Pre-making Shakes

Discussion in 'SlimFast' started by Pink_Fluff, 13 September 2009 Social URL.

1. Pink_Fluff

Pink_Fluff Chocoholic

Start Weight:
    14st2lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    3st3lb(22.73%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    I'm sure this has been asked many a time but can the powder shakes be made in advance?
    I'm starting my new job tomorrow and I want to make up my shake and take it in with me rather than spend a fortune on premade shakes.
    I'm doing a test tonight by making my breakfast shake now and leaving it in the fridge until the morning.
    I think I may get a locker at work in which case I'll just leave a tin of powder in there and take in milk every day or something. I know its probably stupid but I'm a little embaressed, I don't want everyone knowing I'm on a diet on my first day at work. Oh well I'll see how it goes. If anyone has experience of making up the shakes I'd love to know how you've got on.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. katalena

katalena Enjoying life!

Start Weight:
    18st13lb
    Diet:
    I was on Lighter Life
    Pink, I can only answer from a Lighter Life perspective but I would imagine it is the same. The shakes can't be pre-made as the vitamins and minerals start to depleat.

Hope you find out the right information.

Kat xx

4. JeniPring

JeniPring Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(9.13%)
    Diet:
    SF
    yeah there not very nice if left for awhile :( theres always the bars though, some say there a bit on the sweet side but i find them ok :)

5. Caloriefree

Caloriefree Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.76%)
    Diet:
    My own
    i would say as long as you kepted it cold and gave it a good shake before drinking there shouldnt be a problem...just bring a cooler with ice everyday and put it in there in your locker. Nothing to be ashamed of hun its a great thing that you are keeping yourself healthy!

6. Stirky7

Stirky7 Believe!

Start Weight:
    14st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimfast/JUDDD
    Yes they tend to settle if left a while, I've never made mine in advance so don't know what they are like. But I'd try it and as caloriefree says give it a good shake beforehand and keep it cold. can you put it in a fridge at work? If not get an insulated lunch bag with a couple of ice packs :)

7. FattyMcBigbum

FattyMcBigbum Gold Member

Start Weight:
    26st2.2lb
    Current Weight:
    24st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    21st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3.2lb(4.7%)
    Diet:
    Slim Fast
    How about freezing it, take it to work and by lunch time it should have thawed and still be cool? could do a test for that too, see how long they take to thaw

Last edited: 14 September 2009
  8. Stirky7

Stirky7 Believe!

Start Weight:
    14st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimfast/JUDDD
    Oh good idea Lisa! That could work really well, you'd just have to time it right, wouldn't want an ice pop as a shake lol!

9. Pink_Fluff

Pink_Fluff Chocoholic

Start Weight:
    14st2lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    3st3lb(22.73%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    freezing sounds like a good plan. The one I had this morning tasted a bit weird but I had just brushed my teeth! So decided to take the milk and a bag of powder and made it up in work. There's a fridge and I should be getting a locker so I figure I can just get a tin and leave it in the locker and take in my milk everyday. Was a bit tough for the managers meeting which apparently is traditionally accompanied by coffee and muffins but I explained I was on a diet and had already lost loads of weight so I didn't feel so bad!

10. sparkelwings

sparkelwings in my dreams!!!!!!

Start Weight:
    17st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    managing your diet at work is so hard especially if you'd rather other people didn't know. i use the powder shakes and made it up in the morning but put it in a thermos flask and then the fridge and really shook it up at lunchtime which was ok. if you can't do that then as suggested try having a bar or take in a salad as its still low in cals by adding up your snack value. you can get a lot of salad for them x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.