Porridge Tips 101

judders74

Judders74's Tips for Happy CD Porridge :clap:

Porridge tip #1
I make it with a bit more water than it suggests, around 180ml. Less gloopy, although not strictly to the rules on the packet, I know.

Porridge tip #2
I always stir it halfway through microwaving it (after 30 seconds). Seems to help with texture and you don't get the handbag leather 'skin' on top. Nice.

Porridge tip #3
Sprinkle a tiny bit of ground/grated nutmeg* on it as you are about to eat it. Brings back memories of rice pudding and school dinners (which - surprise, surprise - is a good memory for me, as I've always eaten anything!).

Porridge tip #4
Never, ever, EVER keep cooking your CD porridge in the microwave for an extra 15 seconds to see if it bulks up more. You will be cleaning all 6 sides of the interior of your microwave for days (trust me, I know).

Porridge tip #5
Shout it from the rooftops... "Cambridge Diet porridge is GAW-JUSS".

*I'm unsure of the ketosis-altering properties that nutmeg may have, so far I've had no problems. Use at own risk!

i will be sure to take note of these points when i get to try some of the porridge, thanks.

I agree its yum, i recently had mine plain and liked it - im guessing its because i hand blend mine though to make it readybrek like!

It is recommended you do not use the cinnamon or nutmeg until week three when ketosis is well established. If you feel hungry after using the spices then stop. Some people are more sensitive than others.

I have just eaten my bowl of porridge..Mmmm I love it!

In had to order extra boxes as I keep running out...my clients love it too.

i had my first pack last night and i just dont like it. it tasted too much like the vanilla packs to me. feel a bit sad cos i was really looking forward to trying these.

awww I am still waiting for my sample :( and I don't see my CDC until two weeks time! I can't wait to try it! Think I might add a bit of cinnamon in every now and again, can imagine that being scrummy! x

Ive just looked in my box and relise i only have 1 left, I realy want it!!! but alas im going to have to wait until tomorrow for breakfast as i dont want 3 choc shakes in the day!

awww I am still waiting for my sample :( and I don't see my CDC until two weeks time! I can't wait to try it! Think I might add a bit of cinnamon in every now and again, can imagine that being scrummy! x

Ask you CDC to pop a pack in the post to you that way you can try and know how many to order when you next see her.

ive still not tried it yet as my cdc is still away until 24th.

I had mine this morning...it was ok....I think I'll have to try it again, I didn't dislike it but not sure if I liked it either. First few mouthfuls were lovely but then I found it had a bit of a funny aftertaste. Might try and get some cinnamon as that would be yummy.

I always make mine with more water and add cinnamon or nutmeg. I do find I don't feel full for so long after it though......!!

Back