PogMoma's Diary

I have a confession to make - I was not good this weekend just gone.

We had my OH's nephew's 1st birthday party to go to on Sunday and I knew about it since a couple of months ago. I ran it through my head over and over again planning to have meat and salad and no naughties. On the day I even packed Pepsi Max, extra bottle of water, beef jerky just in case I couldn't have any food. So far so good.

HOWEVER...

Once we got there I HAD to have pizza, I HAD to have a burger with bun, I HAD to have potato salad, I HAD to have 5-6 Pringles, I HAD to have salad with dressing and croutons and I HAD to have homemade birthday cake didn't I? :mad:

Well I didn't HAVE to but I did! Why???

This triggered off a whole array of cravings and when we got home in the evening I had popcorn, cheese toastie, a big glass of milk and some chocolate. WHY???

This was my first proper cheat day since I started Dukan and it was quite scary. I'd like to say lesson learnt but really? I can't trust myself lol

Anyway so in the evening yesterday I vowed to get back on track straight away today and cooked up some Dukan friendly food to bring into work today. So far I've had yogurt and green tea. Lunch will be chicken, Heck sausages and salad.

I had done so well for Friday's weigh in but this morning I've gone up to 70.9kg :(

I'm hoping it's more water rentention and will go down by Wednesday but what a waste. What a set back. What a numpty!

Ok ok, rant and telling off over. I'm back in the zone :)

Next planned dinner out is with a group of girlfriends next Friday and I shall make better choices!

Water weight fer sure! 1.5 kg is just your body's glycogen stores filling up - I gained about 2kgs after 4 days off plan (and all of it went away after 1 PP day!).

Dont hold me to this - but your blow out may end up in a bigger loss this week... Let's see on Wed.

Its a good thing you've got your Dukan food today - that's the key - keep a couple of yogurts handy for when you feel peckish! Don't be without food today at all (dangerous times :)).

I was really bad this weekend too, but like bonkers says, sometimes a blow out gets things revved up again. Don't beat yourself up about it, we all do it and life is for living. You've got straight back at it, that's the most important thing :)

That's true, sometimes your body needs some unpredictable input :D

Not holding my breath but maybe... just maybe I might have a good loss this week.

I was tempted to do PP today but I decided to stick to my original PP/PV schedule. Dukan coaching tells you not to abuse mini Attacks and loads of PP days together anyway. Will see how it goes.

Dangerous times indeed Bonkers lol ;)

Oh pog I so understand about the blow out - I find it even more tempting to have one when I have had a good result on the scales sometimes. The main thing is that you're right back on track, that's the best thing to do is just move on so well done for that :)

Here's those peanut butter sachets Ocado: Whole Earth Peanut Butter Packs 7 x 32g(Product Information)

Bit pricey but stops me eating my weeks calories in PB at once so worth it in my opinion lol X

That's exactly it. If you get good results, it's more tempting to reach for those forbidden things!

I'm going to have to think about getting those peanut butter sachets. Although technically I shouldn't have any at all. For emergencies :D

Foodwise - I've done well today. I've finished off the last of the chicken I cooked last week, hold on I think I have one more left... just checked in the fridge, yes I do have one more left (groan) and tomorrow is PP day so I'll have that plus Heck sausages for lunch and some cottage cheese? I didn't have time to do my weekly shop yesterday so went today. Fridge is stocked up with protein - liver, prawns, mussels, roast beef slices, cottage cheese etc. That should keep me busy for this week. I need to start emptying my freezer too. I think I have a few steaks in there lol

Pog baby was getting a bit smelly since I changed her litter tray from cat litter to kitchen towels, she really didn't like that and refused to use her litter tray so we decided to back to cat litter. When we were at the checkout today, the cashier was a very friendly lady. She saw the cat litter bag and started talking about how cats are cute etc. I smiled politely and agreed with her until she asked if my cat was black or white. I said "It's actually for a hedgehog". The look on her face! I left her so confused I felt quite bad. I should have just said it's a tabby cat or something! Oops!

Haha that's so funny about pog baby and the lady at the checkout! PP day sounds good, I love cottage cheese you've just reminded me, will have to get some :)

Hehe I know! Still makes me giggle :D

This morning scales showed 70.8, just 0.1 down from yesterday. A bit disappointed but hey ho. Today is PP so I'll see what the scales say tomorrow.

Have a lovely day all x

Just a quick one before I go to bed.

Yesterday I bought some rhubarb for the first time in my life and stewed them. However I put too much water in but didn't want to throw it away, seemed like a waste. I poured the water into a pint size glass and let it cool, wondering what to do with it. Then it suddenly hit me - jelly!

So I put some sweetener and some gelatine in it, no idea how much cos I was guessing, whizzed it all together and poured the liquid into a silicon muffin tray. I didn't know where else to set the jelly!

