post christmas detox - need some inspiration

Fair play Mrs Wisoncroft you have gone to a lot of trouble to attach the threads I admire your willingness to help others AND the way you understand this thread better than me!! Lol not a massive job still do not know how to attach threads!!! But taken mrecages to start to get to grips with FB please could you teach me and many others how it's done ! And still not happy with FB do you want another buddy? If so will post

Hi josie, bag ideas great...am vegetarian though...:)

Oh dear, red days are not such a good idea then!!

I am not a soup fan but the one soup I do adore is butternut squash which is totally syn free and because it is quite thick, it is very satisying and filling and will speed along your weight loss.

Good luck, hope you have good losses for the new year

Fair play Mrs Wisoncroft you have gone to a lot of trouble to attach the threads I admire your willingness to help others AND the way you understand this thread better than me!! Lol not a massive job still do not know how to attach threads!!! But taken mrecages to start to get to grips with FB please could you teach me and many others how it's done ! And still not happy with FB do you want another buddy? If so will post

Awww thanks Hun I'm always willing to help anyone xxx

Yes mrs wilsoncroft you have indeed put yourself out...thanks so much for all the recipie links. Very sweet of you..:)

Great thread. I, too, feel the need for something to get the new year shaking. I think I'll buy one of this hand whizzy things and try to make some soups. I's always been wary of soup for dinner as it doesn't seem right without bread and cheese, but I reckin I'm past that now. Thanks to the OP and contributors for 'food for thought'!

Here is a cauliflower curry that I make.......

Pete’s Aloo Gobi-2

Serves 4

Ingredients

1 Onion (s)(sff)
1 Cinnamon stick
1 Cup of frozen peas (ss)(ff)
3 Garlic Cloves (sff)
4 Curry leaves
30mm cube of Ginger
1tsp Cumin Seeds
1tsp Fennel Seeds
1tsp Coriander Seeds
1tsp ground Turmeric
1tsp Fenugreek
1tbsp Tomato puree (s)(sff)
1tbsp sweetener
400g Chopped Tomatoes (s)(sff)
Knorr “herb”stockpot
400mL water
4 medium floury potatoes (ff) (Maris Piper, King Edwards) cut into small cubes
1 Cauliflower Head, cut into florets (s)(sff)
Salt & Pepper

Method

Chop the onion, garlic & ginger in a food processor & blitz.
Part boil the potatoes and cauliflower for 5 mins, remove and drain.
Crush the seeds in a mortar & pestle.
Heat a frying pan, sprayed with Fry Light and cook the seeds, curry leaves & cinnamon stick until they sizzle.
Add more Fry Light, then adding the paste from the food processor, fry for 10-15 mins until brown.
Add the ground spices, tomato puree, S&P, chopped tomatoes & sweetener, vegetable stockpot & water, simmer for 10 mins then add the potatoes & cauliflower, mix together, simmer for 10-15mins until the Veg is cooked, adding more water if the sauce is too dry. 5 mins before serving add the peas. Remove the curry leaves and cinnamon stick before serving.

Aloo Gobi-5 (Small).JPGAloo Gobi-6 (Small).JPGAloo Gobi-7 (Small).JPGAloo Gobi-8 (Small).JPGAloo Gobi-13 (Small).JPG

had the mushy pea curry and it was yum! the OH hates mushy peas but he loved it, said he would have it again!
weighed myself this morn and i seem to be back on track, was so surprised!!!! its amazing how a few speedy recipes and long dog walks sorts everything back out!
having meatballs for tea tomorrow and think i'll try the cauliflower curry at some point xxx

Back