Plums.......

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by Happy Holidays, 21 August 2010 Social URL.

1. Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays Gold Member

Start Weight:
    9st11lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(11.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    My sister has given me a huge bag of plums. I'm going to make plum & rhubarb crumble (x 2, 1 SW friendly & 1 not). Freeze some but what do I do with the rest?????????????

I've no jars so can't make jam or chutney, but if somebody knows where I can buy some cheap jars I just might!!!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Tatws

Tatws Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st6lb
    Current Weight:
    17st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(3.88%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    We used to buy jam making stuff from Boots but that was years and year ago. Now if we make it we use the jars out of the recycling.

4. Happy Holidays

Start Weight:
    9st11lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(11.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I've not made jam for years & used to keep jars for this, but all jars now go in the recycle bin:cool: Hence why I've no jars!!!! But would love to make jam again, I've still got my thermometer:D

5. CornishPisky

CornishPisky Full Member

Plum sorbet? Plum smoothie? Plum wine? (if it was me I'd go for the wine - lol!)

6. mumtheshopper

mumtheshopper Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.15%)
    Diet:
    WW
    I'm so jealous!! I usually have loads of plums, but the frost killed the blossom this year, and I don't even ahve one!

7. Happy Holidays

Start Weight:
    9st11lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(11.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I've picked up some frozen rhubarb, so it's plum & rhubarb crumble & wine. I've decided I'll have enough wine bottles by the time the wine has fermented. I'm quiet excited as I've never made plum wine before :D:D:D

8. avisk

avisk xx

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Last year I made damson gin. Get a large jar and a load of damsons (very precise recipe, this one!!!). Cut a slit in the side of each of the damsons and put into the jar. Pour over a bottle of gin. (Put the empty gin bottle in a safe place, you will need it later.) Add some sugar. Put it in a dark cool place and shake it or stir it when you remember. Taste it after a couple of weeks and add more sugar if you think it needs it.

At Christmas, strain off the damsons and return the damson gin to the original gin bottle (you did remember where you put it, didn't you?).

You can drink it neat (excellent for sore throats) or mix with whatever you like. Our family's rather odd drink is to put a measure of damson gin in a tall glass and top up with chilled Asti Spumante. Yes, I know, it's odd, but really good.

Oh - and in case anyone is wondering, this is not a SW recipe! And if you want to work out how many syns there are in it, feel free - just don't tell me!

9. Happy Holidays

Start Weight:
    9st11lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(11.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Ohhhh I forgot about that; years ago I made sloe gin, I've still got lots of plums left so think I'll give that a go, thank you:D:D:D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.