Porridge

Good evening all, has anyone cracked porridge without a micro wave? I am away this week and planned to make it with boiling water in a hotel room, I will have a kettle but the micro wave will not fit my suitcase.

I want to avoid the Restaurant and heavy greasy cooked breakfasts. I know I can do a shake or a bar but warm porridge sounds so good.

Any suggestions?

GSQ

dawnybabes said:
I made it yesterday with just boiling water, gave it a good stir and left it for 10 mins, was OK didn't think it tasted much different to microwaved one

Thank you. That is really helpful.

GSQ

determinator said:
I reckon if you made it with boiling water and covered it for 5 mins it would probably work :)

Thank you determinator. Why cover? To keep it warm? GSQ

I had it this morning and added too much water - it was like gruel - or something Oliver Twist might reject! Taste is superb though even if it disappears too fast.

Oh the joys of Exante - weight going down as planned. It works.

GSQ

Is it nice then? i have heard so many mixed opinions but that was on CD, is there much difference with Exante?

nicci79 said:
Is it nice then? i have heard so many mixed opinions but that was on CD, is there much difference with Exante?

I think so, but not everyone agrees. It tastes delicious to me, worth a few trial packs with your next order, taste it and see?

GSQ

will do, thank you x

Nicci don't get too much to try, I heard the raving reviews about it and I don't like it at all, and now I've got a load in the cupboard :eek: I could quite easily have loved it, I love the soups and some people really don't like them so don't splash out on loads as it does make it hard if you don't like it x

Well I made a new order yesterday and I ordered 2 packs of Porridge just to taste as I've never had it before. Anyway, Exante sent me 5 free packs :) The expiry date of the ones I bought were September, but the free ones are 31st May so they are obviously getting rid of stock before it goes out of date. I hope I like it now I've got 7 packs. Thanks Exante :clap:

I love the porridge :) I cant stand the soups though :spit:I need to place another order soon, I've only got a weeks worth of shakes left.

flabbuster said:
I love the porridge :) I cant stand the soups though :spit:I need to place another order soon, I've only got a weeks worth of shakes left.

I am now in danger of having porridge for breakfast dinner and tea! Boring but delicious, works fine with hot water, no microwave necessary.

GSQ.

Hi everyone,

Is the porridge sweet? I was thinking of having it for breakfast tomorrow, but I haven't got any sweetener yet.

Back