Porridge

law3a3m

Gold Member
Hi everyone!

I'm following the EE plan and am wanting to mix up my HE Bs a bit as literally have bran flakes most days. Thinking of trying porridge but does anyone know if any of the pots of porridge (like the oats so simple or alpen) ones count as healthy extras. These pots would be so much easier for work. Thanks!!

Cant say 100% that they are, but to save you some money, why not buy a big bag of porridge, measure out 35g, decant into a tuppaware container & then take to work.....schimples !

Do you add milk or water to yours? And how long do you bung it in the microwave for? I'm a porridge beginner! Xx

The pots usually have powdered milk and sometimes also sweetener in them so they do not count as a HEB but if it is a plain porridge one you can take 6 syns off the total if using porridge as a HEB :)

Hi

You can make "magic" porridge and save your HEA! Measure 35g for your HEB and mix in 1 muller light yogurt, cover and leave in the fridge overnight, then add another muller light before eating and add some super free ie bananas, strawberries and raspberries

I usually make mine with water.... But add a few things...

I cook it with the water in the microwave.... Take it out and let it cool for a minute. Then I add some fat free yoghurt, raspberries (slightly mushed up) and sweetener. It is lovely. I find the yoghurt adds the creaminess with using syns or milk as my HEX A!

Do you add milk or water to yours? And how long do you bung it in the microwave for? I'm a porridge beginner! Xx

I do similar to the other posters. I put 35g in a bowl with a little water for 3mins 30sec. I then take it out and let it cool a little, then add a splash of milk from my allowance. And I have really suprised myself by no longer having sugar, and not keen on sweetener so just have it as it is. Didnt think I would ever eat porridge this way, its amazing what you can get used to. I used to be a loads of full cream milk and sugar porridge person :)

Back