PogMoma's Diary

Monday morning on the way to work my already weak left ankle went over and I found myself one minute walking and the next minute on the ground. I heard a crack, saw stars and felt nauseous. I managed to hobble to the bus stop, caught my breath and got the bus to work (I usually walk). Found my right knee had skin scraped off (said skin still on the inside of my trousers ew) and ankle swelling up by the minute.

At lunch time I went to see the acupuncturist near work (not the crazy Chinese doctor lady who wanted to make me slim and beautiful lol) and she said I'll have to come back tomorrow for treatment when the swelling has gone down a bit cos she uses heat with acupuncture.

Ice pack and elevated ankle for the rest of the evening and it's turned blue :(

I'm so annoyed. I usually get this when I'm tired and worn out. Last time was 4 years ago and it was so bad I had to have 6 weeks of physiotherapy and haven't been able to wear heels since.

Most upsetting of all - when I got home and got changed I noticed my Fitbit was missing. It must have popped out when I fell. I'm so gutted, it goes everywhere with me. I feel lost without it :( I've emailed the Fitbit people to find out if mine is still under warranty so fingers crossed.

Today has been a really shitty day, feeling really sorry for myself :(

Thanks Val :)

On the bright side, guess what I found under my desk when I got into work this morning? My Fitbit!!! It must have fallen out when I fell over but since I wear it on my bra, maybe it just about managed to stay inside my clothes until I got into work.

The Fitbit people were really quick in responding and it sounded like they were going to send me a replacement free of charge but I told them I found mine :D

I'm still hobbling like an old lady and my scraped knee still stings but at least I've found my Fitbit!

In the past few weeks I met a few friends that I haven't seen in a while. First thing they all commented on was how much weight I've lost. 1 stone makes a big difference?!

Oh no Pog. How is the ankle doing now?

Yay on the comments from the friends and good job maintaining!

xx

Hi to whoever is still reading lol

The ankle is a lot better now although not 100% yet. Still a bit swollen and tender when touched. Annoying but at least I can kinda walk without limping now.

Still maintaining around the same weight. I have an exam next Friday so concentrating on that at the moment. I'm having a juice nearly everyday still. A new juice bar opened near work which is closer than the other ones I sometimes go to so it's good when I don't have time to make my own.

Also I've bought a slow cooker in hopes I can cut down on cooking time. Looking forward to making some quick and yummy meals :) Can anyone recommend any good slow cooker recipe books? A lot of recipes I found require pre-cooking which defeats the point me thinks.

PogBaby says hi as well :)
IMG-20141112-WA0002_1[1].jpg

Last edited:
I'm still reading PogMomma. Awww PogBaby is so adorable. Great your ankle is on the mend and your maintaining and juicing too!

I love my slow cooker. I don't pre cook, but sometimes I brown the meat in a frying pan quickly just for color but that's usually optional in most recipes.

I make this recipe a lot- I love mexican type food.

Crock Pot Santa Fe Chicken | Skinnytaste

All her recipes are WW based and low cal more than anything else, but I use the site a lot.

Here is the slow cooker/crock pot section:

Crock Pot Recipes | Skinnytaste

I also use allrecipes.com a lot. You'll probably have to sign up but it's free. There is a UK allrecipes as well but I mostly use the US site.

Slow Cooker Recipes - Allrecipes.com

Good luck with your exam. x

Thanks Val. Must try your recipes. I've downloaded one book on my Kindle and ordered another one from Amazon. Both said the recipes don't require Pre cooking :D x

Hi Pog, sorry I have been mising but I'm back now :) sounds like the weight loss is going really well. Sorry to ear you hurt your ankle but glad its on the mend. Glad you found your fitbit, I've just started wearing mine again today feels good to have back on.

X

Hey you're back! I was wondering how you were doing. Gonna go read your diary now :) x

Back