Porridge ideas?

kez80

I LOVE porridge, I could eat it 3 times aday but I'm running out of ides how to have it, so could any one share theirs with me. I have blueberries, strawberries ( what ever is on offer) stewed apple and cinnamon, mash banana, peach slices.

When I have porridge I usually add a teaspoon of Weight Watchers jam, I liked the blackcurrant jam with apple chopped up into the porridge with it. I also like ginger in with my porridge, just a tiny bit, it tastes like gingerbread.

Have you tried the "magic porridge" you just weigh out the porridge oats, pour a yogurt over the top and leave overnight. I did mine with 40g porridge oats (4PP) and 2 of the limited edition nectarine and apricot weight watchers yogurts (1PP each) and it was really filling for 6PP. Hugs Crystal xx

I do that sometimes with allbran but will try it with oats, I also got some Alpen porridge yesterday as some people have said its really nice. Iv just had porridge with grated apple and strawberries . Thanks you. :)

I have 30g of oats (3pp) made with water to save my points and add 10g of honey (1pp). I have it warm and its lovely. Chopped banana goes well with it to.

May try the magic oats. I take it you leave it in the fringe. What happens to the oats. Sorry if I sound thick but never heard of oats this way.

Claire

Just had some magic oats made with 20g oats and 1 ww yogurt. Made it last night and had it as a snack today. Flippin lovely and only 3pp.

I do that with all bran, really fills u up. I had porridge with ginger this morning, tastes like ginger breadman.

I have my porridge made with water and a pureed banana then add cinnamon, very nice and naughty tasting

I like mine similar to pos bird - 30g made with water till its thick then add yoghurt, 2tsp brown sugar and chopped banana or berries. Poached apricots or nectarines (done with water and brown sugar in the microwave) is also yum.
Thanks for starting this thread!!
Definitely will be trying the ginger version, magic oats and grated apple and cinnamon :)

I prefer my oats with yoghurt, so I use a sachet of oatso simple original oats with say 100g of fat free yog, this week I have been having bananas, sultanas, strawberries, crushed almonds, loads of dif mixes, I love it, my fave breakfast!

kittywho said:
hi all, did you ever try making porridge with sugar free squash?

Really? That sounds a bit interesting!

Hmmm I might give it a go if I'm feeling brave! lol

I usually cook my porridge with hard boiled eggs and chicken breast. Add a dash of salt and pepper and give it a squeeze of lemon. It's pretty good...in fact I'm craving for it right now :)

30g of oats, half milk half water: summer fruits, 10g of pumpkin seeds or grated almonds - cinnamon and banana and apples... Mmmm <3

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

smithj said:
I usually cook my porridge with hard boiled eggs and chicken breast. Add a dash of salt and pepper and give it a squeeze of lemon. It's pretty good...in fact I'm craving for it right now :)

That's even more bizarre than the squash! I've never even thought of having it like that! Do you mix it all together?? x

smithj said:

Ewww I'm afraid for me that's a bit like the savoury muffin thing, I just can't do it lol x

Back