It stayed in the fridge overnight and all day. I tried to turn them out this evening but they broke a little bit. It was firmer than Hartley's jelly and not quite gummy bear texture. Somewhere in between but oh boy were they good! Even my picky OH kept going back for some more!

If I do attempt it next time I think I'll have to put more gelatine in so it turns into gummy bear type jelly. Yum!

Mmm rhubarb jelly sounds lush! Will have to try that, great idea :) I used to stew it in elderflower juice which is really nice but not done in for ages! Hope you have a good day X

Hehe I know! Still makes me giggle :D

This morning scales showed 70.8, just 0.1 down from yesterday. A bit disappointed but hey ho. Today is PP so I'll see what the scales say tomorrow.

Have a lovely day all x

The vegetables did that!

Just a quick one before I go to bed.

Yesterday I bought some rhubarb for the first time in my life and stewed them. However I put too much water in but didn't want to throw it away, seemed like a waste. I poured the water into a pint size glass and let it cool, wondering what to do with it. Then it suddenly hit me - jelly!

So I put some sweetener and some gelatine in it, no idea how much cos I was guessing, whizzed it all together and poured the liquid into a silicon muffin tray. I didn't know where else to set the jelly!

It stayed in the fridge overnight and all day. I tried to turn them out this evening but they broke a little bit. It was firmer than Hartley's jelly and not quite gummy bear texture. Somewhere in between but oh boy were they good! Even my picky OH kept going back for some more!

If I do attempt it next time I think I'll have to put more gelatine in so it turns into gummy bear type jelly. Yum!

Rhubarb jelly? Maybe will try that this weekend.

You still using the stairs at work?

Mmm rhubarb jelly sounds lush! Will have to try that, great idea :) I used to stew it in elderflower juice which is really nice but not done in for ages! Hope you have a good day X

Oohh that sounds nice. Not allowed on Dukan but might try in the future :) Try the jelly and let me know how it goes x

The vegetables did that!

Rhubarb jelly? Maybe will try that this weekend.

You still using the stairs at work?

I KNOW! Evil veggies lol

I'm tempted to do PP tomorrow. Maybe I have only a little bit of veg.

Yes do try the jelly and let me know. It's only my first attempt and I'm sure you'll find ways to make it better than mine!

Yep the stairs are still going strong. :) I had to pop back home from work during the day to let the boiler man in so he could fix the no hot water situation we had last night. Seeing it was a nice day with no rush hour crowd, I decided to skate (inline skates) back into work. Oh dear I knew I was out of shape but oh dear! That used to be so easy! And where on earth did I find the energy to do 10miles in 2 hours before?? I got to work and realised I had to CARRY the skates up the stairs too! All 5kgs of it! Damn, I really didn't think it through lol By the time I got to my desk I was streaming with sweat and my whole face was bright red lol The skates have stayed at work tonight :D Oopsie!

Just cooked some pork liver with onion and beef stock and ate some. Oh yum! Been a while since I had liver, it's so good! OH won't go near it tho lol That's my lunch sorted for tomorrow. Nice with some sauerkraut and a gherkin :)

OMG - fair play to you skating about the place! That must be some fair exercise! How did you get into doing it? I've always fancied skating but don't think I would have the balance or co-ordination lol.

Mmm liver, I love it - so good for you as well. My OH doesn't like it either, more for us :)

X

I started skating in 2000. Just felt like it one day so found a skating club online and joined. I've always had at least two pairs of skates - one aggressive (for half pipes, grinding and the sort) and another for normal skating (around the park, street skating etc). That and sailing were my favourite sports. But then I had a really bad ankle injury (not skating related) in 2008 and for about a year I couldn't wear anything but trainers. I still can't wear high heels but basically when the injury happened, that's when all sports and exercise stopped too. Then came the weight gain! It's a really good workout and fun too. You should def give it a go!

If you think you won't be good at it but want to try, I can introduce you to a skating instructor. It will be less daunting that way and you'll learn properly from the beginning. Most teach in Hyde Park but some in Battersea Park. I know a few of them personally. So when you move to London and you get settled in a bit, give me a shout if you're still interested :) There are quite a few organised street skates too. Main ones being Friday evening, Sunday afternoon and during the summer Wednesday evenings too. When the weather is nice, the Sunday one attracts around 200 people. It's all free, you just turn up in your skates and go! You get to meet lots of interesting people too and they hold Santa Skates, Easter Bunny Skates and Halloween Skates :) But first, you need to be able to go at a reasonable pace and stop by yourself :D

Thanks Pog, will defo have a think about it once I'm settled - walked through hyde park at the weekend and I'd say it would be great for a bit of skating! hope you have a good day today :)

Is it my imagination or did I just go down a notch in my belt?? This morning scales still showed 70.4kg which is still 0.8kg higher than last Friday's WI. Confused!

Getting smaller even though the scales aren't going down! It definitely does happen, don't question it - just accept the notch on the belt and a massive well done for that! :D

Back