PP's WeightWatchers Journey

2lb loss for me this week.
I remembered my gym kit so went to Group Kick two evenings.
The slow cooker chicken was very tasty, there is a container of that in the freezer. Aubergine bake in the oven now, and I mixed enough filling so there is another dish made with lasagne sheets waiting to cook next. The filling is a vegetable mix with onion, peppers, courgettes, spinach, mushrooms and a carton of chopped tomatoes.
i need ground coriander for the chicken curry - I have some coriander seeds, so will have to see if I can grind them up. I will get that made tomorrow evening as Friday is a free evening ( no gym and no WW meetings. ;) )

After taking a look at my herbs and spices I decided to get myself a new supply and get rid of the ones that have been in the cupboard for several years.
I have decided to look for a spice grinder to go with my new cooking for the freezer hobby. Or a mortar and pestle. Or both. ;)
Last night I made chicken pasanda from a weight watchers recipe. I used half the quantity of chicken but added mushroom and courgette. It has split into four portions.
I need to get some fresh ginger for the next recipe attempt (plus some more freezer containers). This one is a hairy bikers chicken korma. Then I will look at the celery soup recipes to see which I prefer. Another batch of minestrone soup, some more jacket potatoes and then perhaps something with chicken and bacon, and I might be all right until Christmas.

Had a cooking blitz last night and made a Hairy Bikers chicken korma (three portions in the freezer) Hairy Bikers Spanish chicken (four portions in the freezer) and there is a chicken and bacon casserole slow cooking at the moment. Some jackets to finish off tonight and then I will make some lentil and bacon soup and I don't know what else. I made the celery soup earlier in the week and also a red pepper soup (weight watchers recipe). I still want some more soups and chicken dishes to freeze, then I am prepared for anything :)

I had done a long update post just before Christmas but it disappeared without posting.

anyway I have managed to keep on track over Christmas. I was away stopping with relatives, but I took my microwave dish and packets of porridge with me and had my normal breakfasts all the time that I was away. I ate normally for the rest of the meals including Christmas dinner with roast potatoes, parsnips, stuffing, riced potatoes (rather than mash) and little sausages wrapped in bacon :eating: Everyday we were out walking with the dog, usually at least an hour and a half so I had plenty of exercise. There were no WW meetings for two weeks as my meeting day is Thursday, on my first day back after my break I had lost a half pound, which I think was very good since I had chocolates and Yule log and nuts as well as puddings everyday over my Christmas break.

I missed my gym classes before Christmas because I managed to hurt my arm, then the gym was closed over Christmas and new year. This week due the bad weather I decided I was safer going straight home rather than hanging around for another couple of hours after work. I didn't stop for the WW meeting either, just went in and got weighed. I was heavier this week, but I put that down to wearing more layers of clothes in the cold weather. I always weighed myself on a Saturday morning - I was dieting for over twelve months before starting WW so I have continued doing that. I am always heavier on their scales on a Thursday evening than I am on my scales at home. When I weighed myself this morning I was a pound lighter than last weekend. So I am still on track and happy about that. I don't have to lose much more to get to my target, I'm not aiming for the weight some websites suggest as I think that is way too light. I'm happy at the moment because I have new smaller sized trousers and jumpers, and feel a lot better and can do a lot more too! Eighteen months ago when I started dieting I couldn't have walked as far, or done the exercise classes as I was so unfit. The new clothes meant that people have noticed that I have lost weight and I have been complimented on my weight loss.

For 2015 I want to lose a few more pounds, and perhaps add another gym class to my routine.

The weather has turned wintry after the quite mild November and December. I'm wearing several layers of clothes because of walking to and from work. We haven't had a lot of snow, but enough to make the side streets bad so I have been walking in the mornings to the bus station (there is a bus that would take me there but not at a convenient time) and most evenings have got a lift part way home, then walked.
My WW meeting is straight after work, so I'm usually later home on that day. I've not decided whether to go tonight or not, I will not be any lighter because of all the walking gear, plus I would be going home later when the bus services are changing over to the erratic evening services instead of getting a lift part way.
I've not been to gym classes this week either, but the extra walking will have added a bit of exercise.

I met a friend at weekend that I've not seen for a while. She wasn't sure it was me when she saw me at first because I looked thinner - and that was even allowing for the fact that I had on a fleece and waterproof jacket over my two jumpers thermal leggings and lined trousers, plus a big scarf and gloves and hiking boots.

