Portion Control

JULY2010

Hi all,

Ive another question before starting (plan is to start on saturday when ive done my meal planner and got all the foods in).

Until i get into ketosis i will be hungry, and at present i eat huge amounts hence the reason im a 'fatty'. Until i get into ketosis (ive been there before on CD so know i dont get hungry) can i eat loads of the legal stuff in whatever portion size i require? I know i should stop when im full but its here i need to start learning, but to get me through the first few days, if i eat a whole chicken in 1 day will this be ok? I work in a cheese factory so the sight of cheese makes be bad and i wont be overdosing on that. Ive also read pork scratching are ok in phase 1 so ill be having packets of them on standby!

I spoke to a girl today who done atkins for 3 weeks but didnt loose any weight as she said her portions were massive and she was eating for britian.

Your experience will put my mind at ease no doubt.

Thanks in advance.

For my first few days until I got into ketosis I ate whenever I needed too... once in ketosis how much I ate went down dramatically. HTH. x

I think you just have to do anything to get through the first few days hun its hard but it passes. So yeah eat lots of legal stuff and your appetite will soon go

xx

Atkins said eat until you are comfortably full, of course that varies from person to person.

Yes the thing at first is to get into ketosis, so the old cravings can fade away. If you have a lot of weight to lose, and especially if you usually eat lots of carbs, initial weight loss should not be badly affected by the amount you eat provided you are on plan and not totally gorging!

The more weight you have to lose the higher the Induction losses, usually. Just concentrate on sticking to the rules and very soon you will be enjoying the benefits.

Good luck, and keep posting!

I think you will love Atkins. Don't think 'I can't eat this or that', think of all the yummy and health-giving things you CAN eat. Wonderful tasty food. This is no ordinary 'diet'! It's great.

Ask away July, one thing we're not short of here is advice. LOL

Back