Porridges

donnamarie

Silver Member
Hi all I'm just finishing week 3 and was thinking of trying the porridges.
Which ones would you recommend and how do you do them please? :)

I would just try the apple and cinnamon to start as I have the walnut one in the beginning and it put me off as its strong tasting. I boil water add and mix ten microwave for 30 seconds and then stir and another 30. Personally I love mine super runny :)

My fave is original x

Hiya! Cant believe you havent tried the porridges!! I am on day 7 today and definately could not have done this week with out it! I have two porridge a day and one shake, from tomorrow I am going to have just porridge. It is so yummy and filling. You are supposed to blend the sachet with 140mls of hot water then put in a bowl and microwave for 1 min BUT i use 180 mls and microwave for about 2 minutes as it absorbs more and makes a large bowlful! I like the original best, its nice and sweet but not too sweet. The maple and pecan is nice too but tastes more artificial! I have yetg to try the apple and cinnamon! You should definately try them, they arnt to everyones taste but i love them!
Congrats on making 3 weeks- how much have u lost if you dont mind me asking?
x

Thanks all :)
Think I'll put some on my order this week then.
I've not quite done 3 weeks yet.
Today is day 19 so nearly there.
My next weigh in is Wednesday and my CDC likes me to email my order to her on a Monday.
I lost 10lb week one and 5lb week two. :)
Hoping for a good loss this wednesday too x

I might try a porridge this week - you've made them sound quite nice!

I'm on day 19 too :)

I'm sorry, but I won't be much help here. I find the apple and cinnamon porridge really hard to stomach (it's my first week) and I was retching as I ate it. The maple and pecan is marginally better, but not much. I go for my weigh-in on Thursday and I'll be getting shakes instead of porridge for the mornings. I can't go another week of eating them, because I really dread breakfast with them. I'm fine with all the soups and shakes. I should say though, that a lot of other people seem to like them, and I haven't tried the original one. It's probably worth you trying them just to see how you go - but perhaps buy two or three, just in case you don't like them.

Last edited:
Steveswife said:
I'm sorry, but I won't be much help here. I find the apple and cinnamon porridge really hard to stomach (it's my first week) and I was retching as I ate it. The maple and pecan is marginally better, but not much. I go for my weigh-in on Thursday and I'll be getting shakes instead of porridge for the mornings. I can't go another week of eating them, because I really dread breakfast with them. I'm fine with all the soups and shakes. I should say though, that a lot of other people seem to like them, and I haven't tried the original one. It's probably worth you trying them just to see how you go - but perhaps buy two or three, just in case you don't like them.

I'm like u I hated the porridges I have soup and shakes only now but only like the orientL chilli and chicken and mushroom soup but love all the shakes specially butterscotch and choc mint

I'm like u I hated the porridges I have soup and shakes only now but only like the orientL chilli and chicken and mushroom soup but love all the shakes specially butterscotch and choc mint

I've been OK with the soups so far - I've only tried leek and potato, mushroom and chicken and mushroom and I've enjoyed them (they do taste slightly 'powdery' though). I like the shakes too. Trying the choc orange one tonight - but having it as a hot choc. I'm yet to try oriental chilli but I bought almost every flavour last week so I'll be trying it at some point before my weigh-in on Thursday.

Steveswife said:
I've been OK with the soups so far - I've only tried leek and potato, mushroom and chicken and mushroom and I've enjoyed them (they do taste slightly 'powdery' though). I like the shakes too. Trying the choc orange one tonight - but having it as a hot choc. I'm yet to try oriental chilli but I bought almost every flavour last week so I'll be trying it at some point before my weigh-in on Thursday.

I didn't like the leek or the tomato one, just put loads of pepper in mine so they taste better I love the shakes loads of crushed ice and blended like mad :)

I didn't like the leek or the tomato one, just put loads of pepper in mine so they taste better I love the shakes loads of crushed ice and blended like mad :)

I'd be so gutted if I didn't like any of them lol. I think it's a case of finding what works for you. Some people love the porridges but I really don't like them. I like all the soups I've tried so far, but a few people avoid them like the plague. I'm doing my best to be creative with my 200cal (white and green) meal each day - adding loads of herbs and spices to pep it up x.

Steveswife said:
I'd be so gutted if I didn't like any of them lol. I think it's a case of finding what works for you. Some people love the porridges but I really don't like them. I like all the soups I've tried so far, but a few people avoid them like the plague. I'm doing my best to be creative with my 200cal (white and green) meal each day - adding loads of herbs and spices to pep it up x.

I don't have the meals yet I'm on SS too scared to start eating yet gonna do this for full 12 weeks if I can

You're doing really well harassed_mother - I hope to have lost a stone at my week 3 weigh in on Wednesday :sign0009:

Em_Butterfly said:
You're doing really well harassed_mother - I hope to have lost a stone at my week 3 weigh in on Wednesday :sign0009:

Thank u xx I actually love it and can't believe been 25 days without touching a single piece of food

I did SS last time, SS+ this time - it is an amazing diet! Congratulations on your fantastic results so far :D

I don't have the meals yet I'm on SS too scared to start eating yet gonna do this for full 12 weeks if I can

My consultant didn't want me to start on SS. I'm going to see how SS+ goes and if I lose too slowly I'll ask to go on to SS. Not sure I could manage without solid food :) x.

Steveswife said:
My consultant didn't want me to start on SS. I'm going to see how SS+ goes and if I lose too slowly I'll ask to go on to SS. Not sure I could manage without solid food :) x.

I'm on SS but because my Bmi is high I have to have 4 shakes and 1 pint of skimmed milk a day my CDC asked if I wanted bars last week but I said no not ready to start eating yet I don't think

Same here, a lot of people say it's a really small different per month - about 1 - 2lbs so I'd rather do it for an extra week or two and be able to eat a little. I'm enjoying cooking my little Quorn/fish meals every evening - loving the spices too! It gets me through and makes me slightly less moody lol!

Em_Butterfly said:
Same here, a lot of people say it's a really small different per month - about 1 - 2lbs so I'd rather do it for an extra week or two and be able to eat a little. I'm enjoying cooking my little Quorn/fish meals every evening - loving the spices too! It gets me through and makes me slightly less moody lol!

Lol is it a lot u can eat or do u have to weigh it all

Back