PogMoma's Diary

Oh no defo don't go to borough market that place is like a haven for me, not when dieting though!

I agree it's worth spending a bit if it means one less stress. When is your exam ?

X

Hehe I love Borough Market. It's a nice long walking distance from home so I used to go every now and then.

Exam is June 6th. In a massive panic cos there's so much to do still and I feel like I'm forgetting things I've already done when I start doing other areas of the syllabus. I have four exams left and I stress myself out so much I've decided to take one at a time. Exams are every 6 months so if I pass all four without failing, I'll take my last exam next December and that will be it. If I fail, add on another 6 months as they don't have resits in between.

Oh Pog you sound stressed :( First of all stop worrying about failing, I'm sure you won't anyway but if it happens it happens and you will just have to take it again!

You probably do know more than you think it's just so hard isn't it when faced with masses of information and you're trying to cram it into your head!

You still have plenty of time before the 6th to do some studying, even though it must be really tough with working as well to find the time! How do you revise? I swear by coloured mind maps but I know they're not for everyone. Just think get this one out the way and you can at least relax a bit over summer :)

Hope you have a good day!

X

We all think we do worse than we actually do, Pog, so don't worry, we all know you'll do brilliantly on 6 June!

LOL on Borough Market - last time I was there i got taken to Roast, the restaurant above it, and treated to a full English - miniscule servings though :(

Thanks guys.

This exam isn't built for mind maps unfortunately. It's Financial Management so lots of workings, foreign exchange, making business decisions based on finance and all that nonsense. I've failed this one twice already and this is my third attempt. I used to do two papers at a time and the other ones I did together with this I passed first attempt. There are certain papers that I really struggle with and this is one of them. If I pass and do the next one, I'll have a hard time with that as well cos I struggled with the lower levels of that paper too! Then the other two shouldn't be as bad - tax and audit. I keep thinking I'm not cut out for this lol

Oh well, whatever happens I can forget about it until results in August. I'll live in oblivious bliss :D

Oooh my friend went to Roast, she said it was good. It's on my list of places to go. If the portion sizes are small, better for the diet lol x

I'm thinking of doing Chris' easy cycle for a while to make life easier. It's 3x low carb days, 4 high carb days and on the high carb days I can have one treat meal for breakfast or lunch and smaller portions all around. Minimum 1200cals per day. No treat 'Day' tho. Weight loss will be even slower but it's ok. As long as I go in the right direction. I've probably gone up a bit this week anyway cos of TOTM.

Food

B: buckwheat muesli, soy milk
L: cottage pie
D: beef burgers, kimchi
S: cheese string, soy milk and maybe yogurt if I'm feeling peckish

No gym tonight but I have my second acupuncture and massage appointment. Looking forward to it :) x

Oh and also this is non-diet related. I happen to "manage" this flat I used to live in. It's just around the corner from where I live now. When I got my current place and told the landlord I was moving out, he asked me to look after it because he travels abroad a lot. Gym buddy lives in that flat.

He's been living there for quite a while now but the smaller bedroom is usually occupied by Koreans who only stay in the country for one year. Usually they're quiet, polite and keep themselves to themselves so it's perfect for gym buddy.

Well this morning I got a text from the girl who lives in the small bedroom asking what time I finish, could I please pop by her work to have a chat. I said ok and emailed gym buddy if something was up. He said nothing much is happening but girl is rather odd. Then a few minutes later the girl texted me to ask if I share everything with gym buddy ie did I tell him I was going to see her after work today. She didn't sound happy and was quite blunt via text. I told her I only asked him if everything was ok cos she wanted to see me.

Anyway gym buddy thinks she's going through a rough time after having her heart broken by this Italian guy and has been bringing random guys home. The last straw was when she was staying over somewhere else but sent this random guy over to the flat to stay in her room. Gym buddy had to let him in so he's not happy and neither is his gf.

He brought it up with the girl last night and it all kicked off but he won't tell me any more than that. Says he'll stay out of it.

So I have this chat with the girl to look forward to today. Intrigued...

'Chat' sounds very interesting Pog!

3rd time lucky with your exam, it sounds tough but I'm sure you'll do it :) I'll join you in the oblivious bliss until results!

Soooooo it turns out she's scared to live in the flat now. Either she moves out or I put a lock on her door. She's flying back to Korea on the 3rd of July so says she doesn't really want to move out, it's not worth the hassle.

Apparently gym buddy has been going into her room without warning, like when she's in bed he'd walk in, turn the lights on and sit on her bed to have a chat. Apparently he's made some advances on her when drunk saying it's hard being in a relationship where they only meet at weekends and argue all the time about it and she feels super awkward. This only started last Thursday according to her.

