Practice what you preach

rosa87

When someone come on the message board feeling really low if they've only lost a pound or sts, I am more than happy to reassure, advise and point out that it happens to all people and not let it get them down.

Most likely your body suddenly panicking over the amount of weight its lost and starts to hold onto water, fat etc just in case the weight you've lost is down to a shortage of food and is doing its best to survive in those circumstances.

If that's the case a week or two and your body relaxes and realises that all is well and it can let go of the excess water and fat.

Or its because either to much salt, not enough water or a combo of the both has led to water retention.

If your following the plan these really are the only reasons why its a slow week there is no way your body won't lose weight the amazing tag team combo of vlcd and ketosis.

But why, why if I know this is it so hard to tell myself that when I have had a disappointing loss.
:sigh: -1lb :cry: loss this week :(

That's just it....1lb loss is not disappointing.....You've lost 16 ounces of fat, that is the same as losing 2 blocks of butter! It is still a very good loss and you shouldn't feel down about it :) ..Its another lb closer to your goal :) Chin up hun!

Aw Its so hard when it happens to yourself. Ive been very lucky with my loses SO FAR! when I did LL the first week I lost 3lbs while everyone had huge loses, then for two weeks I STS, I was crying and having tantrums but you have to stick with it and KNOW you are losing weight and it will show itself on the scales eventually.

1lbs is ALOT when you actually see it!

Back