PogMoma's Diary

Food looks good Pog :) Hope you enjoy your acupuncture and massage, sounds like just what you need after all the studying!

X

Pink & Whites are marshmallow filled wafers. Oooh that sounds so naughty :D But they're actually quite light, low in cals and fat but probably high in carbs.

I had a new person for the massage part last night. Until now it was the doctor who did the acupuncture and the massage but this time it was a girl who did the massage bit and oh boy was she good. She made my spine crack in so many places. She started with her hands but then realised it wasn't enough pressure to do it properly and ended up using her knees on my back to work on the knots.

Food (HC)

B: fruit, cheese strings
L: Pilpel falafel calls!
D: Pizza, coke and ice cream
S: grapes

OH has gone to count the votes for the election today and in the evening we're supposed to help the girl in the flat move most of her stuff to her friend's place. Then she's going away on holiday this Sunday which will be her official moving out day. I haven't seen gym buddy in a few weeks now and not sure if he'll be around tonight. Yesterday he asked me what the situation with the flat was. I said girl is moving her stuff tonight and moving out on Sunday. Then he asked who was replacing her. I said my OH. He replied with 'He is not welcome in this flat'. Oh well, tough titties!

Last edited:
They don't bump into each other that much anyway. It's not like we all hang out together. Gym buddy was my flatmate before I moved out of that flat and now we only go to the gym together. I think he just doesn't like having a 'spy' living with him. God knows what he gets up to!

Ooo massage sounds amazing!

Gym buddy sounds like a spoiled child! Who does he think he is lol. Hope you get everything sorted pog :)

X

Yep the massage was so good I booked her in for next week too :D

We moved all of the girl's stuff to her temporary place last night with great efficiency. Gym buddy was nowhere to be found which is unsurprising. She's just dropped the keys off today so I suppose that's the end of that. OH is looking forward to giving the flat a proper deep clean :D

OH has gone to count the votes for the election today and in the evening we're supposed to help the girl in the flat move most of her stuff to her friend's place. Then she's going away on holiday this Sunday which will be her official moving out day. I haven't seen gym buddy in a few weeks now and not sure if he'll be around tonight. Yesterday he asked me what the situation with the flat was. I said girl is moving her stuff tonight and moving out on Sunday. Then he asked who was replacing her. I said my OH. He replied with 'He is not welcome in this flat'. Oh well, tough titties!

Oh my. What makes gym buddy think he gets a say?! That's infuriating. I'm hanging on every word of your gym buddy drama, LOL. Sorry you have to be dealing with it though - must be awkward and stress you certainly don't need.

Pog

Wow! Your gym buddy sounds a pain!

How is the Carb Cycling going? Your menus always look so good!

Exams are next week correct? Revisions going ok?

Morning Pog I hope OH has had fun cleaning! Has he moved in yet? I hope gym buddy is not causing you any bother!

X

Hi guys, thanks for popping by even tho nothing much is going on :D

Carb cycling has taken a back seat and I'm eating what's convenient and time saving for me such as beans on toast, jacket potatoes, pasta etc. Carbfest! But I don't have much appetite so I'm not stuffing myself. I need my Mon-Fri office job routine back asap! I think I'm just maintaining at the moment. I haven't taken measurements in a while but I've got a feeling I'm slightly bigger than the last time I did.

OH hasn't moved out yet. I think he said he'll start moving tomorrow evening. There's no rush anyway and it's literally 3mins down the road from where we live right now. OH has been away the past few weekends in Suffolk as he's in the process of selling his house there. I think he accepted an offer today. This weekend just gone was supposed to be when his 'friend and ex-housemate whom he lived with for 4-5 years until he moved down to London' was moving out. HOWEVER, this guy is pretty unreliable and I don't know exactly what happened but I think my OH spent the three day weekend packing up all his stuff for him and cleaning the house where his stuff wasn't piled up. The guy is moving in with his girlfriend and I think she had him do things for her so he wasn't around much at my OH's house. (Confused yet? :D:D) OH came back to London last night looking very tired and very fed up. Poor thing. Hopefully the guy is going to have everything moved out by this weekend so OH can clean the house properly.

So yea, I don't blame OH if he wants to take his time moving out of our current London flat. (This is confusing me now too! So much moving and cleaning going on lol)

I still haven't spoken to gym buddy since the "He's not welcome in this flat" message. I don't want to open up a can of worms until after my exam so it will have to wait. OH is probably going to meet and speak with gym buddy before I do if he gets to move in this week anyway.

Yes Bonkers, exam is next Friday so until then it's loads of question practice and last minute cramming. I've just got home from my last revision class and I've made a few friends who want to study in empty classrooms at college so I might join them this weekend and next week when I have time off work.

Phew. So that's what going on at the moment. Altho I'm not posting much I still read everyone's diaries :)

Has anyone heard of Jason Vale the Juice Master?

