POLL: Porridge - Yes or No

Do you Like the Porridge?

• Yes

Votes: 54 80.6%
  • No

Votes: 13 19.4%

• Total voters
Hmmmmmm, I' m still not sure about it. I'm going to try it again tonight, this time with a little bit of chocolate shake mixed in. I want to like it cos I really miss having my porridge for breakfast every morning.

Right, I've just had some porridge mixed with a bit of chocolate shake and the verdict is...................YUMMY!!!!!!!!

~I think it's trail and error - once you have perfected the way that you like it it is great - I think those of us that have persevered trhrough the cement, stage, the watery stage, the expl;oded in the microwave stage are now addicts!

Tip - make sure you cook it in a high sided jug. It does bubble up!

The first 2 spoonfuls I thought it was a bit strange. A bit like Semolina in school dinners! But now I think it's great, especially with these cold mornings. I always flavour it with a teaspoonful of shake powder. Chocolate porridge is lovely. Strawberry porridge is really, really nice too. Going to try banana porridge tomorrow! Yum.

I have had it! Woohoo! I love it! I am so excited! I put cinnamon in it and it was lovely. I am so pleased! It's gonna be great to have something different every day.

It seemed a bit watery and I thought that meant it was gonna be rubbish, but it was great. I might try it next time with a little bit less water.

I won't get any till Wednesday though as this was a sample my CDC was kind enough to send me. Gonna change my order now though as didn't order too many porridge just in case I hated it - but now I want to make sure I have loads!

I love porridge so was looking forward to this and had bought enough for a week..... yuck - way too sweet.

I think I'll try some of your suggestions like cinnamon and nutmeg.

this is how i make it... you will learn to love it i promise!

200mls of very warm water, give it a real good blitz with hand blender so no lumps present just a little runny. then a min in microwave and it is peeeerrrfffeeccttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no sweeteners, no flavours, nothing.... just lovely porridge!

Hmm - I used the 140ml and that seemed too runny! I don't understand about the lumpy bits - werent they just oats? It seemed ok to me?

I am, sooo gutted I have to wait till Wednesday to get some more, I'd have loved some tonight! Never mind, Wednesday will come along before I know it! Gorgeous stuff!

Back