Positivity vanished

Cambslass

So..i'm on day 11 and my usual positivity is lacking.
Don't get me wrong i'm not contemplating giving up, but i just feel really lethargic today and a bit poorly, infact i have spent my entire day in bed! Watching food programmes (weirdly) haha! But i just wanted reassurance really, maybe someone else may have felt like this, as i always see peoples first weeks are the worse..but last night i felt emotional and very hungry and today just tired and little poorly...hope somebody can shine a little light on my situation before i become half woman half mattress haha?!!

Hey!

I am on day 10 of my 9 millionth restart...okay, so thats not exactly true but almost.

Anyway...I think something that has happened this week, which has happened to me before, is the emergence of sunny weather and heat. We are losing far more water that we were last week. So have you checked your water intake. If you are dehydrated, you wont feel like drinking water, but you need to like it or not. Normally we get about 30% of our water intake from foods - which isnt happening on this diet, so drink drink drink. Also, rest its good for you. The first few weeks as ketosis kicks in you can feel light headed, nauseous, fluey. You will be fine, take it easy and drink as much as you can.

Great advice about hydration.

For what it's worth, I always found week two the worst. Week one was a novelty, and I never experienced the headaches etc which seemed to plague other people. By week two the originality of the diet has worn off, and you're down to just the hard slog of keeping going. It will pass, and of course it's not inconceivable that you're coming down with a summer cold or something like that too. This time next week you'll be in a completely different (and better) head space. :)

I'm only on day 5 and already I'm losing it! I keep fantasising about stuff I would never eat usually (toast and dairylea, a vegetable calzone or a goats cheese salad) This is the third day I've had a headache :( it's really getting me down now I drink at least 4 litres of water a day! Don't want to break but think I will :(

I'm day 12, step 2 but in ketosis. Lost 14lbs last week and I do feel positive but the last 2 days I've gone off the products. Still had them but they make me feel nauseous :/ hoping it's just the weather lol x

I found week 2 harder than week 1, it's tough going. Just keep thinking of the end goal, it will be worth it :) xxx

I think it is the weather plus ketosis can cause nausea. Sparkling water may help x

Thanks for the replies! I dont think its the water in my case as i have around 5litres and thats not including my coffees, today i feel really poorly with an upset stomach but im just going to soldier on through haha!! Hope everyone is doing ok:) x

It could be the shift to the packs. I've known effects like that. Take it easy as much as you can in this beautiful weather x

YummyMummy, I have days like that too. I think that I just can't force another stupid Cambridge drink down... so I don't! I know I'm missing a third of my nutrients on that day blah blah blah but one day of less than 100% of the RDA is not going to kill me. I'm sure there were many, many days pre-diet when I had less than 100% of my RDA for anything except carbs and ice cream, and they didn't leave me suffering from malnutrition (they did make me fat though... ;)).

Clairey86, everything you just listed sounds AMAZING. Where's the slobber emoticon when I need it?!

Back