Hope everyone's being good :) x

I'm confused .com
Glad you are keeping well though xxxx

Oh wow pog lots going on, sounds good meeting people for group study hopefully will be a bit less boring if there's a few or you together!

Never heard of Jason Vale, are you thinking of juicing?

Your right PogMoma to just concentrate on eating what's in house and spend time studying.

Not fair OH has to pack, move and clean for so many others, no wonder he's exhausted.

I've heard of Jason 'the juice master' Vale he's been on the radio and in the media recently. Maybe has a new book out. I know he lost 4 stone by juicing and is quite an authority on the subject. x

It sounds like you have a lot going on right now. I agree with the others who said prioritize your exams right now. The rest can all wait until after. Good luck!

I'm keeping up with events but am also a little confused... exams first methinks.
And more pogbaby tales please... x

For you Jo - PogBaby was naughty last night. She'd been on the sofa with OH trying to tunnel her way into the sofa in between the cushions when she suddenly stopped and went quiet for a while. OH got suspiscious and pulled her out - turns out she was chewing on a Lindt Limited Edition Strawberries & Cream wrapper that had fallen in. When OH tried to take it off her she started spiking up and refused to let go, growling and everything lol When he finally got hold of it, PogBaby sat in the corner with the face buried in a crack between the sofa cushions and sulked. Haha she's got such a personality. It's little things like this that make us love her more. Weirdly enough the grumpier she is, the cuter she seems lol

Summary of what's going on with the drama;

1) OH's house in Suffolk - OH's house which he's in the process of selling since he's moved to London. His old housemate/friend is moving out to move in with his girlfriend. Oh yea, big drama on that now. Today they found out their new landlord is a convicted child pawn user and he got caught using it in the actual flat they moved into. Also the roof leaks so that couple is trying to get out of their new contract ASAP! Nightmare for them but fortunately the girlfriend's parents live closeby so they're staying there until it gets sorted.

2) My flat in London - OH moved down to London in September last year to be with me but he's currently a bit depressed. He hates London so we have decided it might be good if he moves out for a bit to "find himself". I constantly feel like I'm treading on eggshells and OH doesn't want me to feel like that around him just cos he's finding it difficult. So he's moving into...

3) Gym buddy's flat - where I used to live until I got my current flat and where the whole 'gym buddy + girl who used to live there' drama happened. The landlord of the flat travels a lot so he asked me to look after it for him so I make sure the rooms are occupied and is kept clean and stuff. Gym buddy is not happy with my OH moving in but it's only 3mins away from my flat so it's handy for my OH and I and until I get to the bottom of the drama he had with the girl, I don't want to find a new person to move in with him. My OH is the perfect person for now and he is well aware of the drama that happened and doesn't mind if gym buddy is going to be difficult.

Now my OH likes cleaning so he does it all in my flat and I do the cooking and laundry most the time. His old housemate friend in Suffolk is a nightmare, very dirty, untidy and unreliable so OH is planning to go back this weekend to give the house a good clean. The girl who used to live in the other flat down the road was ok but it turns out she dried all her washing in her bedroom so even tho she tried to ventilate the room, mould has appeared. OH wants to give the whole flat a deep clean.

I think that's about it :D

Lovely pog... awh. Thanks for the recap!

Juicing

I can't remember how I came across Jason Vale but I've watched a few vids of what he's about, looked on his website and stuff. I also read up on Joe Cross who seems to be the Aussie equivalent to Jason Vale. Both of them were overweight and most of all, which got my attention was that they had skin conditions that nothing could cure. I developed an unknown type of skin condition which the doctors and dermatologists reluctantly called eczema a few years ago and whenever it flares up, it's the most painful and annoying thing ever. If it comes to losing weight or curing the skin condition, I'd choose the skin curing thing so I'm willing to give it a go.

Joe Cross has a documentary called 'Fat, sick and nearly dead' which showed his journey along with a random stranger he met who he helped out too. It was quite moving and emotional. Recently Jason Vale has released a documentary of 8 people with all sorts of different diseases who went on a 28 day juicing detox. I think this is maybe why he's getting press these days. That documentary was quite moving too, seeing all these people getting better, their ups and downs etc.

There's a guy at work who brings in green juices so I asked him if he was a regular juicer. He is and he's been doing it for 3-4 years and he's still loving it. He's always been very lanky and slim so it wasn't the weight issue that got him started. He says he feels so much better and healthier etc and when I mentioned my skin thing he said oh yea, if I do this I'll definitely notice an improvement cos even he noticed the difference too.

So I think I need to do this. I'm sure I'll lose weight but the main aim is to get my skin sorted. I was just wondering if anyone has tried it or knew anything about it.

I'm going to start after exams. I know it will be tough and even the guy at work said it's not easy but I need to at least give it a go.

I tried juicing last year sometime, I was planning on doing 7 days but I lasted til tea time! But I carried on for the 7 days, juicing in the day and having a low carb tea, I felt great and lost some weight. Every now and then I'll get the juicer out, it makes you feel healthier!

Back