porridge

sassy30

Any ideas for making porridge taste nicer? I eat the apple and cinnamon and really don't like it!
Day 3 today-not bad, tummy's rumbling though.
Anyone exercising as
well?
This frumpy mummy can't wait to be a yummy mummy soon! :eek:

Sorry not really able to help you as I had the same problem... I tried both the normal and the apple and cinnamon porridge and just couldn't get the lumps out of it... I know that it has got oats in it and won't go smooth but it was just like eating baby food...
Some people on here eat porridge for all their meals so maybe someone will come along and provide some more hints and tips...

Tracy

Sorry, can't offer much advice as I seem to like the lumps in the porridge. This is what I do, put porridge into a large microwavable bowl and cover with approximately 150mls of boiling water, and out in the microwave for 2 minutes on high power. Having said that on one occasion I was at the central office for my employer and in the cafeteria, so I just stirred in hot water into a mug of porridge powder and it turned out nicely. I think there could be an issue that I will probably eat anything (a real greedy guts!) irrespective of the taste or presentation.

I make mine but putting hot water from the tap in it and mix it with a fork to get the lumps out, add some more water in and then bung it in the micro for 40 seconds on high and it cures the lumps!

I love the normal porridge, and when i dont fancy a lumpy one, i add hot water from the kettle to the powder, put it in the blender, then whack into the microwave....its smooth and tastes creamier to me.

Try adding a spoonful of one of the other flavours (like choc orange) to the plain porridge. It's lovely :)

I make it with 200mls of hot water (not boiling) and mix with a hand blender then microwave for 1min

I'm a lump lover too! 150 ml of fairly hot water (but not boiling), mix the porridge with my finger (did I just admit that?) 1 min 10 seconds in the microwave (1000 wat) and then mash the lumps with a spoon. Yum!! Much prefer the normal one to the apple though.

Banana blended in porridge is nice; and the blender cures the lumps

I like both the porridges and lumpy too. For the original, I add spices like ginger, all spice, nutmeg or cinnamon to give it some flavour.

I was so excited when I got the porridge. It smelled and looked just like real porridge when I was making it.
But when I tasted it, it was so bad! It tasted like someone had put a load of salt in it.
Did anyone else find this? I couldn't eat it at all.

I'm loving the porridge especially the apple & cinnamon. I mix it up in my cereal bowl with 140ml of hot water and my little whisk.
Coconut- mine don't taste salty!!! Thats really weird as they taste sweet to me.

Jodie x

I have always added cinnemon to the original porridge. I don't find the lumps a problem and only mix in nearly boiling water with a spoon (Laura!!!!!) for long enough not to be powder anymore. Lumps are good....it beats just having liquid for months on end for me anyway! xxx
ps... i put in micro for 1min 20 sec

a small footnote re addin cinamon to porridge, its a great way to lower ones blood sugar re diabetics

I have always added cinnemon to the original porridge. I don't find the lumps a problem and only mix in nearly boiling water with a spoon (Laura!!!!!) for long enough not to be powder anymore. Lumps are good....it beats just having liquid for months on end for me anyway! xxx
ps... i put in micro for 1min 20 sec
:eek: You called. I only use hot water from the tap ;) Works well :p

Back