Extra Easy Post your clever ways of getting in your superfree!

Pootler

I've seen a few posts lately from ppl new to SW who are daunted by the thought of the 1/3 superfree. I think we automatically think of it as having to plonk some salad on the plate, when really you can be much more versatile. We might forget for example, that any sauce made with tomatoes goes towards that 1/3. Because we automatically think that something so yummy must be baaaaaad I suppose. ;)

So, what are your cheats and other simple ways of getting in your superfree without really noticing?

Mine are:

• Carrot scan bran cake! (Got a simpler recipe than the one I posted previously - takes 10 mins, perfect for breakfast. Will post later.)
  • Eat fruit while cooking.
  • Take bags of snack veggies to work (grapes, cherry toms, carrots, cucumber)

p.s. Yep. I'm still here. Checking in now and again. I've maintained for 5 months which I think is FABULOUS. SO PLEASED!!! First time ever I think. Now attempting to get down to size 16 before Christmas. :)

add loads of veg to pasta sauces or chilli and spag bol.

i often to a tom and veg sauce and blitz it up to hide veg from o/h and daughter who is 4 1/2

I just add LOADS of veg to chillis, Spag Bol and curries, so if for example I do the spicy chicken, potato and spinach curry from the EE book (my fave) I also add mushrooms, green beans, carrots and peppers - yum!!

i put peppers,onions, mushrooms and cherry tomatoes in a sw quiche and have it with a few new potatoes, very filling and usually some left to snack on. im making chicken vegtable kebab skewers tonight, sprayed with fry light and roasted in the oven.
similar to the quiche but i had an omlette last night with low syn sausage and loads of mushrooms, onions and tomatoes inside.
pita bread pizzas with your hex cheese and whatever superfrees you like.

Back