cool breeze outside and thankfully not so muggy. Hope everything is better with you today, how's the new laptop? xx

New lappy ok but keyboard still driving me nuts and I still haven't found a few things.
Although it's on Win7 that I'm used to it is a newer version and things are slightly different. Grrrrrrr

When I first started dieting way back in 2006, Mr P was obviously eating the same as me.
Well he lost 4 kg (almost 9 lb) just by esting what I was.
When I restarted in Jan 2011 he lost another 3 kgs (almost 7 lbs) so ended up back at the weight he was when I first started going out with him at aged 19 - 40 years ago.

Like you I hate men that can lose it so easily. Mind you he's struggling at the moment.
He lost another 3 kgs when he was in hospital so was positively thin. But he gave up smoking and put on over 11 kgs.
The first 5 or 6 were fine but now he has a stomach! And he can't shift it at all at the mo.
He'll get there when his metabolism sorts it self out plus I back on plan 100% to try and lose my gain so he may well lose some too.

Morning! well he's been poorly too hasn't he, so that all takes effect. Summer is a good season to diet in with lots of salads and I think when it's really hot we don't want to eat anywhere near as much as winter...at least I don't. Mens metabolism (I've been told) works differently too, I don't think mine works at all!:sigh:
I have a different sort of keyboard on my laptop than my desktop, and spend more time correcting spelling than i do typing. I'm on the laptop at the moment, and the keys are VERY flat, I continually catch more than one, especially as I have arthritis in my right hand with wobbly fingers! Sometimes my mails look as if I'm drunk! lolol!

Well done on weight loss Polly.

Agree with you and Pommette about men and weight loss; my OH can lose weight so easily and he's older than me!!!!! Some things really suck

:rotflmao::rotflmao:...sorry Christine, that really made me laugh. My hubby was 9 stones 7lbs, give or take 1lb, the whole of his life. Didn't matter what he ate...and he loved choc-- bics and cake. if I was this weight when he was alive we'd have looked like those 2 on the old postcards!!:ashamed0005:

Haha Polly, I can picture it now. When he was working, my hubby was the only person I knew who could go on holiday and lose weight - sickening. He said it was because he worked shifts and holidays gave him a chance to regulate his eating pattern!!!!! Mind you men don't have it all their own way - I have to laugh and tell him that I didn't know what I was signing up for when we got married; nobody told me what the long term would bring - imagine you retire to bed and hubby has to take out 2 hearing aids, plate with 1 false tooth, sometimes a knee support and/or a back support will come off and then depending on pain or aches a tens machine or heat pad will go on to back or shoulder - starting to wonder what might give up next :giggle:

lolol! it doesn't matter really does it, as long as he's by your side! xx

Very true Polly and I am truly grateful; we both just laugh about it because I think inside we still feel that we're in our 20's; it's just the outside that tells a different story and it gives us a giggle each night

Very true Polly and I am truly grateful; we both just laugh about it because I think inside we still feel that we're in our 20's; it's just the outside that tells a different story and it gives us a giggle each night

Very true Christine - I still think I'm 21 althought the wrinkles and the saggy bits be-lie that!

That's the trouble, age always shows you up somewhere....at least my face doesn't need ironing yet!!:rotflmao:

Hope you've had a nice weekend! I'm back in control after having my week off! x

Sent from my iPhone

Lovely new photo on your Avatar Lucy. Good luck !
Haven't been around much today, have got my Grandies here, and now tonight have had a death in the family, so this is just a sort of chill out quickie to take my mind off things. just had a little read, but am off to bed now x

Lovely new photo on your Avatar Lucy. Good luck !
Haven't been around much today, have got my Grandies here, and now tonight have had a death in the family, so this is just a sort of chill out quickie to take my mind off things. just had a little read, but am off to bed now x

Thank you Polly. How old are the grandies? Sorry to hear the last news. X

Sent from my iPhone

That's the trouble, age always shows you up somewhere....at least my face doesn't need ironing yet!!:rotflmao:

Lol....

Afternoon Polly

Sorry for my lack of posting for a few days
I've been avoiding the forum due to falling off
a very high wagon lol
But I'm back .... ;) hope all is well with you

Hi ladies, and welcome Lyndsay...nice to have someone on the same weight journey as me.
Had a couple of rough days, but also had my Grandies here so they want to play games so PC time has been limited. They're 9 (girl ) and almost 11 (boy) My daughter and SIL have just treated me to a touch screen phone, and I'm useless,...the children have been "advising me!!"...have got as far as putting a ringtone on, and my SIL has transferred all my contacts, but haven't given the number out yet cos I don't know how to use the phone!:ashamed0005:(marvelous isn't it when the young kids know more than you!!) lolol!
We had a death in the family yesterday, my last remaining older relative which was a huge shock, now I'm the eldest and my GD thought I was going to "pop off" too, so spent the evening trying to reassure her.
On top of that some mindless idiot has walked past, and kicked my rear lights in on my car ON the drive, in broad daylight! just found out I can't buy the cover that's smashed, have to buy the whole "cluster" including the lights...so NOT a happy bunny at all.
Now I've committed the worst sin, and taken the family out for a carvery to cheer me up..............I avoided the buttery mash, but had Yorkshire pud, and stuffing!
Got to rectify that by Thursday WI.
Nice to see you Kally...just read Bev has been chomping on ice cream.....can't say as I blame her.
How's it going Lucy, hope you've started losing again?
Sorry, not a very happy post, will be better tomorrow, take care all x

Hi ladies, and welcome Lyndsay...nice to have someone on the same weight journey as me.

Polly - I started at 16.5 stone and was heading for 11 st - so not much difference.
But stopped at 11.5 stone as I recokon the extra 0.5 stone would have definitely made my face "needing ironing" :D
In fact even at 11.5 stone I'm a bit wrinkly on the neck. :cry:

My grandson has at last stopped "patting" my wobbly neck, It's the only place as well as my face that I can see has disappeared....when I first joined Minis 6 weeks ago he thought it was really funny, but now there's hardly a wobble! lol! By July next year I'm hoping to be 11.stones too....groan...had a carvery today! will be on the bike tomorrow...if it doesn't hurt my bum too much! x:D

Well I stuck to my word and went on the bike..don't suppose I've burned the carvery off, but at least I showed willing! ...ladies bums are NOT meant for racing type saddles, talk about splitting the difference! Will have to try and find a way to pad it!
. I meant Bev that we were both about the same weight now.. Lyndsay I mean....you're waaay in front of me ( can't see any signs of a turkey neck on you! ) lol x

Get a gel seat cover Polly to protect your bottom, try amazon! My weight is decreasing after my holiday week, I'm hoping for a sts on Monday anything else will be a bonus. It's lovely when your body changes and saggy bits disappear lol! Very humid here today and had a horrible headache for 24hrs now! Have a nice day!x

Sent from my iPhone

Back