porridge oats

Little Miss Determined

Skinny here I come!!
I am just about to have some for breakfast but is it 28g made up porridge oats or 28g of oats before you make it up????

also are you allowed more without the scan bran?

28g raw porridge for your HEB but no sorry you can't have more if you don't have the scan bran/ryvita. Try bulking it out with fruit - a banana works well or some fresh berries.

28g dry porridge oats.

And no, you DO have to eat the Scan Bran - that's what gives it the fibre to even count as a HEX at all

Well yes if you're on Green/Red (not EE) you get 4 HEXes and you can spend them on what you like - so 56g porridge oats and 2 Scan Brans - but thats your HEXBs gone for the day.

Well yes if you're on Green/Red (not EE) you get 4 HEXes and you can spend them on what you like - so 56g porridge oats and 2 Scan Brans - but thats your HEXBs gone for the day.

And remember to count the milk from your HEX allowance if you use that in porridge.

I don't do my oats in water, I just mix them in with chosen mullerlight and leave in fridge overnight. Then in morning just add some chopped fruit in :) yummy x

jane Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

ermintrude said:
28g dry porridge oats.

And no, you DO have to eat the Scan Bran - that's what gives it the fibre to even count as a HEX at all

Hmm - though SW had changed their advice recently about whether you have to have all of a hex for it to count as a hex?

Hmm - though SW had changed their advice recently about whether you have to have all of a hex for it to count as a hex?

But that was regarding splitting, or eating only part of, things that already qualify as a HEX - eg instead of 350ml milk OR 28g cheddar you can have 175ml milk AND 14g cheddar; OR you could just eat half of your HEX eg 3 FinnCrisp instead of all 6. But 3 Finn Crisp/milk & cheddar *already* contain enough fibre/calcium (par weight) to qualify as a HEX. Porridge doesn't which is why you're supposed to eat the ScanBran.

Dont quote me on it, I dont set the rules and Im willing to be told Im wrong, but I cant see how 28g of porridge on its own could logically qualify as a HEX. By all means do it on the odd occasion, but it's not strictly a HEX if its not on the list.

Hey, I eat WW Malted Danish *every day* as my HEXB and I know damn well it doesn't have enough fibre to count as one :rolleyes: - but Im not trying to say it does :D

Mm, also they now seem to have separated "cereals & crispbreads" into separate sections of "cereals" and "crispbreads" - but all the cereals that needed a crispbread to be a HEX still have it attached, even within the plain "cereals" section.

But that was regarding splitting, or eating only part of, things that already qualify as a HEX - eg instead of 350ml milk OR 28g cheddar you can have 175ml milk AND 14g cheddar; OR you could just eat half of your HEX eg 3 FinnCrisp instead of all 6. But 3 Finn Crisp/milk & cheddar *already* contain enough fibre/calcium (par weight) to qualify as a HEX. Porridge doesn't which is why you're supposed to eat the ScanBran.

Dont quote me on it, I dont set the rules and Im willing to be told Im wrong, but I cant see how 28g of porridge on its own could logically qualify as a HEX. By all means do it on the odd occasion, but it's not strictly a HEX if its not on the list.

Hey, I eat WW Malted Danish *every day* as my HEXB and I know damn well it doesn't have enough fibre to count as one :rolleyes: - but Im not trying to say it does :D

:D- to be fair, I'm a bit of a stickler for the rules so I have always (rather begrudgingly I might add) choked down my scan bran unless I 'forget' to add it.

I think you might be right on the splitting thing though.

I am rrreeeeeeaaaallllly anal about rules.... :eek: (but I still never stick to the damn things... :rolleyes: )

As long as I know precisely what rule it is that Im not obeying all's fine cap'n... :cool:

I crumble my scan bran and then put the oats and some sweetner and cinnamon on top cover it all with hot water, bung it in the microwave and then slice a banana an some fromage frais or any yog on top. Creamy delicous extra filling and you never notice the scan bran !!

Back