Until then I know that they hardly ever saw each other, maybe once every two months. I mean, I'd bump into her on the street around home or work more often than that. Now everything is weird at home.

I need to hear gym buddy's side of the story. There's something fishy going on here.

I agreed she can put a lock on her door. I told her if she really feels uncomfortable she can stay at my place but she said she's going to stay with a friend tonight.

Super confused!

Oh dear - sorry to hear about landlord issues and hope you get sorted soon!

Ahhh Katie, technically I'm the acting landlady. When stuff breaks, I go fix. My gym buddy lives in the flat with another girl and cos their relationship seems broken, I need to fix it somehow.

Gym buddy has been perstering me for gym sessions so I think he might be wanting to tell me his side of the story.

I agreed to go tonight so I'll report back!

Wow Pog!

Your life is so exciting. I can't wait to find out what happens next.

How is revision going? And the food? Did you get something sorted?

Oh Bonkers you have no idea.

Tonight's gym session got cancelled cos gym buddy had to stay late at work. Oh well, till next time...

It's funny you ask about revision and food. I wasn't going to post cos it's kinda long.

So it's supposed to be a four day revision course starting today. It was supposed to start at 9.30am but come 9.50am, no tutor which was really unusual cos he came in around 9.15am to check the projector and the equipment were working properly. Then college staff came into the classroom saying the tutor is feeling unwell so they're trying to figure out what to do. A few people started getting really angry and started firing questions at the poor guy. Turns out, this tutor had been ill during the main tuition and those had to be cancelled and rescheduled quite a bit too. They were angry that the college hadn't planned for something like this. The poor tutor tried to continue but he had to dash out of the classroom mid sentence every 10-15mins.

Anyway long story short, everyone got sent home and they promised to contact everyone with details of what they planned to do. So I had taken personal holidays just to attend this course and it was around 11.30 and I didn't know what to do, shall I go into work? Shall I go home and study? But I need the revision course first. I ended up calling my boss and she said I can come in, make up the hours I missed today later and take a whole day off some time else.

College emailed around 5pm with 3 options, they found a tutor who could cover the poorly one and the best option for me is tomorrow London Bridge branch, Sat & Sun Hammersmith branch and the fourth day will be on the Bank Holiday on the 26th at London Bridge. And then an extra fifth day the next day at London Bridge where people can come in for Q&A. That's probably when I'll take my day off from today.

So enough of the boring college stuff, I was in such a kerfuffle that I didn't have time to think about what to have for lunch and I had to go home to change before going into work. I grabbed the first thing that popped into my head on the way in - sushi. Not ideal since I planned today to be a low carb day but then again I've kind of decided to do the Easy Cycle so I'll go with high carb day today with treat meal for lunch - my sushi and sneaky chocolate.

Food

B: Atkins bar
L: sushi
D: beef burgers, kimchi
S: choc caramel after lunch, came into work to find a gigantic chocolate box on my desk

Good news tho, I did 16,576 FitBit steps today :)

I'm going to struggle with lunch Sat and Sun, I don't know Hammersmith that well but I do know I don't have access to a microwave. I think I'll just have to try and be good and not go too mad with food.

Oh Pog that sounds like a lot of messing! Fair enough if they guy is sick but like you say they should have really planned for this sort of thing surely! Sounds like you managed okay given the circumstances!

Hope you have a good day today anyway :)

Yea yesterday was a disaster but I'm over it. I'm sat in the classroom right now, a bit early but still, there's only four of us sitting here. Yesterday there were more. Ah two more people just walked in.

By the sounds of it, a lot of people just went back to work especially since they were too peed off to go home to study lol

It's so hot this morning. My leisurely 40min walk to college has got me sweating!

Don't know what food is going to be like but will stay away from McDonalds!

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1400228146.239652.jpg

OH took PogBaby into the kitchen and left her on the counter to sort out the dishwasher. He turned around for 2 seconds and this happened. Silly baby! x

She's so cute!

I wondered why I never saw updates from you and then I realized somehow I missed subscribing to your thread. Duh! So I've been catching up on it tonight. I'm quite interested to find out what your gym buddy's version of events is regarding his roommate because her side sounds awfully creepy! I don't know if I would have the patience to deal with tenant drama, but yours sounds like a soap opera! :D Keep us posted!

I showed my kids pogbaby and they desperately want a hedgehog, they're are fascinated by yours! Soooo cute!

Back