PogMoma's Diary

Yuck, that sucks about the dental issues!

Enjoy the festival!

Ohhhh more gym buddy updates - I can hardly wait! :D

Oh no on the dentist!

Hope you have fun this weekend xx

Feeling for you re dentist... sounds painful and expensive too.
X

Morning hun

I'm terrible on the tooth front too, hope you get it all sorted ok.

Well done on the juicing, have you found it easy?

Food and beer festival turned out to be today not Sunday and we all had a good time. Lots of different types of food was eaten and enjoyed. I shall say no more on that matter :D

Tomorrow won't be as bad. We're setting off back to London around 4pm so I'll see if I can be bothered to have a juice for dinner tomorrow.

Juicing is surprisingly easy for me. I don't feel as hungry as I imagined I'd be, it seems like it's best if I can have one juice every three hours or so. This week I've been having my first juice at 9, second at 12 and third around 3. Then home to have the fourth one. I should really have a fifth but I'm not hungry enough for it.

The trouble with juicing is the getting up 40mins earlier than usual in the mornings to make the three juices I take into work and the washing up. Chopping and pressing down work out has caused some serious arm and shoulder ache it's unreal. At some point the bit where my ribs meet in the middle/abs ached a bit too. Maybe I need to put the juicer somewhere lower where I don't need to rely on arm strength alone. I'm not that tall and the juicer on top of the counter is quite high. I haven't told my OH this cos he'll just make more fun of me being short lol

Watching the World Cup at the mo, England is really aggressive! Better go and watch properly.

Ouch, I hate the dentist and I'm a white knuckle patient so I go every three months to keep pain to a minimum.

When's your first juice weigh in PogMoma?

I'm planning to go more often now! I just couldn't find one like was happy with. Hopefully this dentist won't disappoint!

I've been wondering whether to do a weigh in at all on this. The plan was to do the 7 day one first and then move onto the 14 day one but what with post-exam catch ups with friends and eating out planned for tomorrow until Saturday, I don't think I'll be able to carry around juices. I'll just have to make good choices while out.

I have been weighing every morning tho, and so far while I was on plan the weight has been going down. I started on 71kg last Tuesday and it steadily got down to 68.8kg or something by Friday but the planned off plan weekend saw me at 70kg yesterday (I did eat A LOT!). This morning it's down to 69.8kg so it seems like as long I stick to it long term, the weight will go down. It's still early days so watch this space. I feel so much better tho knowing I'm not putting crap into my body and I don't have to obssess over what I should eat next. Just simply juices from the plan, that's all.

People must think I'm bonkers when I load my shopping trolley with 40 apples, 4 pineapples, 3 cucumbers, a bag of carrots and so on lol It's more the apples! So many apples! :D

Last edited:
That is an awful lot of apples my dear. :p It sounds like you're doing great and feeling great too - well done!

Sounds like everything ia going well Pog! Well done on sticking with the juicing, sounds like it suits you :)

I always talk about food in work (and everywhere lol!), love finding out what people are eating, not to judge them or anything I just love food!

Have a good weekend :)

I've bought the book Poggie, so may be joining you in the juicing - but most of all, i really liked what the reviews said about it helping them with long term food issues - and boy do I want something that will get my head straight!!!! :) Will report back.

Ooh goodie! Which book did you buy Susie?

Yes yes, it's good that. You have to read it from start to finish and don't skip to the end. Hope it helps you!

If you're going to buy a juicer, look on Amazon for reviews and see which one suits you best.

I got this one but from a different site which was slightly cheaper. It's really good. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-HR1...qid=1403523552&sr=8-1&keywords=philips+juicer

You might want to buy a blender too if you're going to be juicing cos the juicer doesn't do soft fruit such as bananas, avocados, mangoes and you will need it to blend ice in too. My good old Smoothie-to-go blender died a few days ago so I got a new one - Breville Blend-Active Personal Blender - 300 Watt: Amazon.co.uk: Kitchen & Home. It's ok, only used it once today but rather than having a switch on/off button, you have to keep the button pressed for it to blend. Whatever the case I find a blender with a lid for the cup is really handy and there's less washing up compared to the massive jug ones where you have to pour into a different container/glass/bottle. If you already have one of those, use it but if not, get one that has an easy take away type bottle :)

Are you going to be my juicing buddy? :) x

Are you going to be my juicing buddy? :) x

Could be :D I already have a good blender and a Jason recipe book. I bought a hugely expensive juicer which I never used (my last flat just wan't big enough to get it out) so I sold it on eBay for the same money (yaye) but kept the book.

I think I'll just get one of these - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Andrew-Jame...=8-1&keywords=andrew+james+whole+fruit+juicer - much cheaper but the reviews are generally good.

I do like the idea of getting more fruit and veg in me - not sure how filled up I'll feel though...

Haha we're posting on each other's diaries real time lol

Oooh that's one I considered too but one guy at work who has been juicing for 3-4 years recommended the Philips one so I got that.

In the beginning it took me an extra 40mins in the mornings to make 3 juices and wash up etc but now it just takes me 20mins. It feels good to be able to drink the goodness which I'd never be able to eat all in one day. Also feels good to not be tempted by the "treats" and snacks lying around in the office (this is thanks to the Slim for life book).

If you're worried about not feeling full, maybe you could add a bit more avocado than the recipes suggest. Spirulina is supposed to help with hunger too. I get both spirulina and wheatgreass powder from H&B. And drink lots of water.

I really hope it works for you. VERY interested to see how you find it x

Haha we're posting on each other's diaries real time lol...

If you're worried about not feeling full, maybe you could add a bit more avocado than the recipes suggest. Spirulina is supposed to help with hunger too. I get both spirulina and wheatgreass powder from H&B. And drink lots of water.

I really hope it works for you. VERY interested to see how you find it x

LOL about cross posts, they are the best :D And thanks for the tip re avocado, etc.

Well I'm sneakily reading at work (TG for kindle for PCs) and loving his writing style, very informal. Also feeling really positive - he has hit on a cracker on p39 when he says watch the person who has given up sugar in their tea, etc, they don't want sugar any more - That's ME!!! I gave up sugar in tea/coffee years ago and now I really would scrunch up my face if you put sugar in my drink. So if I can do that I can do the rest - whatever it is :)

Ooh what's this Kindle for PC you speak about??

If you love his writing style (which I do too!) check out the short video clips on his website. Once you watch a few, you can almost hear his voice whilst reading the book, that's exactly how he speaks lol

Ditto with the sugar and tea!

Be positive and enjoy the book! x

Google Kindle for PC, it's a download and once installed you can download Kindle books straight to your PC (there's also downloads for tablets, Macs and iPhones).

Gah as expected I can't download it on my work PC. Stupid security rules. I have it on my phone but can't look at it all day long!

I've just found out today there are two other people in the office who are juicing. Is it "in" at the moment???

Back