Pre cut chips for frying????

*soon-to-be-slim*

Silver Member
Evening, I want to make some sw chips in my Actifry. I have some pre cut chips which are just frozen potato... Asda cheap ones for frying..., would they be free or syned? Tia

They'll be synned, how much depends on what make and product they are. If theyre the cheap ones itll probably be quite a lot, they have a lot of oil in. If you post the exact name someone will look them up for you.

They are asda smart price chips for frying, no oil on them... They are just cut potato

If there is definitely no oil in them then they should be free, but I have never seen pre-cut chips without oil in. Is there no type of oil listed AT ALL in the Ingredients list? :confused:

The only Asda Smart Price chips I can see are these ones which have vegetable oil in as the second ingredient, 3%.

They are 4 syns per 100g
100g is hardly anything btw - works out at 62.5 syns per 1.5kg pack.

Ok cheers x will steer clear from them :)

Consultant brought chips in made up with these for a target member party at group last week and she said they were syn free???

You sure they werent SW chips ie just potatoes chipped up & roasted in Fry Light? If it has oil in you have to syn the oil, end of.

You sure they werent SW chips ie just potatoes chipped up & roasted in Fry Light? If it has oil in you have to syn the oil, end of.

But she had just bought pre cut potatoes in a bag from asda like OP stated.. when she said chips I think she might have just meant potatoes?

But she had just bought pre cut potatoes in a bag from asda like OP stated.. when she said chips I think she might have just meant potatoes?

Like I said "You sure they werent SW chips ie just potatoes chipped up & roasted in Fry Light? If it has oil in you have to syn the oil, end of."

If the bag of pre-cut chips was just potato that's fine but if there is oil in the Ingredients list they are not free.

I know I have said this before, earlier today, but I make no apology for saying it again - we do have to read the very small print on the back of the package. Manufacturers are obliged to tell us all the ingredients, but they don't seem to make it easy to read. So we have to squint at it, or get the magnifying glass out, but read it we must if we are going to know what we are eating!

Like I said "You sure they werent SW chips ie just potatoes chipped up & roasted in Fry Light? If it has oil in you have to syn the oil, end of."

If the bag of pre-cut chips was just potato that's fine but if there is oil in the Ingredients list they are not free.

Oh whoops sorry, thanks :) Just making sure people know there are such things as these on the market!

Back