1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Popcorn

Discussion in 'Syn Values' started by Morgan649, 21 February 2014 Social URL.

1. Morgan649

Morgan649 Member

I bought my hubbie a popcorn maker for Xmas and just wondered how many syns it is? I would be popping the little kernels in the machine and not adding anything or maybe adding a tiny bit of icing sugar ? How much could I pop for how many syns :)
    Thankyou x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. SWKate

SWKate Member

Start Weight:
    17st11.0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13.5lb(11.04%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Plain popcorn popped without fat is 4.5 Syns for 25g, if you pop them with fat this goes up to 7.5 Syns per 25g :)

4. Morgan649

Morgan649 Member

Thankyou, this is prob a daft question put do you weigh 25g before or after popping as I guess afterwards its lighter ? lol x

5. SWKate

SWKate Member

Start Weight:
    17st11.0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13.5lb(11.04%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Lol good question :) I would count it as 25g once popped as this is how it's worded and when you look at the Syns for branded already popped popcorn it is a similar syn value

6. Morgan649

Morgan649 Member

Fab thankyou, so will get more for the 25g then :D

7. systema

systema Gold Member

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Current Weight:
    9st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st1lb(18.13%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    25 GMS of corn will give 25gms of pop corn only it will look lots more :D

8. Morgan649

Morgan649 Member

Well I popped 25gm of popcorn yesterday and was surprised how much it made !! Was enough for me hubbie and the kids to share !! Think this would be good to have as a little snack in work instead of craving chocolate ! :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.