Poorly on CD

furrysmudge

Gold Member
Does anyone know, if it doesn't sound like a daft question, if you're unwell whilst doing VLCD's (in my case I'm recovering from swine flu) does your body use more calories to try and make itself better, or does it hang on to every calorie you feed it? I ask because I have made sure I've had all 3 packs, but on the couple of days I've felt a tad better I've had chicken and salad as I still felt weak. Oh, and I did have a couple of biscuits on a day when I couldn't get off the sofa :sigh:. Spose it could go either way this week.....

Thanks in anticipation of your reply/replies xxxxx

Oh Hun, poor you being sick. I'm not sure but it has to be better to be fueling your body to help you recover. You'e doing really well. Hope you're better soon xxx

I have absolutely no basis for this in fact or evidence but I do believe the body will a) tell you what it needs and b) use/need/require more calories when you are ill. You're poorly - be kind to yourself. I'd have the 3 packs, but if you need more, have more.

Thanks lufflies for your replies, hopefully all will be well when I get weighed on Monday! xx

Curly thankyou sweetie xxx Will chocolate be ok then? lol! I do feel hungry today but been picking at salad and raw veg, got wind now ffs xxxx

Back