Pounds v's inches.

Madison

Hi,
Just wanted to share the following with you. I started the Dukan plan 8 weeks ago at 12 stone 10 lbs. Over the first 5 weeks I lost 10 lbs which I am delighted about. I stopped weighing myself 3 weeks ago and at that stage I was 12 stone. In the last 3 weeks I have never once deviated from the plan, the only thing that may have been causing me an issue was dairy, which I cut out for 5 days last week. Back on that allbeit limited amounts as from today!
So, this morning after a pp day yesterday I decided I'd hop on the scales. Before doing so I tried on my jeans of truth to find that they were fitting a heck of a lot better than a couple of weeks ago. Anyhow, got on the scales to find that I'm STILL 12 stone!! I couldn't believe it, that in 3 weeks I have lost nothing. These particular pair of jeans would be fitting me usually at 11stone 8/9/10lbs.
I'm just wondering if anyone else has noticed this - inches lost rather than pounds? I'm thinking since I've taking up the jogging I may be toning up a bit too. Going from doing no exercise what so ever to jogging 3 times per week has to be doing something right!!
I keep trying to tell myself that it's how my clothes feel on my that's important but I still find it disheartening not to see the scales moving downwards.
I drink 2 litres of fluid each day, mainly water, don't take salt in my food, don't suffer from issues in the basement and don't go off plan. The only other thing I can think of is that my cycle is a bit all over the place.
Many thanks in advance for any imput :) x

Madison I've just mentioned this on another thread, I feel I'm loosing more inches than weight and wish I'd measured at the begining. I'm not qualified to coach but I weigh every day and record all I eat so if I put on or stall I hopeful can pinpoint the problem quicker.....just a suggestion, and your jeans of truth don't lie ;-)

My cycle can add/subtract as much as 6 lbs to my weight in a single week, so don't discount that possibility. Plotting my daily weight against my cycle really helped me to relax a little when I first started the diet.

Thanks for the replies, really wish I had measured myself at the beginning of this. Very pleased this morning as I decided to try on a work skirt that I haven't been able to wear in such a long time. Not only does it fit but it's a bit loose round the waist. Yay, happy days, the inches are melting away it would seem. The scales and I have fallen out big time and we shall not speak again for some time lol

See... if your shirt is a little big aswell could it possibly be your scales on the blink?

Hi Sididd,
Do you know, I was just thinking the same thing about the scales. My brother only asked me last week when visiting if they were correct with a puzzled look on his face. He's always been lean and trim so I'm presuming he was lighter than he thought!!! Well bully for him lol. Didn't bother asking..

Just out of curiosity get weighed at boots there's will be regularly calibrated so you'll know but if clothes are getting bigger your doing something right x

Back