Porridge ideas?

Porridge, chopped banana and a tablespoon of maple syrup..... Gorgeous! Make mine either with just water or half and half so i dont feel guilty about the syrup

Feijoa cut up and cooked in water with the oats in microwave + ginger and a couple of big tablespoons of diet vanilla yoghurt = 4pp, extra pp for 2tsp brown sugar :)

tried some ginger in my porridge this morning. It was lovely. will deffo have it again. it's nice to be able to vary the same brekkie soo much.

After reading about it in this thread i have also tried the "magic" version....with yoghurt soaked overnight and again this is really nice. i've done it at least once a week for the past few weeks.

i normally have a sprinkling of cinnamon with either sliced banana or grated apple.
sliced (ripe) pear, blueberries, raspberries are my usual additions.
occasionally i add some dried fruit apricots, sultanas, raisins or cranberries but not too often as they are extra pp.

I am intrigued by the savoury option smithj mentions? how would I go about cooking prridge with an egg and chicken? and is it a breakfast? How does it work?

I like chocolate Philadelphia through mine, feels so naughty!

icklerockchick said:
I like chocolate Philadelphia through mine, feels so naughty!

Great idea! How much do you use? x

Mets said:
Great idea! How much do you use? x

Depends how chocolatey you like it I usually go for a spoonful of choc phili or use choc oatly milk - 200ml is a hea x

Back