Porridge..... Yuk!!!!

sianock

Gonna be who I wanna be!
Just tried the porridge, and what a dissapointment. It was absolutely disgusting!!!! I at least expected it to be bearable at the worst, but I had one mouthful, tried another and could have been sick!!! Yuk....

What a shame, I was so excited too.:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Awww such a pity you didn't like it hun. Guess it's like all the products/flavours. Some like, some don't :sigh:

Never mind ... at least you still have all the shakes, soups and bars to choose from - plus the new strawberry tetra :)

Just tried the porridge, and what a dissapointment. It was absolutely disgusting!!!! I at least expected it to be bearable at the worst, but I had one mouthful, tried another and could have been sick!!! Yuk....

What a shame, I was so excited too.:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Me 2 hunni, thank god we have nice shakes :)

Hope u have a cracking weekend

What is it that people find yuck, texture or taste?

I do like bland flabours and like most CD products EXCEPT Brocolli and Cheese soup, that nearly killed me!

As I buy for a month I am afraid to get too much porridge if I hate it but also I will be on Week 12 then and feel like a change. Not sure what to do now!

For ME its both texture or taste, i dont like the "bits" in it and its too sweet and "odd" tasting

But thats how I feel, I hope u like it

Yep, it was the bits and texture I didn't like. If there were no lumps...which I couldn't figure out if they were lumps of powder or lumps they put in, I may have been able to stomach it!! I made it as per the instructions, with a bit more water as guys said it goes too thick otherwise.

It was very sweet and I just didn't like it. I love oats so simple and was a wee bit dissappointed it wasn't similar. Oh well, each to his own.

I am afraid to get too much porridge if I hate it but also I will be on Week 12 then and feel like a change. Not sure what to do now!

Why not just get one or two to see if you like it? If you do, then you can always buy more the next month. If you don't, no real harm done :)

As I buy for a month I am afraid to get too much porridge if I hate it but also I will be on Week 12 then and feel like a change. Not sure what to do now!

have posted one to you hun....you should get it Monday/Tuesday...you can have a wee taste and then you'll know....OK ?

Debz xx

have posted one to you hun....you should get it Monday/Tuesday...you can have a wee taste and then you'll know....OK ?

Debz xx

Now thats what i call a very caring cdc, lets hope she likes it, fingers crossed :)

Even the odd bits, HEFFA?

mmmm, everyones taste is different but I found it very powdery and it's sweet in a way I find hard to describe. But I am happy with everything else, especially the choc or vanilla shake and the cranberry bars...yum.

ohyes, i also love the shakes and bars. Its a top diet :)

Just had my 2nd one today!!! 1st one I had mixed with toffee and walnut shake but couldn't really taste the toffee walnut flavour. But filled me up until now!

Now thats what i call a very caring cdc, lets hope she likes it, fingers crossed :)

Yes Debz is wonderful, could not have asked for a better CDC.

I had not visited this topic since I left so when the postmas arrived with mail I had no idea what it could be. I opened it and it was porridge!! I was so happy, I think I recieved it, made it and finished it within 5 mins!!!

Really liked it!

lol, makes a change getting something exciting through the post other than bills...Im glad you liked it, only wish i did :-( ive tried it a few more times but it still doesnt float my boat.

I had it for the first time this morning and really enjoyed it. Nice to have something hot for breakfast for a change.

i was mixed about it first time but loved the one i had this morning

I got two, so might try one in the morning. I really like my hot shakes for breaky though so I wont be too fed up if I dont like it. Tonight I had the toffee and nut shake, hot, for supper and it was bloomin lovely!
I'm spoilt for choice, I think they are all lovely (apart from the leek and pot soup) thats my least favourite.
Lynne x

I had the porridge yesterday for the first time, I made it with slightly more water and it came out quite watery, but it thickened nicely on standing. The taste was surprisingly sweet, and I quite enjoyed the taste. I did find the smell a little off putting as it smelt a little like papier mache to me. All in all I was impressed that it filled me up a lot and in fact I had trouble finishing it all and I stayed full. I only got three but next week will get more.
Like someone else said, to anyone who hasn't tried it, it has to be worth getting a few just to try and trying them with an open mind <and a peg on the nose :) >
x

Back