Snow had gone last week so I went to two gym classes. Unfortunately there aren't any more classes that I want to try that are at convenient times at that gym. The ones I go to are after work, with just enough time for me to get changed and walk down to the gym (or go in the car if it is raining). My gym membership allows me to use three different gyms - one five minutes from work, one nearer to home and one about twenty minutes away in the opposite direction(so I've not considered going there at all). One of the classes that I like the look of it at the second gym, so I would go home and then down to the gym. The problem is that it clashes with the WW meeting. I've not stopped for the meetings recently - just dashed in and got weighed, or missed the meeting altogether because of weather and transport problems. Because of the timing of the meeting I am hanging round after work for an hour before the actual talking starts and not getting home for tea until after 8 pm. Even the gym nights are earlier than that.

I'm putting a suggestion into the gym for more classes, and keeping my fingers crossed. Also going to skip out of the meeting after weighing to try the other gym.

Last week I was a half pound heavier, this week have lost that half pound plus another pound making a total of 14lbs since I started WW last August.

I also started the the gym classes in August. When I started I was trying Group Kick once a week and gym work one evening, plus walking with the dog at weekend. I added activity propoints by estimating based on the fact that I was sweating after so many minutes exercising. Since October I have not been doing the gym evening, but doing two evenings of Group Kick. However although I am better at keeping up and doing all the moves than when I started I think I'm probably reaching less activity propoints. Last week after seeing someone using weighted gloves at the workout, I decided to get a pair for myself and found that they made me feel as though I was working much harder. I have also started a third class, this one was piloxing.

Last week I was on holiday from work for a week, dog sitting. The dog and I walked every day. I missed two of my gym classes because it would have meant travelling to the next town (where I work) at the rush hour in all the traffic. I did go to my new class - the piloxing. I'm using the weighted gloves for the kick classes, but haven't felt confident enough of the exercises to try them at piloxing as yet. I went to a different WW meeting - different day, different town and different time - late morning rather than tea time. I managed to lose the pound and a half that I was up last week ( have no explanation for that at all) plus another two and a half pounds making a four pound loss altogether. I was intending getting a lot of sorting done and throwing out all the clothes that are two sizes too big for me now. I started to do the sorting, but the dog wanted a lot of my time. In the process of sorting I managed to lose my WW folder.

Normal WW weigh in day this week, my leader was pleased with my progress. Although I stayed the same this week, she didn't see any problem with that due to different day and times of the last weigh in.
As I was at a different meeting last week I didn't have my proper card to fill in and so this week I got my 10% award and also a note that I am only 2lbs from my goal. Still haven't found my folder.

I'm still thinking about another gym class, I'm hoping that they will rearrange timetables soon and put a Zumba class at a good time. I would like to have a look at Pilates - just to see what it is like, and then perhaps something like kettle bells.

Still hovering round that "almost at the goal weight" but not quite there yet.
I had chocolate at Easter. People bought eggs for me, it would be rude not to accept them.
i also had plenty of exercise. Went on a walk that I couldn't manage to complete before the dieting/exercise. This time I did complete. I'm tracking steps every day, can't manage 10,000 because of sitting most of the day at work, but I am aiming for 5,000 on work days plus three evenings gym to boost those days. Then non work days I have often managed up to 15,000 steps.
Gym classes are being changed - the change is being forced upon us due to staff and timetable changes. At the moment one replacement has been announced and that one will be ok as a replacement, still awaiting details of another class. As an experiment I'm giving up my Saturday morning to try a Zumba class.
I've been having salads at lunch time - but no bread or wraps with it, it is almost the weather for salads for tea as well.
however I may have to rethink to get these final few pounds to the goal weight.

I've been at that annoying half a pound up one week, half down the next for the last few weeks. It has been salad weather, so salads for lunch and tea.

I have a fitbit and am getting loads of activity points to use. Can't get to 10,000 steps on non gym/ work days. Plenty of walking planned for next weekend.

Still waiting for the announcement about the new gym classes and times, at the moment I'm looking at possibly five classes - but it depends what changes are made whether the ones I want will still be available at convenient times.

Slowly getting there, just one and a half pounds to goal.(weight watchers scales and target, which are different to my home scales).

two gym classes tomorrow and then two days when I can get plenty of walking done. Just need to decide where to walk

plenty of salads this week

I did walk a lot over the last Bank Holiday Weekend, I have had a change of gym classes this week due to a rearrangement of the timetable. Circuits one day - and my legs were still aching two days later. I'm now in size 12 leggings which I am happy about as 2 years ago most of my clothes were size 18 and 16. But although I'm thinner, that last couple of pounds to my goal weight is refusing to go, I've been going up and down by the odd half pound since the middle of March. This week at my weigh in my leader told me to concentrate on eating plenty of protein to see if I can finally reach that magic goal weight. So the plan for this week is to see if I can have more protein for breakfast - I have been having porridge since last summer.

Now to research possible breakfasts.

Back