Popcorn

Discussion in 'Syn Values' started by catb1979, 25 January 2011 Social URL.

1. catb1979

catb1979 2nd time's a charm!!

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(5.5%)
    Diet:
    All about w8
    Hi guys,

I have decided to come over to SW after losing over 6 stone on Cambridge Diet in 2009. The weight is creeping back on, but just don't think I could go back to living on soups again. I need food in my life and friends have been so successful on SW, that I've decided to try it for myself. Think I'm getting the hang of it, but have a question about popcorn. If I make it myself (bought own kernels to do in a pan or in microwave with no oil), would it be free? If so, any tips on free flavour, etc? x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. ninnins

ninnins SW ROCKS!

Start Weight:
    18st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    5st9.5lb(30.69%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    28g=5.5syns when popped without oil, i usually just put a bit of sweetner on it, know there is others that spray butter frylight on for flavour

4. BritMumInCanada

BritMumInCanada Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    unfortunately it isn't free, as the ninnins has put, it is 5.5 syns per 28g of plain popped popcorn.

5. dawnwynne

dawnwynne Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(13.64%)
    Hi Catherine, welcome aboard

As already stated it's not free but 28g is nice sized bowl so it really feels like you are getting a lot for the 5.5 syns! I will spray it with butter flavoured frylight than either put something like season all or dill on it. You could even sprinkle a bit of icing sugar on it if you fancy a sweet treat. You'd have to syn the sugar of course but icing sugar goes a long way!

6. Lady A

Lady A Loves to Shop!

Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Mmm...i'm sooooooo gonna have some pop corn tonight...YUM! xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.