Porridge!!

scotsnat38

Hello everyone!

Ok I want to try making porridge..never done it before so this should be fun!

I'm using scottish oatmeal to make it...

It says in WW book that porridge made with 30g oatmeal and water is 1.5pts...I haven't got kitchen scales at home (well not decent ones!)..any idea how much roughly 30g is?

Or can someone give me measurements such as handfuls/tablespoons/cupfuls to use and tell me points values made with water??? I don't want it to go over 3 pts for the bowl.

Any porridge making tips would also be greatly appreciated...I think it's 1 part oats to 2 parts water?

Thanks everyone!! :)

30g is not very much, but cooks to plenty and is very filling. A good heaped tbsp at a guess, or a good handful. I add salt, and stir water in, maybe 3 parts to the oats. I microwave it a minute at a time, stirring inbetween, til it gets to the consistency I like. I have candarel on top, and some skimmed milk. I like the big oats too, the small ones seem to end up too mushy.

If you buy for example the quarker oatmeal there are some small packages and it says how much gram is in there. I am not sure how much is in one package but it should be around this amount. Or maybe you have a measurung cup at home to see how much 30g /almost an ounce is!

This wont help you today but instead of porridge I use oatsosimple cos they only work out a two points (plus .5 point for skimmed milk) - gorgeous esp golden syrup flavour.

Is the Oatsosimple already made up in sachets so I wouldn't have to weigh it?? Easy enough to make etc?
That'd be much handier!! I love proper porridge but for convenience in mornings etc I'd love something quicker!!

The Oatsosimple stuff is great, not quite the real thing but its lovely. I take it to work when Im early shift in the winter months & just pop it in the microwave to cook.

Back