poo

I've got some andrews, fig juice and lots of warm water on the go! If no movement by tonight i'll send OH out for something really strong. I'd sell my soul to Gillian McKeith before having an enema!

Leapfrog said:
I totally misread this and thought you had a cat called Poo who had bitten the dust! Living in France I do sometimes read English words the French way :D

Hahhahahahahahahhaa! Well that's cheered me up no end. Poor old Poo Chat!

Meow!

Dulcolax is great if you havent been able to shift it. It needs a good few hours to work though so take it before bed tonight if you still havent been. And put a book in the toilet for tomorrow. Good luck!

I will do Madame, thanks for the tip. Everyone report back tomorrow morning and if i've had a poo we'll have a poo thread party! :D

I will do Madame, thanks for the tip. Everyone report back tomorrow morning and if i've had a poo we'll have a poo thread party! :D

Ring your GP and see what they suggest (apologies if you have already, i've only read the last couple of pages.

Please don't go straight to A+E without speaking to a Dr (your own GP or out of hours GP).

I've been a lot less regularly since starting SW.....got to the point that I even bought some senna tablets but luckily didn't have to use them.

Well finally after 4 days of Weetabix and scan bran I've been :0

GP should be able to give you Picolax rather then A&E for a manual I think.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Think how much weight you will lose when you have been!!!!!
Seriously, try exercise as well, just walking will help, even around the house, get gravity to help and lots of fluids.
Hope you go soon!!!!!

yeah guys dont overdo the over the counter remedies.... if you have to rely on them on a regular basis you NEED to see your doctor to rule out anything more serious. Don't patch over the cracks and ignore something that could be easily fixed! All over the counter remedies are meant for short term use only!

I've had an enema before.... its not painful or bad at all. I did find it a little embarrasing but to be honest, nurses have seen it all before and probably worse! Just be washed and have clean undies on. You get taken to the toilet after and that part is not pleasant, but in my experience they tend to leave you to it.

Ring your GP and see what they suggest (apologies if you have already, i've only read the last couple of pages.

Please don't go straight to A+E without speaking to a Dr (your own GP or out of hours GP).

GP should be able to give you Picolax rather then A&E for a manual I think.

I think the reason I've been told to go to A&E tomorrow rather than my GP is because i've only had 1 poo in 10 days :sigh:
The NHS Direct nurse I was dealing with told me that If I were to see my GP any medication they could prescribe would take a further couple of days and as I'm already complaining of severe back pain she didn't want to risk it.

Besides if you phone my GP out of hours they tell you to go to the walk-in and if they can't help, A&E? NHS Direct have already told me to go straight to A&E so I will be doing that tomorrow if there is no movement overnight.

The whole thing is ghastly.

I haven't read the whole thread but the way you sit on the toilet can make things easier to go. The tendency if you can't go is to scrunch up the try and force it out but its better to sit back as far as you can and put your feet on tiptoes and move your feet as close to the loo as you can this will bring your knees up and align your back passage so its straighter and easier to push it all out.

I'm happy to give that a go Ali!!

Ive been following this thread cus I love a bit of toilet talk. Ha ha. I will be eagerly logging in tomorrow to see if there has been any 'movement'. Hope you find some comfort soon. X

I love how everyone's saying they're going to 'log' on tomorrow to see what's happened hahaha! :)

Back