Porridge !!!!!

sarahb2

Been having porridge as always thought it was best when dieting. Looked on the packet and I was shocked that it has 8.1g of fat per 100g !!! OMG. Gone offf the rails this week I'm off work and 2 parties. Hoping to get back on track soon.

When i read this I thought what is she on about - just looked again and you are correct.
I usually have one of the quaker packets - food for thought.
Try crumpets - low fat and sugar

Just another learning curve :) trial and error. The important thing now you know :)

I noticed this a while ago , the thing is porrige is good for you and if your not having side effects with it then surely the goodness offsets the extra fat???

I will continue to eat it for breakfast.:D

100g of porridge is 2 and a half portions and tha fat content is when made with semi skimmed milk I think don't quote me though I read the label yesterday before I made it for my breakie and I was fine no tango effect x z

I have the Oats so Simple golden syrup porridge every single day, I don't remember what the fat content is (it's been so long since I've been having it), but I've never had any side effects with it.
The calories are pretty low compared to other breakfast cereals, and it's the only thing that fills me up for more than half an hour in the morning! :)
I hardly ever get any side effects with anything I eat (cast iron guts, I think)...but everybody's different, so best not to have it if you're being on the safe side.

Hi

Quaker Oat So simple golden syrup packet my favourite in the morning too. To be honest I never checked the nutrition in it as I just assumed porridge was good for me and like Alex is all that will fill me up. I ran out earlier this week and have been having weetabix and banana and its higher in calories. I've never had a side effect from porridge and enjoy it so will stick with it.

yeh me to lol

Back