POST BABY DIET DIARY!!!

Shelbyflyinsolo

The background:- im 23 had a baby 10 weeks ago and now feel ready to start looking at getting into shape! (notice how i didnt say back into shape, i was never in shape in the first place!! LOL)
Before i had my little girl i was roughly 15st 7lbs and am now 16st 4lbs.
in the past i have tried WW, RC.... all sorts but i find what works best for me is good old fashioned calorie counting. :)

The Goal:- Ideally i would like to sit somewhere between 11st and 12 st.

Im going to aim for 1200 calories a day and exercise 3-5 times a week.
Will update my diet/exercise diary on here!!! I will weigh in on a Friday, starting tomorrow.

Wish me luck

Shelby xxx :D

Good luck!

Hi Shelby, Sounds like you have it all sussed! Only thing I wonder is why you decided to start a different diary as I see you already have one under WW I believe!?!
No problem switching to a diet that you feel more suited to and I do wish you all success in doing it as well.

i decided to change to calorie counting as i find WW a bit of a faff.... working out how much points are in things ect. nornally this didnt bother me, but with a little one i cant spend so much time on it xx

Day 1

Breakfast:-

1 slice aldi farmhouse loaf - 149
1 egg poached - 100

Lunch:-

1/2 tin aldi chicken soup - 115
2 slices aldi farmhouse loaf - 298
25g cheddar cheese - 104
small salad - 50
1tsp mayo - 109

When i nipped to the shop earlier i made a point of buying some extra light mayo i was mortified that such a small amount of normal mayo is so high in calories.

Went for a walk with my other half and little one at 1.30pm and didnt get back till 4pm!!! It Certainly blew away the cobwebs.

Dinner:-

Grilled chicken breast and roasted pepper salad. I figure this would be about 400 calories. My partner made it so couldnt say for definate. He was under strict instructions to only use fry light and not pile my plate up bless him!

Total so far :- 1325cal/0 remaining

125 over - but my big walk compensates for that i hope!

Last edited:
Day 2

1 slice aldi farmhouse loaf - 149
1 egg poached - 100

1 pk Aldi ridge crisps - 158
2 slices aldi farmhouse loaf - 298
50g cheddar cheese - 208
small salad - 50
1tsp mayo - 10

I had a christmas/new year dinner planned with my girlies tonight and it was all about damage limitation we had garlic bread with mozarella, lasagne and salad and profiterols, but i only had really small portions and switched up my wine for a couple of vodka and sugar free cranberry juice.

Total so far :- 1200+cal/0remaining

Last edited:
I know what you mean about mayo! I can't stand the light ones though so I'm kinda stuck with normal one! I try to use the light salad cream instead of mayo sometimes instead. Goes well with some stuff :)

First things first i weighed myself this morning to see what the christmas damage was i havent gained ive stayed the same :D

MARE OF A DAY, didnt track anythink but still ate reasonably well. I really need to pull my finger out in the new year and get on top of this!!!!!

Day 3

None

turkey and cucumber sandwich with light mayo.
2 sticks of celery
tbsp potato salad
+ small slice of pork pie.

Chicken, pepper and mushroom reggee Reggee skewars x 4
Large Salad
3tbsp Potato salad.

Went for a walk for about an hour with little one.

Last edited:
I know what you mean about mayo! I can't stand the light ones though so I'm kinda stuck with normal one! I try to use the light salad cream instead of mayo sometimes instead. Goes well with some stuff :)

Im a salad cream fiend i eat it with everything but i dont like low fat versions :( which is rubbish, which ones taste most like normal salad creme?

Loving your diary so far honey :) are you on mfp? If so I will add you :)

Ive signed up but havent religiously started using it yet, my user name is shelbywilkins x

I get the one that's just light I think, not the extra light one. I think it's 35cals a tbsp. I can't tell the difference between that and normal salad cream. Definitely can with mayo though. The lighter it is, the more it just tastes like egg to me!

Day 4

Poached egg on toast

pk aldi ridge crisps and a greggs sausage roll

3 bbq pork ribs
reggee reggee beans
chips and potato salad

Snacks:-

cadburys wish and handful pistashio nuts

Another awful day but i did an hour of zumba on the wii tonight to make up for it. Weighing In day today STS 16st 4lbs, this weeks goal is to track religiously and stay under 1200 every day.

Good plan :)

Back