Porridge

Thanks, I used to make it with Hot water when I was on cambridge but as it said cold water I thought Id try the recommended way . I will try your way tomorrow.

Hi, I found 200ml of water makes it way too runny - just use less, maybe 150ml and you'll get to a consistency that suits you. If it comes out too thick, you can always add a little boiling water from the kettle - but if you put in 200ml to start with, you cannot take it away. Using less water and letting it stand for a minute gives you yummy, creamy porridge.

Thanks Lizzy , so pleased Ive got some advice on the porridge . Ordering some more this week for next so want to make sure I get the consistency right.

I use 200ml of water as directed but cook for 3 mins in total, 1-stir-1-stir-1. It's never going to be as thick as regular porridge oats due to the small amount of oats it has in it but I still think it's delicious, a bit like a runny rice pudding.

I love it with 150ml water too, very tasty and it gets a lovely wee skin on top :).

Yes the sawdust in the bars takes a bit of getting used to. I'm almost at the end of my first month and I shivered at the last bite of my orange one this morning, it'll be a box of toffee ones and a box of porridge for this next month.

I do prefer the toffee bars to the orange ones. The toffee are more bearable . Just trying to work out what to order for the next 4 weeks makes sense to buy in bulk. Really dont think i will be ordering soups, trying one again this evening so we will see. What does everyone order, do you all do 2 packs of 50 for the 4 weeks .

I've not tried the porridge yet, might get some to try with my next order.... As far as ordering goes, I got the bumper pack to start with, and was going to order the bumper shakes and 50 toffee bars for my next one, but my sister in law bought a bumper pack that she now doesnt want, so looks like I'll be using that first..... 7 more tomato&basil soups to endure.... urghhh..... lol! I like everything else though, so may still go with the month bumper pack, just makes things easier, and slightly cheaper!

Porridge sounds great for a change, but I hated the LL and CD versions.... Is this one any better?

is actually loving...welll...liking the bars now, i pick at one during the day and mainly with my cup of tea with vanilla, try dipping it in the tea...

Was going to ask about this myself as i tried the CD version and it came straight back up (sorry if tmi) Had the consistency of slimy rice pudding. yucky!

I absolutely love the porridge I follow it exactly as it is on the pack. Words can't even describe how much I love it :) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back