Points for alcohol in food?

Sneeze

Silver Member
My boyfriend is making stracotto tonight and it includes a half a bottle of red wine. The rest of the meal is actually not too bad (mainly tomato sauce based and meat etc) but I'm not sure how to point the wine in it.

BF says from when he did WW before he's sure you don't point the wine the same when the alcohol is being cooked off because its the alcohol in it that has the points but he's not 100%.

Any help would be appreciated. :) xx

Just a quick bump to see if anyone knows the answer to this? :)

I know this is ancient (6 months old!!) but would still be keen to find out if anyone knows the answer to this?

A quick search on here shows 750ml is 19 ProPoints, so measure out the quantity and calculate accordingly e.g. 125ml = 3 PP

A quick search on here shows 750ml is 19 ProPoints, so measure out the quantity and calculate accordingly e.g. 125ml = 3 PP

Thanks hon. Its more about whether the full value would still be the same though after you cook off the alcohol? :)

wouldn't discount it completely, maybe go with half of the value?

That's what I went with at the time (it was very good :D) so I'll probably stick with it. Thanks. :D

That's what I went with at the time (it was very good :D) so I'll probably stick with it. Thanks. :D

Do you remember if it made a difference with weightloss?

I would think some of it burns off but I wouldn't wanna take a chance that it all had.... so halfway seems to be a fair compromise...

I'm tempted to ask my leader and see what she says actually

Do you remember if it made a difference with weightloss?

I would think some of it burns off but I wouldn't wanna take a chance that it all had.... so halfway seems to be a fair compromise...

I'm tempted to ask my leader and see what she says actually

I don't really remember about the loss - it wasn't hugely long after I started PP so my weight loss was a bit up in the air anyways.

If I had a leader I'd ask too - I do it all online. :)

Thanks so much hon. Its not something we use often in cooking but I'm so OCD I like to know how many points in stuff. :)

Hi Sneeze, wow, you are really getting into the nitty gritty there, but you're right if you can save a few points, why not!

Any chance you'd be tempted to put that recipe up on here so we can sloshed on the wine trying to make it ;) :D:D:D

Haha. Thanks anyway hon. xx

hi

hi I know this post is 3 weeks old but I asked my leader that very same question just thus week and she said you point it as normal there is no difference at all so if you use a whole bottle then its 19pp.sorry to be the bearer of bad news, I would rather just drink the 19pp than waste it in food lol x

hi I know this post is 3 weeks old but I asked my leader that very same question just thus week and she said you point it as normal there is no difference at all so if you use a whole bottle then its 19pp.sorry to be the bearer of bad news, I would rather just drink the 19pp than waste it in food lol x

Sorry I didn't see this reply til now. Thanks anyway hon - up til now I've been pointing it including the alcohol so I'm no worse off. :) I don't use it very often and will probably be using it even less now. ;)

Back