pre conception advice please...

oh i'm 41 this year tracie and I've got all I need with my son, but mind you I loved being pregnant !! xx

Lots of best wishes hun. I have a wonderful little daughter , She's the best thing that ever happened to me. I was told when i was 20 I wouldn't be able to have children , she was born 16 years later and is my little miracle. So hope you have lots of fun trying xxxxx

Good luck to you Tracey:).

Not that it matters too much before hand, but it will when you are pregnant, but some multi vitamins are not suitable for use during pregnancy! Too much Vitamin A for example has been linked with birth defects, and is one of the reasons pregnant women are advised not to eat vast quantities of liver any more. (The liver stores Vit A ). To be on the safe side(and to prevent you from worrying) I would buy a pregnancy multi vit, which you will know is completly safe!
Also, Folic Acid is water soluble, which means your body will excrete what it doesn't need, so it is perfectly safe to take an extra tablet, if it makes you feel better:)
You can also buy fish oils that are for pregnant women! These have been shown to promote healthy brain development whilst in the womb, but once again, please make sure that if you do choose to take them,that they are the ones for pregnant women.
Like everyone else has said, relax and have fun:D!

ha you beat me to it, was just gonna say about vit a and offal, its vit a from animal source(which is called retinol) that you need to avoid, but of course if you take a supplement for pregnant woman that'll be taken care of.

And yes relax!! we took 8 months to catch with our 1st and it was the month i didnt care that it happened. just let it happen 2nd time and caught straight away

thats fab advice thanks very much!! i actually bought santagen pro natal vit tablets last night, as i didnt get on with pregnacare, made me feel really sick!! yeah i was looking at my multivit last night and there is 100% vit A in, i thought that wasnt advisable for pregnant women x so i took my 1st sanatagen today and hasnt made me feel ill so thats good!! am still takimng evening primrose oil too though, that would be alright wouldnt it??

getting drunk seemed to work for most of my friends lol only kidding hon i wish you all the best how exciting a minimins baby woo hoo i think the most practical advise hon is not to stress let nature take it's course eat healthy be happy let your body doit's thing XXX and lots and lots of luck

quite by coincidence I have been looking at evening primrose oil for pmt and have just found something on google that said not to take it when pregnant, so you might want to stop taking that while you a enjoying yourself!!

ooo really?? thanks for that!! i did wonder about it but as were not trying yet i will carry on taking it till im good to go!! lol x x

Back