1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Porridge and yogurt - are these ok to use?

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by skinnycowtobe, 12 January 2014 Social URL.

1. skinnycowtobe

skinnycowtobe Well-Known Member

Hi all, I'm trying to plan my breakfasts and lunches at work for the week but I'm a bit stuck - new to this! I know you can make 'porridge' with porridge oats and yogurt but I'm not sure if what I've got is ok to use or if it would count as a syn. I went shopping at Aldi and all I could see were Mornflake Superfast oats - are these ok?Also I know the recipe mentions fat free greek yogurt - all I could find was 'low fat greek style yogurt' (less than 3% fat), I bought this and a tub of fat free vanilla yogurt. Are either of these ok? Thanks in advance!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. skinnycowtobe

I managed to find out about the yogurts (not free sadly, grr!) but still can't find any info on the porridge, does anyone know? Thanks:)

4. GrannieAnnie

GrannieAnnie Well-Known Member

As long as it`s regular porridge and not instant or the sort you get in a tub!
    Then it`s fine. 35g is a hexb.

I think you`re thinking of Magic Porridge.
    I make mine with one tub of vanilla Muller light.
    I add a dash of milk to it as it`s a bit too stodgy otherwise.

Mix the porridge and yogurt together and put it in the fridge overnight.
    Microwave it for a couple of minutes in the morning.
    Enjoy!!

5. skinnycowtobe

That's great, thank you :)